August 2014 Mommas – Part 7!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
1805 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you?  I’m 16+6!

When and where are you planning to register? We registered at babies r us and it’s already up and running.

What is your current exercise routine?  A mix of body pump, walking, elliptical (when my back is killing me), and trying to get back into running now that I’m feeling a bit better.

What is the best thing that has happened to you this week?  I got to hold my sweet nephew for the first time!!!

Tell us something about you that we havent learned yet!  I’ve been baby crazy for as long as I can remember, but now that it’s actually happening I’m kind of freaking out!

Post # 3
3119 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Yay! Thanks for starting!

How far along are you?  I’m 16+4!

When and where are you planning to register? Not sure yet, but one on-line (Babyli.st or Amazon) and one in-store (Target or BRU).

What is your current exercise routine? Spinning or running a couple of times a week, elliptial other days, and body works or self-lift about twice a week. I’m definitely a little slower and don’t have the same endurance, but still feel good to do it.  <br />

What is the best thing that has happened to you this week?  Scheduled my anatomy scan for April 7 woohoo! 

Tell us something about you that we havent learned yet!  These questions always make me nervous. Ahhhhh. I’m one of three girls and my husband is one of three boys? My favorite book is A Wrinkle in Time? I’m so boring. 

Post # 4
3806 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

How far along are you? 18 weeks 3 days! (Are we there yet? Are we there yet?)<br />

When and where are you planning to register? Babies R Us and Target (I think)<br />

What is your current exercise routine? Walking. I just ordered some yoga pants today. Hoping to start pre-natal yoga soon!<br />

What is the best thing that has happened to you this week? Well on THURSDAY we find out the gender of the baby! 🙂<br />

Tell us something about you that we haven’t learned yet! I keep having bad dreams and pregnancy symptoms. Last night I dramt that I was rushing to get dressed for work and my shoes wouldn’t fit because my feet were too swollen. The night before, I dreamt that I was still pregnant but got bigger and bigger and started to literally roll down the street. 🙁 I’m in a crappy mental state this week.<br />

Post # 6
3806 posts
Honey bee

Oh darn! I forgot to add this for my “new thing”. I am knitting something for the baby!

My husband took me to a knitting class a couple of weeks ago as a (late) valentine’s day gift. The weather kept pushing it off. He took me to a knitting class so we could learn how to make something for the baby.

On some days it’s a blanket and then other days it’s a burp cloth. lol It depends on how ambitious I’m feeling. I will keep knitting until I run out of yarn. Please ignore the holes. It’s a learning process.

Post # 7
Hostess
11469 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

How far along are you? 18 weeks, 4 days.<br />

When and where are you planning to register? Probably Babies R’ Us and Pottery Barn. Maybe Target if we decide overlook the debacle that occured with our wedding registry (I mean it is handy to have).<br />

What is your current exercise routine? Monday and Wednesday Crossfit. Friday either Crossfit Bootcamp or volleyball (3 hours). Sunday volleyball (3 hours). I have found that I need a day to recover now versus doing them back to back like I did pre-pregnancy.<br />

What is the best thing that has happened to you this week? Finalized our reservations for our family trip to Disneyland next month. There are nine of us going including our nephews and we are so excited! I am also going to fit in a couple days with my family as well. I can’t wait.<br />

Tell us something about you that we havent learned yet! Ummm..hmm. Well I am a classically trained singer, but that is boring. How about the one thing I look forward to the most when my son is born is taking him camping in Yosemite. We are planning to buy a trailer within the next year before the summer of 2015 so that we can join our family on their annual trip. I was toted around by my grandfather and have so many amazing photos and memories from when I was a child. I can’t wait to start that tradition with my son.<br />

Pink Asawa:  Thanks hun for taking on another one!

TaurianDoll:  OMG what a nightmare! Not being able to fit into your shoes?!?! Please no! In all seriousness this is a huge fear. I have heard that sometimes women after having a baby change shoe size. I am pretty sure my expensive shoe collection would not be happy with me (nor would my husband) if this is the case.

kate02121:  There is nothing boring about a person who likes A Wrinkle in Time!

Post # 8
Hostess
11469 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

kate02121:  Pink Asawa:  TaurianDoll:  Ladies who are registering or thinking about registering at Babies R’ Us if you register by March 31st  you get a gift card back for a partial value of the items purchased.

Now extended through Mar. 31, you can get up to $200 for purchases made from your registry. Simply create your Baby Registry Sept. 16 through Mar. 31! Then you’ll get a Promotional Gift Card e-mailed to you approximately 10 weeks after your baby’s expected arrival date, valued at 10% (up to $200) of the items purchased from your registry.*

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=21943286&ab=Bru_homepage_aspot:4:The-Sweetest-Registry-Deal-Ever-W’ defer=’defer

Post # 10
3119 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Treejewel19:  OO, thanks for the PSA! I’m going to start one even if I don’t use it. 

TaurianDoll:  Those are bad dreams…ugh. Your knitting is adorable!

Pink Asawa:  I’ve always thought being a lefty is such an advantage…at least in sports. 

Post # 12
408 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

How far along are you? 18w3d

When and where are you planning to register? I’m guessing probably just Target and maybe Babies R Us. I have a wish list started on Target.com but I think we’ll finalize registries by May.

What is your current exercise routine? Wow… I feel lazy. I have done the elliptical exactly ONE time for 15 minutes. I’ve been too busy with the move and school work to set up a routine. When it gets warmer out I plan on walking.

What is the best thing that happened to you this week? I’d say the best thing was getting back to bowling. It’s been cancelled the last 2 months because of a water main break in late December. I even bowled over my average one of the three games which is an accomplishment since it was my first time bowling with a “bump”.

Something you don’t already know about me. My spot in our family is a little unique. I’m both the youngest AND middle child, but I’m not an only child. My parents have only been married to each other (33 yrs now), and did not have any children before they were married… Confused? 🙂 I have an older brother and an older sister who are my biological siblings. I also have a younger brother and a younger sister who are adopted.

Post # 14
29 posts
Newbee

How far along are you?almost 18 weeks

When and where are you planning to register? I’m not, I don’t plan on having a baby shower. I don’t think registering is as big a thing in Australia, I wouldn’t even know where to go lol!

What is your current exercise routine? I generaly go for a walk 5 days out of 7. Plus the usual house hold cleaning. Hubby works alot more hours then me, so I handle all the housework.

What is the best thing that has happened to you this week? I got over a severe case of vertigo  *Huzzar* . . . this was closely followed a few days later by the worst thing to happen this week, my Vertigo came back.

Tell us something about you that we havent learned yet! Ummm I visited over 20 countries before I turned 25, and I have a visa in my passport for a country I have never been to (got the visa before I went on my trip. Plans changed while I was away and I never got to that country)

Post # 15
1773 posts
Buzzing bee

How far along are you? 19 weeks tomorrow! (Which means a week from tomorrow I’ll be 20 weeks, haflway done!! and I’ll know baby’s gender, YAY!)

<br /> When and where are you planning to register? We already registered at Babies ‘R’ Us & Target!

What is your current exercise routine? I go to the gym every night for cardio and light weights and go to yoga on Thursdays. Sometimes I go on walks around the neighborhood lake/ park.

What is the best thing that has happened to you this week? I started getting back in the gym! I also learned that my blood pressure is totally normal, and I don’t have to take any meds like my doctor originally thought! phew 🙂

Tell us something about you that we havent learned yet!  There’s so much I could say.. I absolutely LOVE traveling, beaches, adventure, and staying active. I graduated from Virginia Tech (yes THAT Virginia Tech, and I am so proud). I’m an insurance broker, a military spouse, the youngest of 3 children and the first to be married & preggo. I also love fashion and shop way too much! I have a dog named Rosie who I am obsessed with. Here she is 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors