August 2014 Mommas – Part 6!!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What have you purhased so far for baby?
    Crib / Bassinet : (7 votes)
    12 %
    Stroller / Carseat : (5 votes)
    9 %
    Clothing : (11 votes)
    19 %
    Toys / Stuffed animals : (5 votes)
    9 %
    Blankets and other cozy wraps : (4 votes)
    7 %
    Nursery Decor Items : (5 votes)
    9 %
    Essentials - diapers, creams etc : (4 votes)
    7 %
    Other : (2 votes)
    4 %
    Nothing Yet! : (14 votes)
    25 %
  • Post # 5
    1805 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you? 14w3d

Planning to find out the gender?  hells yes! We find out in 4 days!

Latest cravings?  salads and seafood

What changes have you notice in second tri so far (mood, body, etc)?  my bump is definitely growing and causing some rl pain, but the nausea subsiding has put me in a wonderful mood and given me some of my energy back!

What are your nursery decor ideas? it all depends on gender but for now we are thinking if a fantastic mr fox theme.

(Carried over from part 5) – What is the best thing that has happened to you this week? I rekindled my love affair with homemade bread!

Post # 6
    3119 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

@Pink Asawa:  Thanks for doing this one! And o boy your nursery ideas are absolutely fantastic…exactly what I’m going for too! Seriously obsessed. 

How far along are you? 14 weeks yesterday. 

Planning to find out the gender? Nope! And I don’t regret it and I’m really excited for it to be a surprise, but I’m realizing that there are so many benefits to finding out in advance. 

Latest cravings? Toaster strudel…the frozen Pillsbury kind you put in the toaster and then put icing on the top when it’s done. I had a raspberry one yesterday and it was simply amazing. 

What changes have you notice in second tri so far (mood, body, etc)? I’m pretty new into the second trimester, but I think I’m getting less tired, and my belly is definitely growing (but not hardening yet). I feel a lot more confident about the pregnancy too, which is my favorite change! 

What are your nursery decor ideas? Ummmm. Can I just say yours from above haha? Or is that a total copout? We have yellow walls so we’ll keep them, but will do gray and probably white furniture (but maybe dark wood…undecided). Definitely animals.  

(Carried over from part 5) – What is the best thing that has happened to you this week? I had my first second trimester appointment, and heart the heartbeat for the first time! We met with the NP in our practice and I really love everyone there so far. Also, I only gained 2 lbs in the first trimester when I was expecting closer to 5-8!!

Post # 8
    1773 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you? 16w,3d

Planning to find out the gender? YES!!! I find out March 19th can’t wait!! DH and I don’t have a preference if the baby is team blue or team pink 🙂

Latest cravings? chicken tenders, spaghetti, apple juice, cheese, chocolate milk, potatoes

What changes have you notice in second tri so far (mood, body, etc)? Bigger belly 🙂 haha! here is my 16w pic below…. also noticing my symptoms are better. I’m one of the unlucky few that are still dealing with nausea and morning sickness, but it’s slowly but surely fading away!

What are your nursery decor ideas? Oh I go back and forth all of the time…. I haven’t made a decision yet! We have all of the furniture picked out, but as for decorations, we’ll probably wait until we know the gender to make an official decision. Here are some ideas from my pinterest.. but this could drastically change!!

What is the best thing that has happened to you this week?

Felt baby kick.. 🙂 and had a great blood pressure reading at the OB (was a little high at the prior appt)

Post # 9
    3119 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

@Chelwilly:  Awwwwwww to baby kicks! Tell us what it felt like! I can’t wait for that. Also, if your craving only read “string cheese” instead of just “cheese” I would say you should be ordering from the kids menu haha. I love your cravings so much, it’s like reverting to the comfort food and snacks we had when we were children. 

Post # 11
    6067 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: January 2012

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you? 13w1d

Planning to find out the gender? We kinda already did! 85% it’s a girl!

Latest cravings? Indian food (although it doesn’t agree with me-lol), oranges, milk, broccoli

What changes have you notice in second tri so far (mood, body, etc)? I’m still tired but the fatigue is definitely not as intense as it was last week. My small bump is less squishy and is pretty firm! I’m also less terrified, now that I’m out of the first trimester.

What are your nursery decor ideas? I have it all planned out already. White furniture, deep beige walls, & pink and silver decor. I want it serene and elegant. I am going to get carved wooden monogram initials in pale pink, a felt pink and white elephant mobile, silver silk screen animal prints on pink paper in frames…oh I could go on and on…I better stop now. 🙂

(Carried over from part 5) – What is the best thing that has happened to you this week? Seeing the baby at the NT scan, and also witnessing my extended family’s great excitement about the baby!

Post # 12
    6067 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: January 2012

@Pink Asawa:  Thanks for starting the new thread! It’ll probably take us 3 days to get to 500 posts! lol

@Chelwilly:  I know I keep saying this but I’m so jealous of your bump! I still look pudgy.

@kate02121:  Kate, what do you mean you’re considering dark wood furniture? You were one of the people that convinced me to go with white! Don’t make me second guess my choice. 🙂

Post # 13
    3718 posts
    Sugar bee

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you? 16w 4d

Planning to find out the gender? nope 🙁 DH is adamantly team green and won’t binge. I’d find out but he won that battle.  

Latest cravings? don’t know if it’s cravings really, but frozen chocolate (ice cream, frosty from Wendy’s, etc). Still eating a ton of fruit and veggies. 

What changes have you notice in second tri so far (mood, body, etc)? 
    finding it harder to bend and lean over things – I stop sooner than I used to 🙂  nausea and MS seem to have gone away and I’m hoping it stays that way. certainly feeling more confident about things and worrying less if everything is ok. 

What are your nursery decor ideas? the furniture we bought is below, and that’s the color we got. I think walls will be a light/medium grey. I’m a Shakespeare geek so I will put a wall decal that says “to sleep, perchance to dream” over the crib. I think the rest will be realistic moon and stars decor (not the cartoon kind). 

(Carried over from part 5) – What is the best thing that has happened to you this week? 
    this week was REALLY crappy at work (I’m a teacher. Crazy parents!!!! Are making me nuts) so I was really stressed out. Plus DH was gone all week for work. But I did get to see the baby on Wednesday and all is well so that is good. And DH is home now so that makes things better too 🙂

Post # 14
    545 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you? 15 + 3

Planning to find out the gender? No! So excited about the surprise!

Latest cravings? Banana bread, cake, salt & vinegar chips (this is constant), Mexican (also constant!)

What changes have you notice in second tri so far (mood, body, etc)? SUPER emotional. Highs and lows that don’t make any sense. This is basically me within the span of a few minutes. 

What are your nursery decor ideas? Inspired by our backyard pear tree and veggie garden. I found these business cards to use as further inspiration about colors.

Also loving the Stokki Sleepi crib because it converts from bassinet, to crib, to toddler bed, to big kid bed.

(Carried over from part 5) – What is the best thing that has happened to you this week? DH and I went to the movies for the first time in ages. We saw Her and loved it. Then we got lunch at a great Neopolitan pizza place. We talked about our trip to Italia a few years ago about how it would be a pretty baby-friendly place to visit again.

Post # 15
    29 posts
    Newbee

How far along are you? 15 weeks 2 days

Planning to find out the gender? Oh yes, I have an appointment on Tuesday with my OB who has an ultrasound machine in his rooms. I am secretly hoping he will be able to tell me then 🙂 otherwise we will find out at 19 weeks.

Latest cravings? Still no real cravings, just aversions to meat, cherrios and cheese. I still like cheese, it just gives me major heartburn!

What changes have you notice in second tri so far (mood, body, etc)? My stomach below my belly button feel harder and looks a little rounder. but I don’t have a cute bump, more of a B shape, i just look chubby lol!

What are your nursery decor ideas? We weren’t really  going to do a theme, but so far we seem to have a lot of elephant orientated things. I have a soft spot for elephants after I did a few months volunteer work in Srilanka at an elephant orphanage. So maybe we will do an elephant theme?

(Carried over from part 5) – What is the best thing that has happened to you this week? I just had two lovely nights all by myself, where I could go to bed as early as i want, and eat hot cross buns for dinner :-p Hubby is down at his parents place for the weekend, so I have been having some brilliant “me” time!

Post # 16
    1773 posts
    Buzzing bee

@kate02121:  haha yes!! It feels like a series of flutters! I actually felt it while at the doctors office and he placed the doppler on my belly to see if he could hear kicks and he confirmed that’s what I was feeling!

I’ve also literally been ordering off of kids menus everywhere we eat haha. My newest craving that I’ve had all day today is choclate milk, making me feel even more like a little kid!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors