August 2014 Mommas-Part 3

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Are you team green or can't stand to wait?
    Team Green all the way! : (16 votes)
    31 %
    I hate surprises, I want to know! : (31 votes)
    60 %
    Haven't decided but man do I want some chocolate. : (5 votes)
    10 %
  • Post # 3
    3119 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

Love the poll! I voted the first one, but I’m still not confident we’ll be able to make it. I’m saying 90% sure team green. 

Post # 5
    3697 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

@mrssinger321:  I based mine on LMP but at my first appointment was measuring 2 days behind that. So I updated my apps with that new due date. At my second appointment, I was measuring right on track for the updated date. I go back tomorrow so we’ll see what happens then.  

@dodgercpkl:  yay!!!!! I’ll be 10w3d tomorrow and have my next appointment. I hope mine goes as well as yours did! 

@Treejewel19:  I see my OB tomorrow and if all still looks good, I’ll probably stop hiding it. I’ll tell my boss, and will just let it come out as it comes out. I won’t shout it from rooftops or anything (I got over that stage a day or two ago) but will just let it come out naturally. our families and our close friends already know. I won’t do a Facebook announcement until 20 weeks or so I don’t think. 

Post # 6
    6067 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: January 2012

I’m 100% team Gotta-Find-Out! I’m way too much of a control freak to wait, although I imagine it’s amazing to find out in that moment when the baby is being delivered.

I’ve been on google way too much, getting paranoid about that really bad pain I had on Christmas night for around 10 minutes. It never came back, and I don’t have any other icky symptoms like spotting, but still…

Seriously, 12 weeks can’t get here fast enough.

Post # 7
    79 posts
    Worker bee

LOLed at the chocolate option on the poll 🙂 🙂

@Glasgowbound:  Good luck tomorrow!!!! I don’t know if we are ever going to do a facebook official announcement (figure it’ll be obvious enough when I start getting a bump in pics 🙂  We are telling DH’s bestie (who I adore like a brother) this weekend and I can’t wait! We made him a t shirt that says “Uncle ” 🙂  But I think around 12-13 weeks we’ll email the friends we haven’t yet told in person — I’m very short so I assume I’ll be starting to show without a doubt around then. That way we can let a bigger group of people/friends know without posting on facebook.

@Evie19:  I hear ya. Counting down the days ’til magic number 12. So thankful to be counting along with all you lovely ladies!

Post # 8
    171 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

@Treejewel19:  with two babies on the way, i def. have to know!!!

August 19 btw

Post # 9
    3378 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

@Glasgowbound:  That’s great!!  I can’t wait to hear how it goes!!  🙂

I’m definitely on the team of I WANNA KNOW!!!  lol  I’ll be offered non invasive genetics testing (I think it was the Materni T21 test and it will also tell you gender) at my genetics counseling appointment next week and I have to make sure it’s covered (it should be due to my age and very high risk status), but as long as it is, we’ll be doing that test and hopefully will have the results and know gender within just a couple of weeks!!  I can’t wait!!

Post # 14
    1286 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

Hi ladies. We had our 1st official dr appointment today. She said everything looks great and we got to see our little nugget.  Best day ever! So far this has been an easy pregnancy. No complaints. I am getting my energy back and am not so exhausted all the time. Score. I am 8w4d. Heres our little one saying Hi to everyone

Post # 15
    377 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

I voted team green, always said i would be in this pregnancy but its so hard!! I found out with my son and it was so easy to plan, we had a name and tonnes of blue stuff and with all the illness that i had during the pregnancy i was glad not to have any more surprises.

This time i have a ‘feeling’ that its a girl but im not sure, i have no baby stuff anymore except a cot and a moses basket which are both neutral so it would be nice to have some colour but at the same time i really want to start a career after this baby and that means it might be our last. Im so torn, i keep having dreams about being in the u/s room and they ask us if we want to know what were having and i say no but then i regret it. Oh this is terrible lol. Either way in 30 more weeks we will definitely know what were having eh? 

Btw thanks @Treejewel19:  for starting this thread 

Post # 16
    3119 posts
    Sugar bee

@adeharo210:  Yay! Twins on the board! I don’t blame you. We always said that if it were twins, we’d need to find out. 

@mjwyatt84:  What a cute little nugget!

Well ladies, today’s the day for me. First appointment in just a few hours. I’ve literally been thinking about this appointment since I got my BFP 4+ weeks ago. I’m so nervous….I’ve had good and bad scenarios running through my head and how I’d react to each. Ah well…only a few hours to wait. I’m 8+1 today. Hopefully I’ll update again soon with good news. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors