August 2014 Mommas – Part 4

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What symptoms have you had so far?
    Nausea / morning sickness : (37 votes)
    14 %
    Fatigue / sleepiness : (45 votes)
    17 %
    Sore / tender / shooting pains in the boobs : (38 votes)
    14 %
    Craving something unusual : (11 votes)
    4 %
    Food aversions : (36 votes)
    14 %
    Acne or greasy skin or hair : (25 votes)
    9 %
    Constipation : (29 votes)
    11 %
    Spotting : (9 votes)
    3 %
    Frequent urination : (36 votes)
    14 %
  • Post # 3
    4440 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

Hi lovely ladies! Just stopping by… 

How does everyone feel about knowing they will be strangely huge during the Summer? 

I have heat intolerance and hate hate hate anything above 80.  I’m probably not going to be outside much or if I am, I’ll be in a pool.

My heart races and/or pounds, I feel weak and just all over hot flashed…anyone else?

Post # 6
    4440 posts
    Honey bee

@kate02121:  I know!!!! I can’t wait to just wear maxi dresses, bathing suits, skirts all day and cute sandals…that’s true…But I hate walking to the car when it’s hot, sitting in a hot car waiting for the AC to fully take over … those types of things. uhk! It gets so humid here it’s disgusting

Post # 7
    408 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

Due Date: August 9th

Favorite thing about pregnancy so far: DH does most of the cooking these days.

Least favorite thing about pregnancy so far:  Feeling like a constant party pooper… December and January have been full of parties for us (holidays and birthdays) and I feel guilty for always wanting to go home and go to bed.

Most excited for: Right now? The second trimester so I’ll hopefully be feeling better, and I can tell anyone I want to.

Most nervous about: Labor. I’m such a wuss when it comes to pain sometimes.

Finding out or Team Green: Team Green all the way!

Funniest/biggest/most unusual craving: Haven’t had many cravings yet, but I think about sushi all the time. I have caved and gotten some fully cooked stuff twice.

Possible names: Girl = Cadence?, Boy = Ian? Still not dead set on them though.

Just for fun, what was, or will be, your first purchase for baby? Our first purchase for baby was two lamps for the nursery. Does that count? Otherwise we haven’t bought anything yet. We’re closing on our first home the end of February so I want to hold off until then to make any purchases.

Post # 8
    Hostess
    11469 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

Due Date: 8/14/14

Favorite thing about pregnancy so far: Just the idea that there is a little one inside me. I get overwhelmed at times thinking about it.

Least favorite thing about pregnancy so far: Fatigue and not being able to keep up with my normal activities like exercise etc.

Most excited for: Finding out the sex. Go team pink!

Most nervous about: Genetics testing. We have our first blood test this Friday and our NT U/S on 2/5. I just keep hoping and praying that this little one is healthy and perfect.

Finding out or Team Green: Finding out, I am not one for surprises.

Funniest/biggest/most unusual craving: I alas do not have any wonderful calorie filled cravings like the rest of you (booo!). My biggest craving is citrus and pineapple all the time.

Possible names: I never share, had a terrible experience with SIL…been there, done that.

Just for fun, what was, or will be, your first purchase for baby? I’m guessing clothing of some sort. I have already been tempted to buy a onesie or two that caught my eye.

@BellaDee:  Honestly I always thought I would try to avoid having a summer baby but things happen when they do. At least this way we get to do our maternity photos during our annual summer trip to Yosemite (already in the process of booking a photographer). So there are pluses! Besides this way we get to cover our ginormous selves in cute maxi dresses.

Post # 10
    4440 posts
    Honey bee

@Treejewel19:  How high is yosemite? I heard in later months you should avoid high elevations? Not to be a negative nancy..it’s just something I’ve always read, and was even in my pamphlet from the OB. 

Post # 11
    1106 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

Due Date: August 31st

Favorite thing about pregnancy so far: Seeing and hearing the heartbeat & DH getting so visibly excited after the fact.

Least favorite thing about pregnancy so far: the mood swings & exhaustion

Most excited for: DH and I to be parents, our siblings to be first time Aunts/Uncles & our parents to be first time grandparents

Most nervous about: Making it safely to Tri #2

Finding out or Team Green: Finding out, definitely. I want to have the nursery designed & planned and a name locked down!

Funniest/biggest/most unusual craving: McDonalds McChickens. ALL.THE.TIME.

Possible names: not sure yet, just got the “confirmation” with the first appointment, so now I feel like we can think a bit more about it!

Just for fun, what was, or will be, your first purchase for baby? Technically we purchased bibs for the baby. We told the grand parents a couple of days after Christmas by wrapping up a bib that says “Grandma’s Kisses are my Favorite”– so thats TECHNICALLY the first purchase. Costco has awesome gliders right now, so I may indulge and get that ahead of schedule before they’re sold out =)

Post # 12
    Hostess
    11469 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

@BellaDee:  The valley floor is 4,000 ft about sea level. The high country (Tuolomne) is around 8,000 to 9,000 ft but we won’t be staying up there.

Since I’m pretty sure women in Colorado have babies on a regular occurence I am not going to worry about it. 😛

Post # 13
    4440 posts
    Honey bee

@Treejewel19:  Oh ok!  No it’s not the elevation itself…people who live in high elevation are acclimated…pregnant woman who live in colorado already have more red blood to make up for the lack of pressure.  It’s different when you’re a visitor to an area with high elevation, especially pregnant.

Just offering some advice, that’s good you won’t be up too high 🙂 

Post # 14
    Hostess
    11469 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

@BellaDee:  Ha ha I know, I was just kidding around. 🙂

I don’t usually get elevation sickness or issues and we visit Yosemite (high country and valley) twice a year so I’m pretty sure I will be okay. I am sticking to the valley in June to avoid any potential issues. Thanks though for the reminder!

Post # 16
    89 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

@Treejewel19:  I dont mind sharing names with friends, but we will not be sharing with family or if we do they’ll be stupid names that we’re not going to pick. We told my inlaws on Christmas and by dinner the entire family knew so I had to sit there for 5+ hours listening to them come up with names and rules for what we could name our kid. Then they decided on a girls name for us. I was like, oh hell no! After that I told my husband were not disclosing any serious contenders to family. It really pissed me off because I was only 7 weeks at the time and I wanted to enjoy Christmas and there I was trapped in a conversation that didn’t even make sense to talk about at that point. Ugh. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors