August 2014 Brides – What have you done so far?

posted 3 years ago in August 2014
Post # 4
3557 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I’ve got venue and ceremony booked. Customized menu hashed out with the venue caterer. Got my dress and shoes, and we’ve gotten FI’s vest. Our BP is picked out as is our color scheme. I’m meeting with a photographer that we’re probably going with on Saturday, and we’re meeting with the offciant we’re probably going with on Wednesday. I’ve picked out the fake flowers I want for boquets on Etsy and am working on contracting a greenhouse to grow the centerpieces. FI and I have also picked out the invites we want.

Post # 5
498 posts
Helper bee

I’m September 2014, close enough right?

We’ve booked ceremony and reception venues/rentals, DJ, photobooth, photographer, florist and ordered my dress. We think we know who we’ll use as an officiant and may have just found a caterer. I’ve also made a lot of DIY stuff already- signs, candle holders, banners, sash for my dress, mason jars with lids for straws and chalkboard stickers and a handful of other things. 

We still need to find a cake, I think we know who we’re using and will do a tasting in a month or so. Also need to figure out hair/make up. 

Post # 7
511 posts
Busy bee

I both love and hate these threads, because I like to see where I SHOULD be, but then I always get in a panic that I’m way way behind everyone else 😛 All we have booked is a reception venue (which includes absolutely nothing except tables) and a photographer. We’re still negotiating with family with regards to the officiant situation and where exactly the ceremony will be. I’m having some meetings with caterers next week. And I’ve picked my bridesmaids, although my fiance won’t ask his groomsmen yet and insists it’s way too early *grumble*. I really need to pick up the pace!!

Post # 8
3557 posts
Sugar bee

@thunderberry:  Don’t feel bad. I know some 2014 August brides don’t have a reception hall or anything else booked yet. FI and I are having a long engagement (we’ve been engaged since last December) and we started booking early because planning from a distance is difficult.

Post # 9
84 posts
Worker bee

We have booked our venue, it includes the catering, table/chairs, linens & ceremony space. We have booked our photographer, officiant, band and a quartet to play our ceremony and cocktail hour. We are having our engagement photos taken next month (October.) The bridesmaids/men and groomsmen have been selected along with color scheme. That’s about it for now, I took a 2 week break but will start sourcing save the dates, florist etc. I am in two weddings in October so things are busy!!!!! Good busy though J

Post # 11
57 posts
Worker bee

My Fiancé and I have been together for 6 years so getting married has been a long time coming which results in so much done ahead of time. We have been waiting for me to graduate from college. (Graduation May 2014 YAY)! Anyways when I do travel home I try to make it as productive as possible. 

We have our colors, I have my dress purchased. The groom and groomsmen have purchased their vest from men’s warehouse and jeans. (We are having a country wedding. (Jeans, dress shirt, vest, and boots). 3 out of the 5 bridesmaids have purchased their dresses (The girls are picking out their own short ivory lace dress and wearing matching light blue cardigans with cowgirl boots). All 5 bridesmaids have purchased cardigans. Flower girl dresses are picked out waiting to purchase till closer to time. Venue picked and set. Cater set. Photographer done. Engagement pictures done. Guest list done 328 people unless dad adds again. Photo list done. Table decorations lanterns purchased (lanterns are on half the tables so 15 are purchased and the other tables are old galvanized buckets I have collected to put flowers in). Most decorations purchased. Officiant (pastor) and premarital counseling scheduled. Bridesmaid and flower girl gifts purchased. Cake designed picked and baker (my mom has done cakes for over 25 years so that was easy)

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors