August 2014 Brides – Where are you with your planning

posted 3 years ago in August 2014
Post # 3
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I have the church, reception venue, photographer, dj, and caterer booked as well as colors picked out! Thinking I can relax a little bit now until I go dress shopping in August 🙂

Post # 4
496 posts
Helper bee

We have our venue booked, our save the dates, our colors picked, I’ve asked all my girls if they would be bridesmaids, I’m most likely going to buy my dress this saturday..I know what I am leaning towards buying. The Photographer we want to use is avialable for our date, we just need to give her a deposit, and our officant is also avialable for us. Our wedding package includes the cake, DJ and Limo…so they are mainly booked..we just need to decide which company to go with, oh and it also includes center pieces, and decoritive flowers.

feeling a bit like an over archiever….

Post # 5
399 posts
Helper bee

So far we have the venue booked (which provides the catering), the DJ, photographer and I found my dress just have not bought it yet. I feel like I have the basics done and now I can just relax for a few months! 🙂

Post # 6
15 posts
Newbee

We have our reception venue, DJ, photobooth, and photographer booked.  I have chosen & put a deposit down on my gown, and have verbally confirmed a church for the ceremony but will be meeting in August to make it official.  Engagement photos this August and then Save The Dates will go out – I can’t wait!  But I know others who are getting married well after me and have more stuff done, and it gives me anxiety.

Post # 7
1466 posts
Bumble bee

@yorkiemad00:  I got engaged last August, so I’m pretty far… Got reception and ceremony booked (same venue, which also includes catering, easy peasy!), photographer (that was easy because he and his daughter did all of me and my sisters’ bat mitzvahs), rabbi (also easy, my rabbi growing up! so excited that he has finally decided to do interfaith marriages! probably the first person I booked, literally saw him the day after I got engaged and asked him), DJ, almost got my videographer, and I’ve got the dress! It was a sample on sale in December (apparently a wonderful time to go dress shopping and get samples on sale in case you are planning on waiting that long!!!) Asked all my maids, FI asked all his men (4 each). I think that covers it. Oh and we already sent out save the dates! I know that’s early, but his sisters who are married thought the earlier the better so people can plan ahead. Our families are not rich and live all over the country so they’ll need to save up for a while if they’re gonna make it! 

I’m very happy with where we are, especially because we are both in school so we don’t have time when we’re not on break to do all this stuff. It’s good to be ahead now instead of getting way behind later. 

Next stop we’re looking for a cake baker next time we go home… prob later this summer. And maybe booking flowers. And towards the end of this fall we’ll figure out bridesmaid dresses and then the mens’ suits! So excited! I’m having a lot of fun with all this. I hope you all are having fun too!

Post # 9
194 posts
Blushing bee

So far we have the church picked out, not booked until we pay the deposit, the officiant, the reception venue booked. I’ve purchased my dress and we’ve purchased FI’s wedding band. I’ve started collecting mason jars for the reception. Oh and we also have a photographer. 🙂 

I was worried I was too ahead of the game but it looks like I am not! 🙂 

Post # 10
52 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

wow! That makes me excited to start doing more! I thought I was getting ahead of myself!

I only have the venue, date, and photographer booked.

I have a really good idea in what I want for my dress, but I KNOW me and I will need to wait for that because I will second guess it. So that’s not getting done until Dec/next January.

We are going to send out our STD’s in January, because I figure that’s when people get their work’s vacation schedule to fill out. I’m glad I started planning already, because I think I’ll have the perfect amount of time to figure things out and make/order them 😉

Post # 11
104 posts
Blushing bee

Feeling so behind all of you! We have the ceremony & reception site booked, our photographer booked and our letterpess invitations & response cards designed. I have a general idea of want I want for flowers, dress, bridesmaids and decor. Really need to find an officiant and DJ/band soon though!! I have the month of August off so hopefully I can finalize more then!

Post # 12
252 posts
Helper bee

Ahhh you guys have sooo much done already! We have ceremony location and venue… Thats it!! I have a dj and photographer holding our date. I can’t do so much at once my fI thinks im crazy and can wait lol! Also need an officiant or priest flr ceremony.. Any thoughts? 

Post # 13
1670 posts
Bumble bee

We have the church, the venue, and my dress and shoes and headpiece.

I am currently AGONIZING over photographers. Agonizing. And we are shopping a band for our wedding. Other than that I haven’t really done anything. 

Post # 14
1076 posts
Bumble bee

I’m at a stalemate.

We have:

Venue for ceremony and reception (include catering)

Lighting

Dress

Photographer

Save the Date cards

Gold bird confetti

But now, I’m stuck. I bought my dress back in June of LAST YEAR and while I still like my dress, I wish I would have given myself time to look at other things and now I’m second guessing everything. Why did I buy the dress so early?! Why did I pick a venue so early?! Why is everything blue (except the gold bird confetti)!?

I’m freaking out. Help me 🙁

Post # 15
592 posts
Busy bee

Like I said on the 7/14 thread, here’s what I have so far:

• venue
  • photographer
  • the dress
  • church
  • picked the colors (navy and yellow)
  • tenitive guest list
  • designs for STDs, invitations
  • interviewing DJs (it’s between 3 DJs)
  • interviewing florists 

However, I’m still debating over video or not.  I wonder if it’s worth the price or not.  I don’t like seeing myself on TV but it would be nice to have it in motion.

Post # 16
248 posts
Helper bee

@JackiBean: Jackiiiiiiii breathe, beautiful. 1) Your venue is incredible! You must have had a few glasses of wine.Tongue Out 2) Try to remember how you felt when you saw and purchased your dress. Don’t feel bad about second guessing, but I’d say its even more important to try and remember what made you love (or maybe just like) the dress to begin with. Maybe it’s not the dress that’s giving you pause but the experience around selecting the dress. Who know? But the good news is that you have plenty of time to explore options if you ultimately decide that you aren’t quite satisfied. Regarding the colors, maybe it’s time to start up a theme thread for August brides? I know I love looking at everyones decor choices Cool

Right now, my partner and I are trying to nail down a videographer or photographer to shoot our save-the-date video. I’m really excited and looking forward to getting these out the door before the end of the month. I was hoping to get some friends who are awesome photographers involved but they don’t have the technique down, which is a bummer.

Other items crossed off the list: venue, caterer, photographer, dress.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors