(Closed) August 2015 Mamas – Congratulations on your BFPs!

posted 2 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
1830 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Mollie-Rose:  Hi due date twin!!! Thank you for starting this thread, it feels so surreal to be joining it! I’m sure we will get many more ladies joining us in the next few weeks 🙂

Due date: August 4, 2015 (according to ovulation)

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): 11DPO

How long did you try before your BFP? 6 months

If trying for awhile, what was different this month? Didn’t do anything different, but I ovulated earlier so I’d like to think that it helped.

Is this your first child? YES!!

Any symptoms yet? I feel like I’m having a lot of symptoms already! Breasts are really tender, feeling bloated and crampy, a bit nauseous and increased appetite. 

What are you most excited about? Hearing the heartbeat for the first time and seeing my belly grow<br />

What are you most nervous about? Miscarriage

What will you miss most while pregnant? Sleeping on my stomach and soft serve frozen yogurt in those hot summer months.

Who have you told so far? Just DH. We are annoucing to our families on Christmas day!

Include a picture of your BFP if you want! My pictures on are my cell, I’ll post in a bit. 

Post # 4
1830 posts
Buzzing bee

Post # 6
1446 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

emsy3110:  Yayayyy!!!  Look at those lines!!  Congratulations!!!!  

Post # 8
1664 posts
Bumble bee

emsy3110:  yaaaay! 

Due date: FF says Aug 5th 

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): faint BFP today at 11DPO

How long did you try before your BFP? This was our first try. Ive been doing A LOT to prepare and shorten my cycles and I feel like everything I’ve done has been so worth it!!!

If trying for awhile, what was different this month?

Is this your first child? Yes! 

Any symptoms yet? A tiny bit of nausea but mostly just this fuzzy feeling in my head. Like a constant slight hangover. Fun stuff

What are you most excited about? Having bump to dress up, meeting mine and DHs child and seeing what it looks like (he’s half white half black and I’m white so I’m interested to see the skin tone!) creating a nursery, having my mom come stay with us for a bit aftr baby comes, becoming a family of our own!!! So many exciting things!!!

What are you most nervous about? Chemical or miscarriage by far. 

What will you miss most while pregnant? Sushi!!!! And going in the jacuzzi next month on our mountain trip. Super sad about that actually!

Who have you told so far? DH and one friend who is abou three months along. We will tell close friends this week at thanksgiving since I won’t be drinking and friends/family in December!!

Include a picture of your BFP if you want! Sorry for the large pic, I’m on my ipad and can’t resize!

Post # 10
1830 posts
Buzzing bee

AOriver:  how did you get FF to give you a due date? My account still says AF is going to show up on Tuesday lol. I think it’s confused!

Mollie-Rose:  I’m away on business right now until Tuesday so I’ll call in on Tuesday afternoon to make an appointment with my GP. I don’t think they do blood tests here to confirm so my first appointment will likely be around 8-10 weeks I think. That seems so far away! I also need to figure out how to choose an OBGYN based in the hospital I want to deliver ar. So early but so many things to think about already! I barely slept at all last night!

Post # 11
1830 posts
Buzzing bee

Also is anyone else looking at their BFP a million times a day just because it makes you happy or is it just me haha?

Post # 12
1664 posts
Bumble bee

emsy3110:  if you go into analysis there is a pregnancy button, the due date will show there!

Post # 13
2251 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

so excited! Here we are!!! Finally!

Due date: guessing 8/1 or 8/2 based on LMP

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): I think 14-16, I quit charting halfway through the month cause I was OVER it

How long did you try before your BFP? 6 months

If trying for awhile, what was different this month? Haha nothing went right this month! DH was sick during FW so our timing wasn’t great and I gave up charting becuae I was so done with it all. And…here we are!

Is this your first child? Yes!

Any symptoms yet? Horrible nausea, so tired, cramps, backache sore boobs… All since yesterday (got my BFP  today which was my first test of this cycle), super emotional, cried four times already today. 

What are you most excited about? Celebrating holidays with baby, doing fun family activities together, seeing DH as a daddy, cute baby bump clothes, shopping for clothes and gear, baby shower… finding out gender and my DNiece will be about 15mo when our baby is born! So excited my bro and I will have kiddos close in age!

What are you most nervous about? My mom not being here for all of this, she passed away suddenly May 2013 and I miss her so much. Also worried about miscarriage or health problems for me or baby. I work in peds so I see a lot of scary stuff! Also nervous about work, just interviewed for a dream desk job (rare in nursing!) last week that is with my same company but a different dept…I want it so bad! My current job is very high stress/hard on my body!

What will you miss most while pregnant? 

Booze (hahaha glad I had Bailey’s hot chocolate last night Before I knew), sushi, deli turkey (DH said we can have mini thanksgiving a lot and roast our own, blue cheese and oh man forgot about soft serve!

Who have you told so far? Screamed for DH right after…he told me to FaceTime BFF so i did. hilarious faces from us both, glad I screenshotted that! her six yr old (who calls me aunt! She’s my main girl!) was there too and was like uh what? is it going to live at our house? we also told DBro, my parents (won’t see any of them for thanksgiving) and a couple close friends! We will announce to DH parents/sibs at thanksgiving! 

Include a picture of your BFP if you want! How about three? Lol 

Post # 14
1830 posts
Buzzing bee

AOriver:  oh you need VIP for that. I’ve already made an account and downloaded the app for both what to expect and baby centre. Comparing both right now to see which one I like best!

HeyJude72:  yay you are here 🙂

Post # 15
696 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

emsy3110:  I use both those apps. They differ when it comes to the size of the baby. Also Im expecting is a neat app as well

The topic ‘August 2015 Mamas – Congratulations on your BFPs!’ is closed to new replies.

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors