Post # 1
Hello August bees! My 08.19.2017 wedding is just under 2 months away, and some of you must be closer to almost 1 month away! I can’t believe it’s finally this close! We’ve been engaged since November 2015 so it’s always felt very far away.
What does everyone have left to do? Here’s our to do list:
- Choose someone to be the MC (this is proving to be very difficult for some reason!)
- All of our DIY (signs, guestbook, & place cards)
- Once our RSVPs are all back, then we need to do our seating chart and figure out table numbers
- Set up a final meeting with our officiant to go over the ceremony
- Write vows
- Buy alcohol
- Buy our liquor license and liability insurance
- Finish my dress fittings and his suit fittings
- Organize our late night snack (McDonald’s cheeseburgers!!)
- Get our marriage license
- Finish dance lessons and practice dancing to our first dance song
- Pay all the remaining balances for our vendors
What do you all have left to do?? I’m hoping this thread will be good in case I’m forgetting something! 🙂
Post # 2
sassybeee : Hey August bee! My date is August 12 and I still have tons to do. I’m having my first dress fitting tomorrow! Yay! Waiting to get RSVPS back, starting to collect succulents for decorations and getting my brain wrapped around decorations. I’m a teacher so now that summer has started I finally have time to really dedicate to planning.
It WILL all come together and it will be beautiful!
Finish fittings and choose accessories!!
Finish bridesmaids gifts
I’ll be going in with FI on Monday to choose his suit rental.
Make final choices for rental table cloths, chargers, etc
Work on centerpieces and decorations
Choose special dance songs. Our first dance is chosen but that’s it so far 😳
Select harp ceremony music
Finalize ceremony with officiant and select or write vows
I’m sure there’s way more in there but that’s what’s coming to mind now.
Post # 3
sassybeee : date twins! I can’t believe how quickly it’s approaching! We’re in pretty good shape right now… mostly a lot of smaller details still on our list:
- Collect all response cards and make seating arrangements
- Print all day-of stationery (everything is already designed)
- Finalize ceremony with officiant
- Write vows
- Purchase gifts for wedding party
- Make final choices for rental items (chairs, tablecloths, uplighting)
- Finalize details over phone calls with all vendors and make final payments
- Buy alcohol (Costco run planned two days before wedding)
- Book mani/pedi and waxing appointments
Wow– that’s actually a lot less than I expected haha (I pulled everything from my Gantt chart, but a lot of those were separated into smaller, more detailed tasks on the spreadsheet)
I also have three bridal showers and my bachelorette party still to come in the next two months, so it’ll be a busy time!
Post # 4
Hiya fellow August 2017 bees! Mine is August 5th and I’m trying not to freak out because I still have a lot to do.
-Decide if I’m going to have cake, and if so, choose the bakery, size, flavors etc
-Choose songs for the processional, recessional, and grand intros
-Once RSVPs get back, do a seating chart (ugh)
-Design and make programs
-I have to learn two dances…first dance with fiance (waltz), and father/daughter foxtrot (eek)
-write script for a Korean paebaek ceremony
-figure out bridesmaid gifts
-decide on my hair
-try to lose more weight before next dress fitting (it was tight at the first fitting, ugh)
-work on beauty stuff…eyebrows, skin, etc to look as good as possible
Stay strong ladies! We got this! (Or at least, I hope we do! lol)
Post # 5
Another August 12th bee here! I feel like we have a lot of smaller details on our list too:
-final dress fittings
-working out a “day of” timeline
-bridesmaid gifts and gifts for parents
I’m sure there’s a few more but these are the ones I’m focusing on right now until our RSVPs are finalized.
Post # 6
August 7th here! We’re eloping, so wedding wise I only have to finish up my vows.
We’re doing a celebration dinner that night with our family, so I just have to finalise numbers and then sit and impatiently, nervously, wait!
Post # 7
Sunday, August 6th!! I’m so excited!! I have some small-ish details left but I am happy with the pace of my planning.
We need to:
– finalize our numbers
– do a venue walk through with caterer and coordinator to make floor plan
– finalize wedding timeline
– get marriage license!
– make seating chart
– DIY centerpieces and bouquets
– finalize menu for rehearsal dinner
– make final payments to all vendors
– prepare tips for vendors
– practice walking in my wedding shoes
– possibly add time to my venue rental (?) haven’t decided on that yet
– book the night before hotel
Some little things I just did:
– buy the right foundation for MUA
– make my day before wedding nail appointment
Post # 8
You’re all reminding me of things I need to do – thanks!
Any other August bees out there??
Post # 9
August 19th here and so much to do:
- Choose monogram location for custom aisle runner
- Finalize song selections with DJ, Harpist and videographer
- Receive the rest of RSVPs back (deadline is July 4th), start making calls to those who didn’t RSVP
- Seating chart
- Estimate from calligrapher for lucite seating chart and welcome sign
- Hair trial
- Figure out a tribute for my fiance’s grandmother
- Finish purchasing wedding party gifts (about 1/2 done)
- Choose and purchase gifts for parents and wedding planner
- Find wedding lipstick and give to MUA
- Buy table numbers & head table details (laser cut names & monogrammed napkins – new addition)
- Send vendor details to venue
- Discuss ceremony with Officiant
- Get marriage license – next week!
- Flower mock-up – next week!
- Final dress fitting/pickup – next week!
- Welcome bags
- Finish DIY Menus and Programs – still designing
- Order pens for guest book canvas
- Sew tulle panels for ceremony backdrop
- Final payments
- Decide who is doing dinner blessing
- Decide on MC
- Venue walk-through
- Meet with Wedding Planner to finalize timeline
Post # 10
sunshineglam : Another 8/19 bride here!
– marriage license
– get the rest of the RSVP’s back to begin seating chart
– make final payments to all vendors
– meet with pastor to go over ceremony
– hair trial
-“day of” timeline
– gifts for parents
-probably forgetting things
Post # 12
August 11<sup>th</sup> Bee!!! And…freaking out!!!
Here’s the long long list of ToDo’s!?
- Assemble centerpieces (started, but still a long way to go)
- Receive the rest of the RSVPs back (deadline is July 10<sup>th</sup>), hunt down missing RSVPs
- The dreaded Seating Chart
- Final Dress Fitting (July 22<sup>nd</sup>)
- Pay off all outstanding balances to vendors ie. Photographer, venue, videographer, DJ
- Choose readings and songs for ceremony
- Programs (I’ve delegated this to my FSIL cuz she asked if she could help with anything!)
- Finish purchasing wedding party/parents and grooms gifts
- Meet with photographer and DJ to finalize things
- Finish flowers (my mom is doing them, they are silk and so far the ones she has finished are gorgeous!)
- Get marriage license
- Welcome Bags
- Work out the mess that is my hotel block!
- Decide on music for certain dances/bridal entry
- Finalize day-of itinerary
- Give final # to venue and to shuttle service
- Finalize Cake Pop order
- Put “Thank You” on Favors
- Buy Unity Cross for Unity Ceremony
- Get rings engraved
- Schedule nail/pampering appointments for the day before
I am certain there are things I’m missing…
First post isn’t showing up, this may be a double post. Sorry!
Post # 12
EVERYTHING!! I HAVE EVERYTHING TO DO!!!