August 2014 Mamas Part 9 – We're almost there!

posted 2 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
408 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

How many days until due date & when are you due?  25 days until August 9th! 🙂

Any reason for a scheduled C-section or induction? If so, why and when?  No reason to believe I won’t go into labor naturally at this point.

Any signs of labor yet? No signs yet. I just feel like the baby has dropped. TONS of pressure down there when I stand up.

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)? At my 34w appointment I was up 26lbs

What’s your general birth plan (eg. drug-free, epidural, gas, C-section)?  I’m going in with a very open mind. I’ll do whatever the doctors deem necessary, but I for sure want an epidural.

Who will be in the delivery room with you? Just my husband and staff.

What’s your guess – when will your baby arrive and how much will he/she weigh? And, for those who are team green, are you thinking boy or girl? My guess is that baby will come on the 10th (full moon), and be 7lbs 12oz. I’m hoping for a girl, but wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a boy.

What’s left on your pre-baby to-do list? Just need to buy an extra car seat base or two. Otherwise I think we’re all set with the necessities.

Do you have names picked out? Are you keeping them secret from family and friends? We do have our names. We’re keeping them a secret from Family and Friends, but sharing with you guys! Caidence Otillia, or Nash Phillip. 🙂

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH,  Mom, MIL)? We haven’t asked for any, but I’m sure we’ll have lots of offers for help.

How long will you take for maternity leave / will you be a SAHM? The plan for now is to start leave August 6th and return to work October 14th.

Bump love photo if you care to share! I’ll share my 36w photo when I edit it. 🙂

<br /> 

Post # 3
1060 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

kate02121:  Thank you for starting a new thread, I can’t believe it’s almost baby time!!!

How many days until due date & when are you due?  36 more days ahh! 35 Weeks tomorrow, Due Aug 20th

Any reason for a scheduled C-section or induction? If so, why and when?  Not as of now. I was worried about needing a c-section for placenta previa, then for a transverse baby and heart shaped uterus (ie no room to turn) but luckily my latest u/s revealed baby is head down and placenta has moved out of the way. yay!

Any signs of labor yet? Nope. Mild BH every now and then, but nothing constant.

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)? 19lbs as of today.

What’s your general birth plan (eg. drug-free, epidural, gas, C-section)?  Hoping for completely drug free and no epidural. I am open to the possibility if I feel like I am dying, but I will go into it with the mentality that I can handle it. I’ve made sure DH is well aware of this plan too so that he can help encourage me and comfort me through different positions and coping techniques. We are going to have a secret word for labour that means I want the epi. Simply telling him I can’t do it, or it hurts and I want it won’t be enough… but if I tell him that secret word… that means I am serious and it’s time to find the nurse!

Who will be in the delivery room with you? DH only + all the necessary hospital staff

What’s your guess – when will your baby arrive and how much will he/she weigh? And, for those who are team green, are you thinking boy or girl? I have had an inkling that I will be early, so I haven’t mentally prepared for the possibility of baby being late – even tohugh that is the most common scenario for first time moms. DH and I both come from families that are rather small in stature so I imagine our baby to be maybe 7-7.5 lbs. Our latest u/s measurements at 34 weeks put baby in the 60th percentile.

I’m team green and have felt all along that baby is a girl. I CANNOT wait to find out if my intuition was correct.

What’s left on your pre-baby to-do list? Still need to buy a few things, mainly a baby monitor, a few disposable diapers/bottles to get us started, prep all the cloth diapers, finish up at work, clean the house and prep a few freezer meals. I was knitting a blanket but there is no way I’ll be finished in time 🙁

Do you have names picked out? Are you keeping them secret from family and friends? Yep! We have our top 2 name choices for boy and girl, and are keeping them a secret 🙂<br />

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH,  Mom, MIL)? DH will take a few unpaid days off when baby first arrives, then will take some vacation in early september to be home with us. My mom is retired and lives 2 seconds away so she will be over a lot during the day to help out while DH has to work.

How long will you take for maternity leave / will you be a SAHM? 13 months off. Last day of work is Aug 8th and I am counting down!!

No bump pic to post so I’ll add my own final question: What are you going to miss most about being pregnant? I’m going to miss feeling baby move inside me. We have such a special connection that no one else gets to have with my baby. I’m going to miss that feeling when he/she is on the outside for everyone to cuddle.<br />

Post # 4
1106 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

How many days until due date & when are you due?  47 days, EDD is Aug 31st

Any reason for a scheduled C-section or induction? If so, why and when?  Nothing pointing toward a C-Section yet, haven’t made it to my 36 week scan though, so we’ll know more later!

Any signs of labor yet? Lawd Jesus, i hope not this early!

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)? More than I’d like, but I still get “you’re carrying great” so I’ll just let it go and work my butt off (literally) after I get a handle on this Mom thing!

What’s your general birth plan (eg. drug-free, epidural, gas, C-section)?  Hoping to labor at home as much as possible (hospital is a 5-minute drive), get to the hospital and if the pain is ridiculous, I’m not opposed to pain meds/ epidural… ultimate goal is to get baby out safely so whatever it takes!

Who will be in the delivery room with you? Husband and I’ll extend the invite to our parents– not sure if they’ll accept or not. I definitely would like my mom in there as she naturally delivered myself and my twin brothers– I think she has the ability to be a good coach.

What’s your guess – when will your baby arrive and how much will he/she weigh? And, for those who are team green, are you thinking boy or girl? I keep thinking Sept 1-3, for some reason, It’d be fun to go into labor on Labor Day… I have zero hunch on whether I’m carrying a boy or a girl, but I hope for a 7lb 8oz baby, 20 in long– DH was 9lb8oz when he was born… i really hope this one doesnt take after daddy!

What’s left on your pre-baby to-do list? Too much! Home renovations are wrapping up, so now the focus shifts to baby– Nursery is pretty much set up, We’re having a late shower (July 27) compared to everyone else, but my DD is at the end– The main things are checked off of the registry, so thats a plus too!

Do you have names picked out? Are you keeping them secret from family and friends? Names have been picked since about month 4, DH picked both of them (after my hours of research and list-making!) and they are top-secret.. only the two of us know ’em!

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH,  Mom, MIL)? I don’t think i’ll be able to keep our moms away. First grandbaby on both sides, so everyone is excited. DH will take about 2 weeks off after baby comes so that we can all bond as a new family.

How long will you take for maternity leave / will you be a SAHM? I currently work out of my home, so my plan is to take a solid month off from my email, phone, duties and then slowly pick things back up after I (hopefully) start to get a hang of this Mom business. Work has agreed to be very relaxed with my schedule, if I need to answer emails at 10pm during a feeding, they’re fine with it.

Bump love photo if you care to share! <br />Don’t have an updated one! Will take a new one at 34 weeks on Sunday =)

Post # 6
348 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

How many days until due date & when are you due?  August 22 – 38 days, if Kate’s math is correct. Which I totally trust it is! 😀

Any reason for a scheduled C-section or induction? If so, why and when?  Not as of now. I do have a growth check on Wednesday, so I’ll probably (hopefully!) have a better sense of things then.

Any signs of labor yet? Nope!

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)? I’m somewhere between 20-25 pounds.

What’s your general birth plan (eg. drug-free, epidural, gas, C-section)?  I’m definitely leaning YES towards pain releif, including an epidural if it’s an option.

Who will be in the delivery room with you? Just my husband, Matthew.

What’s your guess – when will your baby arrive and how much will he/she weigh? And, for those who are team green, are you thinking boy or girl? I’m thinking we’ll be early, but I don’t actually have any reason to say that. Probably pretty big. I was 8 13 and Matthew was 9 5, and at our last sonogram we were measuring ahead. But, again, we should know more next Wednesday at our growth check. We are also Team Green — Matt wants a boy so girl, maybe?

What’s left on your pre-baby to-do list? It’s getting shorter, but it also seems never-ending…

Do you have names picked out? Are you keeping them secret from family and friends? Yes, we have both a girl and boy name picked out and we have shared it with family and friends.

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH,  Mom, MIL)? It’s been offered but I’m tentative to accept any at this point…

How long will you take for maternity leave / will you be a SAHM? I will be a working-from-home SAHM. Yay!

Post # 7
84 posts
Worker bee

How many days until due date & when are you due?  33 days until August 17 (wow thats scary/exciting now that I see that number!)

Any reason for a scheduled C-section or induction? If so, why and when?  No everything looks good so far

Any signs of labor yet? I haven’t even felt Braxton Hicks contractions yet…. anyone else not felt them yet? 

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)? 30lbs… Everyone tells me its all baby so that’s encouraging! I’m pretty petite I started pregnancy at 110lbs and I’m only 5′ so I feel huge now!

What’s your general birth plan (eg. drug-free, epidural, gas, C-section)?  The plan is to go in with the mindset that I’m going to go all natural. If I’m not coping well I will try the laughing gas and if it’s really bad I will get an epidural. After having experienced the pain of kidney stones in this pregnancy I feel much more prepared to handle pain during labor. I learned what techniques worked for me and I know that I don’t handle taking pain meds well!

Who will be in the delivery room with you? Husband and our doula

What’s your guess – when will your baby arrive and how much will he/she weigh? And, for those who are team green, are you thinking boy or girl?  I’ve always thought August 12th and 6.5lbs. We know baby is a girl (it will be a huge shock if baby is a boy!) My husband says if it’s a boy he will just have to wear pink for a few days 😉

What’s left on your pre-baby to-do list?  I still need to make some freezer meals and finish decorating baby’s room. We’re still waiting on our crib to arrive, hopefully it gets hre before baby.

Do you have names picked out? Are you keeping them secret from family and friends? My husband is very set on one name, I told him I would like to go in prepared with two names in case the one doesn’t work for her. We will see what happens.

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH,  Mom, MIL)? DH is taking two weeks off and then he gets a few days paid off work through his company for paternal leave which is very nice. After that my Mom will stay for a little bit and then his Mom will stay for a bit. We really have the best Moms!!

How long will you take for maternity leave / will you be a SAHM? I live in Canada so I feel very fortuante to have a full year off. My last day is Aug 8th and I can’t wait!

What are you going to miss most about being pregnant? I haven’t had the easiest pregnancy so I’m looking forward to the end. But I will miss being all her crazy dance moves I feel!<br /><br /><br />

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  rustic0820.
Post # 8
1805 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

How many days until due date & when are you due? 36 days! Due August 20

Any reason for a scheduled C-section or induction? If so, why and when? nope! 

Any signs of labor yet?  I wish! So far there is no end in sight.

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)? 23 lbs.

What’s your general birth plan (eg. drug-free, epidural, gas, C-section)? Hoping to stay drug free, but we’ll see how it goes.

Who will be in the delivery room with you? just DH

What’s your guess – when will your baby arrive and how much will he/she weigh? And, for those who are team green, are you thinking boy or girl? I think he’s going to show up a couple days early and be around 8.5 lbs!

What’s left on your pre-baby to-do list? just finishing up the hospital bags and cooking some freezer meals

Do you have names picked out? Are you keeping them secret from family and friends? His name is Timothy Patrick III, but he’ll go by Trip. I think everyone and their grandma knows by now!

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL)? DH is taking 2 weeks then another 2 weeks of half days in a couple months, my mom will come for a week, my sister will come for a week, and all of DH’s family is within a couple miles. I’m a bit worried I’ll have too much help!

How long will you take for maternity leave / will you be a SAHM? I’ll be a SAHM!

Bump love photo if you care to share! Not the best pic, but here we are heading to our last birth class this past Saturday. I didn’t realize how huge I am till I saw this! no wonder I’m so uncomfortable!!!

Post # 10
545 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

How many days until due date & when are you due? 29 days til 8/13 (!!!) 

Any reason for a scheduled C-section or induction? If so, why and when? No, hoping to avoid them! 

Any signs of labor yet? General digestive issues over the last few days, weird sleep, pelvic soreness

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)? 21 lbs as of 35 weeks, everyone comments on how small I am, including complete strangers who don’t even know when I’m due. And it’s definitely gotten old. No one should ever comment on a woman’s weight, pregnant status is no excuse!

What’s your general birth plan (eg. drug-free, epidural, gas, C-section)?  I have many preferences for labor and birth but would generally like to be med-free, if that’s not possible, I just want to feel as informed about my options as I can be and be given time to make decision!

Who will be in the delivery room with you? DH, doula, and we’re saying no tlyo students, but a resident would be ok.

What’s your guess – when will your baby arrive and how much will he/she weigh? And, for those who are team green, are you thinking boy or girl? I think this baby will share Great-Grandpa’s birthday 8/15, 6-7 lbs, guessing a BOY! 

What’s left on your pre-baby to-do list? Some shopping, cleaning and organizing, installing the car seat.

Do you have names picked out? Are you keeping them secret from family and friends? List of 8-10 names per sex and I’ve only told a special group of Facebook friends about our top contenders. 😉

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH,  Mom, MIL)? MIL and FIL may be in town and my sister will be down the street!

How long will you take for maternity leave / will you be a SAHM? 6 weeks of official leave, followed by working from home most of the week until January.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  .
Post # 11
Hostess
11469 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

It is beyond crazy that we are nearing the end! This time has really flown by and I have enjoyed so much of it.

How many days until due date & when are you due?  24 days, due August 8th.

Any reason for a scheduled C-section or induction? If so, why and when?  So far no, here’s hoping that things continue to go smoothly!<br />

Any signs of labor yet? I have been having mild contractions for about a week and I was 1 cm dilated as of last week.

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)? ….yeah…about that.

What’s your general birth plan (eg. drug-free, epidural, gas, C-section)?  I am open to whatever comes, whatever is medically necessary and whatever I feel is necessary to deliver a healthy baby and have a pleasant birthing experience. I don’t have anything set in stone.

Who will be in the delivery room with you? My husband.

What’s your guess – when will your baby arrive and how much will he/she weigh? And, for those who are team green, are you thinking boy or girl? I say he will arrive a few days after his due date and will weigh probably right around 8 pounds, maybe a few ounces over.

What’s left on your pre-baby to-do list? Nothing. Seriously, nothing. I have awed my dear husband by doing everything I had planned to do. Everything is organized, unpacked, decorated, washed and prepped. I am ready for this little man!

Do you have names picked out? Are you keeping them secret from family and friends? His name is Maverick Darrel. We have shared this with our friends and family, it isn’t a secret.<br />

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH,  Mom, MIL)? DH will take 1-2 weeks off work to help. My MIL literally lives one mile from us so that is an option should we need it. My family will not be coming up until we are settled and ready for visitors.

How long will you take for maternity leave / will you be a SAHM? Right now the plan is 8-10 weeks before returning to less than full time with me working from home 1-2 days a week.

Here are a couple of photos from our maternity shoot in Yosemite National Park:

Post # 12
151 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I haven’t been on the bee much since my wedding and it hadn’t occurred to me that pregnancy boards would be on here too! I’m sad I’ve missed out on following along with everyone so far, but better late than never!

How many days until due date & when are you due?  I’m due in 35 days- August 19th

Any reason for a scheduled C-section or induction? If so, why and when?  Not so far!

Any signs of labor yet? I’ve been having BH contractions for the past 2-3 weeks, but that’s it. 

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)? I honestly don’t know, but I think about 30 lbs. I’ve had pretty limiting pelvic pain. So, I’m anxious to pop this baby out and get back to my normal activity level!

What’s your general birth plan (eg. drug-free, epidural, gas, C-section)?  Go with the flow, but I fully expect to need pain meds and probably an epidural.

Who will be in the delivery room with you? Just my husband and the medical staff.

What’s your guess – when will your baby arrive and how much will he/she weigh? And, for those who are team green, are you thinking boy or girl? I think she’s going to be early. For some reason I keep thinking August 4th or 5th and I’m going to guess 7 lbs 6oz.

What’s left on your pre-baby to-do list? We finished our baby classes this weekend and are touring the hospital next Thursday (7/24). I still have a few things to buy and a couple decorative finishes I’d like to add in the nursery. I’ve been procrastinating on packing my hospital bag, but I made a list today. I only live about 5 minutes from the hospital. So, I figure I’ll just send my husband home to get whatever I forget… he’ll need to go home to check on the dogs anyway 🙂

Do you have names picked out? Are you keeping them secret from family and friends? We have a name picked. I’ve dropped a few hints to some of my close friends, but we’re mostly keeping it a secret.

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH,  Mom, MIL)? My husband is planning to take some time to work from home and I don’t think I’ll be able to keep my mother and MIL away.

How long will you take for maternity leave / will you be a SAHM? My husband and I were long-distance when we found out I was pregnant. I left my job after my first trimester and moved to NC so that we could be together. So, for now, my plan is to wait and see how I feel before deciding about when to return to work.

Post # 13
1773 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

How many days until due date & when are you due? My original due date was August 6th, I had an induction planned for August 1st, but baby girl came early on July 11th!! 7-11 baby!

Any reason for a scheduled C-section or induction? I was scheduled to be induced on Aug 1 due to gestational hypertension, but after my OB/GYN appt on July 10, we found out the hypertension advanced to preeclampsia, so I hurried to the hospital, went through induction and ended up with a c-section the next night. Believe it or not, I actually had an amazing labor and delivery experience and I feel great today!

The funny thing was, this was the one week of my entire pregnancy where my OB/GYN was on vacation, so his partner actually delivered me! I really liked his partner so it all worked out. We also found out that the umbilical cord was wrapped tightly around baby girl’s neck, so the doc told me even if I didn’t have preeclampsia, we would have had a c-section anyways due to the cord!

If so, why and when? see above

Any signs of labor yet? I had BH contractions leading to baby’s birth, I didn’t really have any other signs that she was coming!

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)? I ended up gaining 24 pounds in pregnancy all together! I’ve already lost over 10 pounds after baby and fluid are gone, very pleased with this!

What’s your general birth plan (eg. drug-free, epidural, gas, C-section)?  I had no birth plan- I wanted to make sure both me and baby came out healthy and safe. I was all about the epidural/pain meds, and I wasn’t going to argue with the doctor if they suggested a c-section. Good thing I didn’t have a plan, because my baby’s birth was a whirlwind! Flexibility was key!

Who will be in the delivery room with you? DH was actually in Ft Hood, TX with the ARMY and missed the actual c-section (since it happened so fast), but was able to come up to VA the next day and he is with us for the week! (He’s in the midst of a deployment). Since the c-section happened so fast, my dad was actually the one in the room with me! I’m super close to him and it was really special.

What’s your guess – when will your baby arrive and how much will he/she weigh? I KNEW my baby would come early, but I had no idea she would come this early! She ended up weighing 4 lb, 11oz at birth. She is healthy, strong, passed all of her tests, and we went home on time together!

And, for those who are team green, are you thinking boy or girl? I had a baby girl. Even if I were team green, I had all of the signs and fit the myths that I’d be team pink 🙂

What’s left on your pre-baby to-do list? Prior to my baby’s birth, we had most everything we needed and the nursery was complete, however, I did NOT have my hospital bag packed and we didn’t have a going home outfit for baby- so we had some friends do some running around for us and bring things to the hospital. She’s also tiny and wearing preemie clothes, so we’ve had to go out and buy a bunch of tiny baby clothes for her!

Do you have names picked out? My baby’s name was Layla for about 95% of the pregnancy. We had different names we’d thought about, but it wasn’t until after she was born that we decided very last minute to name her Chloe Isabelle! Chloe and Isabelle weren’t even top contenders for us, but it fits her perfectly and we love it!! As soon as our baby was born, we just didn’t see her as a Layla and I’m so happy we switched! If you are unsure about your baby’s name, I definitely suggest waiting to meet your baby first!

Are you keeping them secret from family and friends? Nobody knew that we chose Chloe Isabelle until after we made it official on her birth certificate 🙂 

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH, Mom, MIL)? DH is currently helping me until he leaves for his deployment again. My parents and brother live in the same town as me and will be helping me tremendously. My sister flew in to town to help out for a bit as well. We also have many friends who live here, and I am accepting help from everyone!

How long will you take for maternity leave / will you be a SAHM? I have 13 weeks of short term disability followed by 12 weeks of FMLA, which puts me as not going back to work until November! As much as I love my job, I honestly don’t see myself going back to work full time. I will talk to HR to see if I can work part time for my company, or I may go to work for my dad’s company part time. DH and I are moving in the spring (military move) so anything I do when I go back will be temporary.

Here is a picture of Chloe Isabelle. We are so in love with her. She is the best thing that’s ever happened to me (along with DH of course). 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  Chelwilly.
Post # 14
6067 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

How many days until due date & when are you due?  42 days until August 26th, but I’m concerned I’ll have to give birth early.

Any reason for a scheduled C-section or induction? If so, why and when?  My doc and I are going for a natural birth. Due to some gestational hypertension issues, I am worried about being induced, but I know my doc will avoid that unless absolutely necessary….we’ll see. Whatever’s best for baby.<br />

Any signs of labor yet? Not that I’m aware of!

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)? As of 32 weeks, 12.3lbs!

What’s your general birth plan (eg. drug-free, epidural, gas, C-section)?  Drug free with the possibility of epidural towards the end of labor, but I’ll avoid it if I’m able.

Who will be in the delivery room with you? My husband, doc, midwife, and any other necessary hospital staff.

What’s your guess – when will your baby arrive and how much will he/she weigh? And, for those who are team green, are you thinking boy or girl? I am trying to let go of expectations regarding the timing…I have no clue. But the baby’s definitely a little girl!

What’s left on your pre-baby to-do list? Buy items for baby’s first aid kit, pick up SIL’s bassinet…that’s it! I’m neurotic and have been prepping for a while.

Do you have names picked out? Are you keeping them secret from family and friends? Baby’s name will be Fay. We haven’t kept it a secret.

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH,  Mom, MIL)? Yes! DH and I asked my Mom to stay with us for 3 months post-birth.

How long will you take for maternity leave / will you be a SAHM? I won’t work at all for 4 months, and then will ease in to working from home after that. So, I guess I’ll be a working from home-SAHM hybrid. 🙂

What are you going to miss most about being pregnant? The special bond of feeling Baby Fay in my womb, the excitement, hope, curiosity, & wonder that my husband and I feel during this experience…I used to want only one child, but I’ve loved being pregnant so much, it makes me want more!!

<div style=”overflow: hidden; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;”><br /><br /></div>

Post # 15
401 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

kate02121:  Don’t worry about having a big baby. Honestly, if you have a 6lb baby in the brow posterior position, that can be a LOT more difficult and painful to birth than having a 10lb baby presenting anteriorly. Our bodies are built to give birth, and lots of women have big babies without tearing or trauma. My tiny grandmother had 3 babies over 9lbs! You will be great. Also, US has a very variable accuracy in predicting weight and size, especially in the later stages of pregnancy. Lots of women I know have been told they would have really big babies and they didn’t!

rustic0820:  I only felt my first Braxton Hicks last night (I am 37 weeks and 1 day) so no worries, it’s OK! You will feel them at some point. 🙂

Here is my roll call!

How many days until due date & when are you due?  20 DAYS. Gah! August 5th is D-day!

Any reason for a scheduled C-section or induction? If so, why and when?  Touch wood, fingers crossed, I hope I don’t need either. BUT I am trying to stay open minded and realize that anything can happen.

Any signs of labor yet? Nope. Felt my first Braxton Hicks last night, but really hoping to have baby cook just a little bit longer… Hubs has booked us into a 5 star hotel for 2 nights this weekend as we never did a proper baby moon and I dream of soaking in a tub (our rental has only a shower). I am so, so excited to spend some quality time with such an amazing guy. I can’t wait to see him be a Dad!

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)? At 36 weeks, 35 lbs! Eek! Since stopping work, I am trying to exercise more and eat healthier. Getting weighed again on Friday at my Obs, not excited.

What’s your general birth plan (eg. drug-free, epidural, gas, C-section)?  I would love love to have a drug free birth. The dream is to labour at home as long as possible, go to the hospital well established in labour, deliver in the hands and knees position on the bed, and have no tears. Well, wouldn’t that be great? I know Mother Nature often suprises us, so trying to keep an open mind. OH! And I am using the Epi-No. Really wish I had learned about it earlier, but you can use it from 37 weeks to help stretch your perineum and strengthen your pelvic floor. I really like it- I already feel a lot more confident and know I can make more progress getting the perineum ready for delivery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biAkJboybKE

Who will be in the delivery room with you? My husband and midwife, OBs will come in at the end to “catch” the baby. 

What’s your guess – when will your baby arrive and how much will he/she weigh? And, for those who are team green, are you thinking boy or girl? I have thought from the beginning that baby is a girl, but obviously there is a 50/50 chance! I think she/ he will be big, around 7-8 lbs. I imagine I will deliver on Sunday July 27th, because everyone in my family has been born on a Sunday, strangely. And I want his/her month jewel to be a ruby for July, especially if it’s a girl, because I have a perfect set of jewelry for her (which she wouldn’t get until she was 16, I know I am crazy!)

What’s left on your pre-baby to-do list? Oh dear. I keep hoping for that burst of nesting energy, but alas, I want to sit in my pajamas and read stuff on the internet OR go out shopping. I need to clean the house, make freezer food, get sheets for the cot, wash all the baby clothes, eek…!

Do you have names picked out? Are you keeping them secret from family and friends? Yes, we have had names picked for a while, and they are a secret. I did a lot of research and took ages picking the names. The middle names were also really tricky (my hubs is Irish so the middle names are Irish Gaelic) and I still love looking at name blogs like nameberry. I am already planning future names haha!

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH,  Mom, MIL)? We live very far from our families, BUT my mom is coming out for a few weeks after the due date and I cannot wait to see her! Hubs parents are visiting a little later for a few weeks as well. 

How long will you take for maternity leave / will you be a SAHM? I started maternity leave this week woo hoooooo! Love it. I am planning to return to work in January, so about 6 months of leave. 

What are you going to miss most about being pregnant? Hmmmm. It is really sweet feeling the baby moving. I think feeling that I can always be with the baby and protect him/her will be what I miss most. But truthfully, I can’t wait to meet the baby AND to have my body back! I miss being able to push my body, break a sweat, feel like I can run around, etc. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors