August 2014 Mommas – Part 5!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What kind of maternity leave do you get?
    PAID! : (15 votes)
    31 %
    UNPAID! : (11 votes)
    22 %
    0-4 Weeks : (0 votes)
    4-6 Weeks : (5 votes)
    10 %
    6-8 Weeks : (6 votes)
    12 %
    8-12 Weeks : (4 votes)
    8 %
    12-16 Weeks : (4 votes)
    8 %
    16-20 Weeks : (3 votes)
    6 %
    20-30 Weeks : (1 votes)
    2 %
  • Post # 4
    3119 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

Thanks for doing this one!

Due date: August 22

How far along are you? 11 + 3

What do you do for work? I’m an Account Executive for an insurance company.

What are you most excited to share with your child after he/she is born? Ooo, so many things! Books, music, sports…

What kind of maternity leave do you get/are you taking? We get one full week of paid maternity leave, and 6 or 8 weeks (depending on type of birth) of disability at 85% pay, the remainder is sick or vacation time. I’ll be taking 12 weeks. 

What is the best thing that has happened to you this week? (I make me therapy kids do this and they hate it!) Hm, had a great birthday lunch with  my sisters yesterday. And today it snowed so I snuggled in at home and worked from my couch. 

Post # 5
    Hostess
    11469 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

Due date: August 8

How far along are you? 13W,3D

What do you do for work? Account Executive

What are you most excited to share with your child after he/she is born?
    Okay don’t laugh but I am PRAYING for a little girl that I can share my passion of volleyball with her. Yeah boys play volleyball too but I am a girls volleyball coach, played since I was 7 years old and I love the sport. I would love to have a little player. If she hates sports or inherits her father’s inability to be athletic I’ll be bummed but there are always other things to share!

What kind of maternity leave do you get/are you taking? No idea and I don’t dare ask yet. I am putting off telling my work as long as possible. I work in a very small office (10 people) so I think my benefits are fairly limited.

What is the best thing that has happened to you this week? (I make me therapy kids do this and they hate it!)
    We told the world about the baby and it was amazing. DH got up in front of his co-workers at the dinner to accept one of his two awards. He said the most amazing thing (I wish I had filmed it). He was talking about how money isn’t enough to motivate someone to succeed, they need more. That this job has motivated him to create the life he always dreamed of and he met his beautiful wife (hey that’s me!) and how he has started down an amazing road of happiness. Then he said in late November I had to sit down and really think about what motivates me, what drives me to succeed and change my priorities entirely. You have all heard that rhyme, first comes love and I found mine she is sitting right over there, then comes marriage and what a wedding and marriage it has been….and I’m sure you all know what comes next. The whole room gasped and a few ladies said “oh my goodness.” He then said in early August you are going to see a whole new motivation from me and we are so excited to say that soon comes the baby in the baby carriage. The whole room screamed it was overwhelming to say the least. Some ladies that he is close to were crying. It was amazing.

We announced it on FB at the same time and had so many amazing messsages of support etc. Sadly (I am crushed) FB somehow deleted my post without me instigating it and it is no where to be found. I am really sad, I had wanted to keep it. 🙁

Post # 6
    1773 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

Due date: August 6th!

How far along are you? 13w, 5d

What do you do for work? I’m an Underwriter for an Insurance Broker firm

What are you most excited to share with your child after he/she is born? I can’t wait to share holidays, birthdays, vacations, outdoor activities & lots of family time with my child!

What kind of maternity leave do you get/are you taking? I’ll most likely be taking 14 weeks all together for maternity leave. I can take 12 weeks of maternity leave at 66% pay. I also currently have 3 more weeks of PTO for the year. DH and I are going to Key West, FL in April for a babymooon, so I’ll still have two weeks left after that I’ll prob add onto my maternity leave.

What is the best thing that has happened to you this week? (I make me therapy kids do this and they hate it!) Went to an awesome superbowl party with that 40+ people at my friends’ house. It was great food, great people, great game! I’m glad I felt well enough to go!

Post # 7
    1773 posts
    Buzzing bee

@Treejewel19:  I was a volleyball player too! I traveled all over the country in high school playing 🙂 I played a little in college too.

@kate02121:  yay insurance! What side of insurance do you work in? I write homeowners policies

Post # 8
    75 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

Due date: Aug 27!

How far along are you? 10+6

What do you do for work? I’m a nurse

What are you most excited to share with your child after he/she is born? snuggles, kisses, tickles, smiles…basically i am excited to love my little one 🙂

What kind of maternity leave do you get/are you taking? I get one year as I live in Canada

What is the best thing that has happened to you this week? My cloth diapers arrived! They are seriously so cute and so soft. I played with them for a long time haha

Post # 9
    75 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

@Treejewel19:  that is devastating about your FB announcement! I had that happen with my engagement announcement. I had such sweet comments from people that I wanted to “save”…and then somehow it was deleted 🙁

Btw, I can’t remember who it was that recommended the Target apple juice…but THANK YOU. Ever since I read that post I have been absolutely craving apple juice. Can’t stop thinking about it. I made my hubby take me to Target last night and help me search for “the store brand juice with both the red and green apples on it”. SO TASTY. I like how it’s not as sweet as most juice. Happy pregnant lady over here!

Post # 10
    381 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

ROLL CALL!

Due date: August 28

How far along are you? 10 weeks

What do you do for work?  content producer for educational website

What are you most excited to share with your child after he/she is born? the love of reading, endurance sports, the amazing mountains of washington and idaho, so many things!

What kind of maternity leave do you get/are you taking? I don’t get maternity leave since I’m a contractor/ self-employed. It also means I get to make my own hours, so on the bright side I’ve been pretty lucky in the first trimester to be able to work half days and nap when I need to. It’s a little stressful to figure out what we’re going to do about my employment after the baby comes since I love my job. I’m sure they’ll have me back when I’m ready to come back, but nothing is guaranteed when you’re a contractor. 

What is the best thing that has happened to you this week? (I make me therapy kids do this and they hate it!)

Had a lazy weekend with the husband, he was out of the  country for three weeks and then as soon as he came back we went on a big weekend ski trip, so it’s been awhile since we spent time at home, it was glorious to nap together on our couch.

@Treejewel19 That is the sweetest way to announce!! I’m sorry about your fb missing post, hopefully it will somehow reappear!  

Post # 11
    6067 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: January 2012

Thanks emelee for taking care of Part 5! 🙂

Due date August 29th

How far along are you?  10w4d

What do you do for work?  Managing Director of Theatre Company & Documentary Filmmaker

What are you most excited to share with your child after he/she is born? Love, music, joy, travel! Don’t know where to start…

What kind of maternity leave do you get/are you taking?  I get 2 months before birth, and 3 months after birth full pay. Then for 5 months after that, I’ll get a reduced amount. After I return to work, I’ll be working from home. My boss says I may need to come into the office once or twice a week, but most of the time I can be home.

What is the best thing that has happened to you this week? (I make me therapy kids do this and they hate it!)  Seeing my baby’s strong heartbeat and body moving around yesterday while holding DH’s hand.

Post # 12
    29 posts
    Newbee

Due date: 16/08/14

How far along are you? 12w 4d (going off two ultrasounds, which puts my due date as the 15th, but we are sticking to the 16th at the moment, doesn’t make too much difference lol!)

What do you do for work? I am a nanny at the moment, working for two different familys. Only started Nanny mid last year after 6+ years in office work.

What are you most excited to share with your child after he/she is born? My love of Sifi. I am a big Trekkie, as well as a general sifi fan so I can’t wait to introduce him/her to that world :-p

What kind of maternity leave do you get/are you taking? I will have to leave both positions I have at the moment about a month before I am due. However the government at the moment has a paid perental leave scheme which means I get minimum wage for 18 weeks. I will handle finding a new job when the time comes.

What is the best thing that has happened to you this week? (I make me therapy kids do this and they hate it!) My NT 12 week ultrasound on Monday! Baby was measuring perfectly and the blood test/neck fluid measurement results came back brilliantly! 

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/august-2014-mommas-part-5#ixzz2sKqfJUQ7

Post # 13
    3378 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

ROLL CALL!

Due date:   August 4!

How far along are you?  14w1d  🙂  YAY 2nd tri!

What do you do for work?  I work in retail (WalMart)

What are you most excited to share with your child after he/she is born?  EVERYTHING!!!  

What kind of maternity leave do you get/are you taking?  It’s unpaid, but the plan atm is for me to take a year off (maybe more) to breastfeed.  🙂

What is the best thing that has happened to you this week? (I make me therapy kids do this and they hate it!)  Feeling my little girl move and having DH actually starting to feel a tiny bit of movement as well!!!  2nd best is that I’ll get to see my little girl again on Friday at the NT scan!!

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/august-2014-mommas-part-5#ixzz2sLDPcmJl

Post # 14
    3119 posts
    Sugar bee

@Treejewel19:  @Chelwilly:  Love that we have so many athletes in August! Here’s hoping that it makes birth / recovery easier. Both my husband and I played sports at a pretty high level, and we’ve always gotten comments about our future kids being athletes / scholarships, and all that crap. We’re just going to have to do a good job of not putting that kind of pressure on our children and making sure they (and we) love whatever they do, sports or not. 

@jasn:  It was @Treejewel19:  who recommended it! It’s given many of us great pleasure haha. 

@dodgercpkl:  I can’t believe you’re feeling the baby move so soon! That’s awesome 🙂

Post # 15
    6067 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: January 2012

@jasn:  I’m so jealous. All I want to drink is apple & cranberry juice, but DH gives me a hard time. My doctor lectured me about sugars and salt and carbs since I’m at a higher risk for gestational diabetes.

@dodgercpkl:  I didn’t know it was possible to feel the baby kick at 14 weeks! I hope it happens for all of us that soon. 🙂

Does it make you feel even more connected to the baby?

Post # 16
    3119 posts
    Sugar bee

@Chelwilly:  It’s not often that people say “yay insurance!” haha but I feel the same way. I’m in professional liability. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors