August 2014 Mommas – Part 8!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
3119 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Thanks for starting this!!

How far along are you? 22+3. It feels good to have to think about it versus knowing pretty much to the day how pregnant I am as I have been through most of this!  

What’s your biggest complaint about pregnancy right now? I’m feeling pretty lucky so far but am more than happy to complain about: lower back pain which seems worse when I move my left leg (talking to doc about it tomorrow), acid reflux starting at night and lasting through the night, and the fact that it’s getting really hard to run with the extra weight, odd balance, and need to pee even when there’s nothing in there all the time. 

What baby related things are you currently working on? Painted the baby’s room, doing some decorating types of things in there, and re-organizing the house to make room for all the things our tiny little one will require. O and working on our registry. 

What is your general birth plan, if you’ve thought about it? I go back and forth, but these days it’s to go in with a plan to be as natural as possible but open to changes. Epidural is not out of the question if I feel like I need it, but I’d definitely like to wait as long as possible before doing so. 

What is your plan for visitors after birth? (I’ve been thinking a lot about this myself lately!) So this is a great one. We’ll probably drop our dog off at my in-laws’ house (close to the hospital) when we go into labor, so there will be no “hiding” the fact that we’re at the hospital delivering from them. But I’d like to wait until after the baby is born to let family know it’s ok to come meet the baby. That way we’ll have some time with the baby to ourselves before the masses come visiting. I’m going to look to my husband and the nurses to make sure to clear everyone out if I get overwhelmed. 

And, as always, what is the best thing that happened to you this week? Big job change went into effect late last week so I’ve stressed getting used to the changes, but it’s a good stress! And lots of colleagues have been really happy for me and very congratulatory so that feels good and helps build my confidence. 

Post # 4
1773 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

How far along are you? 24 weeks, 5 days!

What’s your biggest complaint about pregnancy right now? I have a lot of digestive issues- nausea, vomitting, constipation, heatburn, indegestion– all of which are much better than the first trimester, but still lingering :/ yuck! I’m also not doing a great job of adjsuting to my new huge body- but for my baby girl, this is ALL worth it!

What baby related things are you currently working on? We are moving in 3 weeks and we can fianlly put our nursery together! I’ve just been buying a bunch of nursery furniture and decor and getting ready. We also booked our maternity photo shoot and ordered bridal shower invites this past weekend, yay!

What is your general birth plan, if you’ve thought about it?  So far all I know is I want just my husband in the room during the actual birth — My parents will be in the room before and after. I’m a huge chicken, so there’s no way I can go natural, I’m all about the epidural. Hoping for a vaginal birth, but if something happens where it would benefit the baby and/or me, I’ll go for a c-seciton without putting up a fight. I trust my doctor with whatever plans he has! Probably using the exercise ball and possibly even a warm bath to deal with labor pains (our maternity suite comes with both), but we’ll see! I’m looking forward to our 10 hr birthing class at the end of May so I can find out a little more info..

What is your plan for visitors after birth? We have a lot of friends and family that want to come visit the baby shortly after birth– Our hospital does “koala hour?” I think it’s called? I forgot the name of it, haha, Where mommy, daddy, and baby are completely alone and not bothered for an hour after birth. We are taking advantage of this! After that, I don’t mind everyone coming in to see her 🙂

And, as always, what is the best thing that happened to you this week? DH feeling BIG kicks this past weekend while cuddling in bed. It is such a wonderful feeling 🙂

Post # 5
1773 posts
Buzzing bee

Thank you for starting this thread!! I have my 28 week THIRD tri monthly on May 12th!!

Had a great monthtly appt last week- took the glucose test; BP was good, weight was great, and everything’s going well!

Post # 6
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2013

How far along are you? 21 and 6!!

What’s your biggest complaint about pregnancy right now? Leg cramps in the night for sure!!! & Baby B has found mums bladder and kicks it constantly.

What baby related things are you currently working on? At the moment we are working on the nursery – putting a built in into the babies room since its was only painted yellow last year 🙂

What is your general birth plan, if you’ve thought about it? As long as hubby is there I dont really care. The hospital where I am going to give birth doesnt do epidurals so as drug free as possible.

What is your plan for visitors after birth? Our hospital has strict visiting hours and we can stay as long as we want in our self contained room 🙂 but our immediate family will most likely be eagerly waiting for the first grandbaby!

And, as always, what is the best thing that happened to  you this week? Hubby felt bub kick over easter 🙂 it was great to see him so excited.

Post # 7
6067 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

emelee:  Thanks for starting the new thread! 🙂

How far along are you? 22 weeks today!<br />

What’s your biggest complaint about pregnancy right now? <br />That I get tired/winded more easily than I used to- DH used to call me the Tazmanian Devil…not anymore!

What baby related things are you currently working on? <br />I’ve been buying what I need for the decor of the nursery, we are doing dry wall & painting the room next month, and I continue to revise my registry. Also I’m working on a pregnancy scrapbook.

What is your general birth plan, if you’ve thought about it? <br />I am going for a natural birth if possible and am only open to induction and/or C section in the case of an emergency. If I get an epidural, I would prefer that it not be administered until 8 or 9 cm dialated. But I am also open to taking it as it comes in the moment…

What is your plan for visitors after birth? We will definitely see parents/siblings soon after, and often! My husband will handle the rest of the visitors- If I’m up to it, he’ll let them in…if I’m not, he won’t! Or he’ll ask them to leave politely if they stay too long…

And, as always, what is the best thing that happened to you this week? <br />I loved spending time with my nephew on Easter- he is 11 months old and it made me feel so joyous to know I’ll have my own baby in my arms to play with soon enough…I keep thinking, if I am this happy with my nephew, I’ll probably implode once I hold my own child…lol.

<div style=”overflow: hidden; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;”><br /><br /></div>

Post # 8
408 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

How far along are you? 24 weeks 3 days

What is your biggest complaint about pregnancy right now? I’m lucky to only have petty complaints. Baby kicks a lot at night, and turning over in my sleep is a pain because if I move too fast it hurts.

What baby things are you currently working on? I’m finishing a painting for the nursery. After that we just need to paint the dressers and crib and everything will be DONE! I can’t wait to see it all come together.

What is your general birth plan, if you’ve thought about it? Our general plan is to go into it with a whatever happens happens attitude. The only thing I know is I want an epidural. I’m not the best with pain. Other than that I trust the staff will do what’s best for the baby and I.

What is your plan for visitors after birth? The plan is to only let our parents come visit. I have been vocal about this from the beginning. It’s going to be chaotic enough adapting to a new life without the added stress of a million visitors. I don’t handle stressful situations very well. We will be more than happy to welcome visitors to our house for short visits once we are home.

What is the best thing that happened to you this week? It was spring break for me, so I didn’t have a lot of homework. This meant spending more time than usual with DH. We also did some more shopping for the house, and finally have almost everything done and decorated! Of course the baby got spoiled with a few more things for the nursery. I LOVE Hobby Lobby.

Post # 9
1773 posts
Buzzing bee

woops I noticed I said bridal shower invites, I meant BABY shower invites, duh! haha!

Post # 10
1805 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

How far along are you? Today I’m 22+6

What’s your biggest complaint about pregnancy right now? Heartburn/acid reflux! Oh, and after I get up to pee at night the kiddo always gets the hiccups and it takes me forever to fall back asleep.

What baby related things are you currently working on? currently working on getting the house in order and some nursery decor

What is your general birth plan, if you’ve thought about it? we are going to try to go as intervention free as possible, but I’m no hero so we’ll just have to see how it goes!

What is your plan for visitors after birth? There is no way to keep family away, but we are going to have at least an hour after birth to ourselves.

And, as always, what is the best thing that happened to you this week? it’s been a rough start to the week, but I’m really looking forward to celebrating my dad’s birthday this weekend!

Post # 11
28 posts
Newbee

How far along are you? 22 weeks + 5 days.

What’s your biggest complaint about pregnancy right now? Shortness of breath and some cramping which my doctor assured me is normal. Bleh.

What baby related things are you currently working on? We’ll find out the sex today for sure at the anatomy scan so I’m researching nursery ideas like crazy. I’m so excited to be able to pick out the paint so my husband can paint his/her room. :))

What is your general birth plan, if you’ve thought about it? Hoping to go in natural and take the epidural if I really feel I need it, which I’m sure is very likely. 

What is your plan for visitors after birth? (I’ve been thinking a lot about this myself lately!) My husband and mom will be in the room and I have no problem with the rest of my family seeing the baby shortly after. I’m really close to my siblings (I’m the youngest) and this is the first grandchild for my parent-in-laws and father so I’m sure they’ll be excited. 🙂

And, as always, what is the best thing that happened to you this week? So far, it was when my husband felt the baby. But I’m more than excited to see the baby again today! After 8 weeks of growing, I’m sure we’re going to be able to see them in much more detail!

<br /><br />

Post # 13
3119 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

LoLo0113:  I’ve always been so jealous of those of you who have a Hobby Lobby near by. We don’t have them anywhere near us. Michael’s is our best alternative. 

BlissfulBerry0813:  Have fun seeing the baby today!

emelee:  Sorry you’re having a tough week. I agree that I don’t want anyone other than my husband (and medical professionals) in the room with me and also no one in the waiting room. They can come when the baby has arrived. 

Post # 14
3718 posts
Sugar bee

How far along are you? 25 weeks today!

What’s your biggest complaint about pregnancy right now? round ligament painI’ve got a really annoying one that goes from my left hip, right down into my crotch! Not painful per se, but not a pleasant feeling either 🙁<br />

What baby related things are you currently working on? nursery is the main thing. We’ve picked colors (light grey and dark dark purple), but we still haven’t painted. The nursery furniture gets delivered on May 10th, but I’m not sure paint will be done by then. Oh well. <br />

What is your general birth plan, if you’ve thought about it? get baby and me home safely. That’s it. I’m good with drugs. I’m good with a C-section if it’s needed/recommended. As long as baby and I come home safe and sound, I’m happy<br />

What is your plan for visitors after birth? my mom will be at the hospital while I’m in labor, but not IN the delivery room. I’m sure my BIL and SIL who are local will be there shortly afterwards. As long as baby and I are up for it, I’m good with visitors in the hospital and at home. With the caveat that I am also totally comfortable with telling people I’ve had enough and to go home 🙂

And, as always, what is the best thing that happened to you this week? last week was Spring Break for me, so this week so far has been kind of a let down. Within the last 7 days, we explored day care options and pretty much decided on one. I also got to sleep a lot which made me VERY happy. It hasn’t happened yet, but I leave Thursday after school for a girl’s weekend in Ocean City, NJ so I’m really looking forward to that! <br />

<div style=”overflow: hidden; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;”><br /><br /></div>

Post # 15
3806 posts
Honey bee

How far along are you? <br />24 weeks. I’m getting so mixed up with the weeks and month conversions that I told someone I was 6 weeks today. lol I’m 24 weeks or 5 months, 3 weeks or something like that. I’m days away from being 6 months. 

What’s your biggest complaint about pregnancy right now?

When baby is growing, man it hurts! On most days, I feel pretty good. I’ve hit my stride. I know what to do when something doesn’t feel right or look right (e.g. minor ankle swelling = need to drink more water). But when baby is growing, whoa… the cramping or tight tummy and shortness of breath SUCKS. I also hate it when I’m asleep on my side and the weight begins to hurt my hip to the point that it wakes me up. I can’t turn over very easily on a full bladder so turning over usually means a trip to the bathroom first.

What baby related things are you currently working on?

We have a contractor coming in to do some carpentry work in the house (some patching and painting) on Saturday. My uncle will be painting the baby’s room (he’s a professional painter) once the contractor is done. Then we will have new carpet installed. So exciting! We are also starting our Bradley Method CLasses on Sunday!!

What is your general birth plan, if you’ve thought about it?

Unmedicated vaginal birth with no medication for placenta delivery. I’m very focused on learning some sanskrit chants that we say in my pre-natal yoga class to help me ride the wave of the contractions. My only requests at this time is freedom to do what I need to do to ride through the stages of labor.

What is your plan for visitors after birth? (I’ve been thinking a lot about this myself lately!)

That’s a great question! DH and I are SUPER organized so more than likely we will have pre-determined dates that we will set as an “open house” to see baby if people want to stop by.

And, as always, what is the best thing that happened to you this week?

We went bowling with friends and DH and I decided that I shouldn’t bowl. My name was still listed on the scoreboard and he bowled in my place and his for 2.5 games. Apparently I’m really good because I beat everybody without leaving my seat. lol That was pretty awesome. And the baby must have enjoyed mommy’s cheering. She was moving around the entire time. 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors