August 2014 Mamas – Part 2

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: I hope our baby gets his/her daddy's....
    gorgeous eyes. : (19 votes)
    39 %
    perfect ears. : (1 votes)
    2 %
    awesome head of hair. : (7 votes)
    14 %
    outstanding nose. : (1 votes)
    2 %
    enviable physique. : (4 votes)
    8 %
    adorable feet. : (0 votes)
    beautiful smile. : (9 votes)
    18 %
    great sense of humor! : (8 votes)
    16 %
  • Post # 4
    377 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

@KatieBklyn:  Thanks for starting the new thread =] 

I feel awful today, feeling sick, im super grumpy! cannot stop shouting at everybody but then i cry and im so sorry for shouting but i cant help it. Ugh. I need to make it to the second trimester and fast so these awful symptoms can go away. 3 weeks, 4 days to go. 

Post # 5
    29 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: August 2013

@KatieBklyn:  Thankyou for taking over this board! I’m sure I speak for everyone when I say we really appreciate it!

I am feeling pretty good, sore boobs are the main symptom, and maybe a little bit more tired, but other then that and about 20 pregnancy tests I wouldn’t even know I was pregnant lol!

Post # 6
    373 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

@bouncybee:  that was me yesterday! I also woke up to my car door handle being broken AND a flat tire. I called the dealership and was bawling. That was an awkward conversation. Lol. 

Post # 7
    3119 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

@KatieBklyn:  Thanks for starting this! Can we please o please add a poll?! I love polls. What about a question on what feature we are really hoping our babies – boy or girl – take from our husband (or reverse it to us?) with options of: eyes, nose, ears, hair, height, legs, feet, hands, other, etc.?

Merry Christmas Eve to all who celebrate! I’m off work for the rest of the week, so am cleaning the house and wrapping presents today. 

My morning ClearBlue + Weeks gave me 3+ again today, and my Walmart cheapie tested really strong lines very quickly…and since I’m 26DPO that’s what I expected and am hoping for. Which means that we will be telling my in-laws tomorrow on Christmas! I am so excited. 

@bouncybee:  @cbco:  Sorry for the moods ladies. I’ve been really snappish lately too, but I don’t know if that’s just me giving permission myself to be bitchy or if it’s actually really due to pregnancy!

Post # 8
    1805 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

@KatieBklyn:  thanks for taking on the thread! 

Merry christmas eve to those who celebrate!  We are telling our families today, it seems so weird! I think it will make the baby seem all the more real when I can actually talk about it!  I’m a bit nervous about them being able to keep the secret, but it’s not the end of the world if extended family finds out.  I just wish I felt better 🙁  it’s so hard to get the house cleaned, myself DH and all three dogs cleaned packed and in the car, and do it with a smile on my face when all I want to do is puke and sleep!

Post # 9
    3119 posts
    Sugar bee

@cant.wait.to.be.mrs.d:  Sorry you’re feeling crappy. Good luck today!

I’m a little worried about my father in law keeping it secret too. He’s one of those inappropriate Facebook users who shares tons of information awkwardly. I’m not nervous he’ll be blatant about it, but I feel like he would think he was being clever and put some cryptic message that was obvious, like “great Christmas with the family, who knows, there might be more of us next year” haha or something like that. We’re going to need to be very strict with him. My MIL will probably just explode and tell one of her co-workers which is kind of okay, but I just don’t want anyone knowing our business if things go wrong. Mostly I’m just excited to tell them, though. 

Post # 11
    3119 posts
    Sugar bee

@KatieBklyn:  OMG haha I love it! You made it so funny. 

I chose eyes – my husband has some gorgeous baby blues. I would also have chosen ankles if an option, as I have cankles and my husband has some lovely shaped calves that taper into slim ankles haha. 

Post # 12
    1805 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

@kate02121:  it’s DHs grandmother that I’m most worried about. She has absolutely no clue how fb works but she is on constantly! She thinks that if you tag someone ONLY that person can see it. Ugh! Also his stepmom is a talker! I’m just going to have to trust them!

@KatieBklyn:  yayyyy polls!

Post # 13
    715 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

@KatieBklyn:  thank you for starting the new thread! The poll is too funny 🙂

I’m popping in to wish everyone who’s telling their families today and tomorrow GOOD LUCK!  Keep us posted. I can’t wait to hear how it all goes. 

Happy 6 weeks to me today. Woke up with nausea for the first time and my boobs are as sore as ever. Each new symptom is the greatest Christmas gift of all!  Aaand now I’m crying, darn it. Still emotional over here!

Merry Christmas eve to all who celebrate. I’ll be thinking of you all today and tomorrow! 🙂

Post # 16
    490 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

@KatieBklyn:  WHOOHOOO thanks for starting the new thread!  I feel ok. Mostly just sleeping weird (tired but can’t sleep, wake up a thousand times because I can’t get comfortable).  

I posted in the Facebook group that we told my Inlaws and it was good!  They were very excited.  I was so nervous right before they found out.  I’m 28 and married, babies are ok, and it really felt like I was 15 and scared my parents wouldn’t approve!  I didn’t expect that 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors