August 2015 Brides

posted 3 years ago in Logistics
Post # 2
1266 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Me!!!  Been engaged since June 2013. Our wedding is August 8, 2015.

We’ve booked our venue and I bought my dress. We’ll be booking DJ and photographer soon.  I’m the type of person that likes to have everything planned and settled well in advance, so the long engagement is working out well for us. Plus, doing things little by little over a long time makes the planning process much less stressful.  Everyone has had our date free, there’s no pressure to make a quick decision, etc.

If you want to start planning, then start!  I find planning to be super fun!

Post # 3
52 posts
Worker bee

I was engaged in November of 2013! My wedding is also August 8, 2015!! We have booked our venue, photographer, videographer, DJ and I also bought my dress!! I don’t think there is anything wrong with planning early. I was very picky on being able to get the vendors/venue I wanted on my specific date since I was not at all flexible on that so it made more sense for me to start booking/planning ahead of time! Plus less stress when it gets closer 🙂

Post # 4
259 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2015 - Country Club

We are getting married by the church August 21, 2015, which will fall on our 6th wedding anniversary by the court.

We started planning and booking May of 2013. Planning time is very subjective, to some people planning 2+ years in advance may seem too much, but to me it’s just right. Im now working on my DyI shoes and other things without a lot of preassure and I love it that way.

I say, why wait on the fun? Go ahead and plan away bee, time goes fast.. if you do start planning now remember you can always stop and take a brake from it. 

Post # 5
405 posts
Helper bee

Yup.  I have my venue booked and have browsed and gotten ideas for other weddding related things.  I have also gone to two wedding shows.  I have been engaged since last summer, so we are having a longer engagement too.

Post # 6
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: Private Home

We’ve been engaged since January this year, our date is August 15, 2015. I feel like because we are both such big “planners” that the long engagement is perfect and necessary for us!

We’ve already booked our venue, photographer, and wedding coordinater. It’s nice to be able to know we will have most of our costs paid off before the day even happens, which means a more extravagent honeymoon!  I don’t plan on trying on dresses until at least a year out, I don’t want to have too much time in between falling in love with a dress and actually getting to wear it… The hardest part so far has been to not let ourselves get TOO excited and jump the gun on everything about everything, we keep telling ourselves, there will be time to do it all! happy planning!

Post # 7
1964 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2016 - Belmont Manor

I have some date twins in this group! I got in engaged April 19, 2014 and we are getting married 8/8/15!!!

Post # 8
1964 posts
Buzzing bee

Update: My date has actually changed to August 15, 2015! @lilvicklynn we are wedding day twins! 

Post # 9
224 posts
Helper bee

dianaangela621:  August 14, 2015! I’ve been engaged since 2013 — we just booked a venue and I’m actually starting to book my vendors! It really feels “real” now..

Post # 10
53 posts
Worker bee

We’re also August 8, 2015. I love that it’s a double ‘infinity’ symbol.

We have the venue and photographer booked. Those are our two main “splurge” categories. 

I’m looking into flowers and a dress now. I’m not really sure what order I should be looking for different things in though 🙁

Post # 11
1377 posts
Bumble bee

We’re Aug 15 2015 and have everything but the cake, caterer, florist picked out, with most everything also purchased/contracts signed. Engagement pictures were just taken too – now just waiting on a flashdrive in the mail! Ahh!

Post # 12
1964 posts
Buzzing bee

This is is so exciting everyone! When you are guys sending out save the dates? I have my venue, caterer, dress, videographer, and wedding planner. We have a cake tasting this weekend so I hope all goes well and I think I found a photographer, and string duo for the ceremony. Now I just need a DJ and photobooth! We are taking engagement pictures early October and I’m planning to send out save the date magnets in January. 

Post # 13
53 posts
Worker bee

wow @beautyofdreams you are so sorted! I haven’t even begun to think about cakes and still havent found my dress!

Post # 14
60 posts
Worker bee

August 8, 2015 here! So many date twins 🙂 we are purchasing save the dates in the next week or so, and will probably send them out in a couple of months. 

Post # 15
1266 posts
Bumble bee

Popping in for an update! We booked our photographer, DJ, and videographer. We met with an officiant last night, and we’re most likely going to book her this week.  We’re hoping to book our caterer in the next month and our save the dates should be coming to us any day now! Almost everyone is traveling for our wedding and we have several international guests, so we wanted to give them plenty of time to get cheap flights, arrange for vacation days, etc.  

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors