August 2017 Date twins yet?

posted 2 years ago in August 2017
Post # 2
44 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2017

Signed my venue contract yesterday, August 26, 2017. Venue has ceremony/reception areas, wedding planner, and the food/alchohol. Emailing DJs/Photographers/Florist now for quotes. 

Post # 3
52 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

I’m Aug 27! I’ve gotten the big stuff done. Now deciding on invitations, decor, meal choices, etc.. 

Post # 4
11 posts
Newbee

Finally set the date today – 8/5/17! So far we have a venue, and we’ve narrowed down a caterer and photographer that we want to work with. I’ve been looking at invitations, so I think I know which ones I want. Planning to start dress shopping in May/June. There’s still so much to do! Good thing we have so much time 😉

Post # 5
12 posts
Newbee

Hello! Me and my Fiance got engaged about two weeks ago! We just found a venue and with that set the date for August 26th 2017! I was amazed by how many venues were already booked and very thankful we found such a lovely one! Feels like a while away now but we will all be walking down the aisle before we know it!

Post # 6
554 posts
Busy bee

August 11th here 🙂 set the date a couple of months ago. Exciting!

Post # 7
636 posts
Busy bee

I’m getting married August 25, 2017!!! Can’t wait! 😀

Edit: Got a little too excited and didn’t answer your question haha. We have the venue picked and booked, and are deciding on our church now. We’ve also got most of our engagement party planned, and I’ve ‘proposed’ to my bridesmaids. That’s it.

Post # 8
180 posts
Blushing bee

sumshine.dawn:  that’s out date too!!! It was supposed to be September 9th but due to a problem with our flower girl we had to change it. So excited ! Congrats 

Post # 9
180 posts
Blushing bee

sumshine.dawn:  did the same and forgot to answer your question.

I ordered my dress, we have our venue (obviously since we set the date lol) , and are just starting to look at caterers 😊 oh and our engagement shoot is tomorrow yay! Lol

i keep thinking we have to much time and I am trying to just focus on enjoying the engagement for the summer till August rolls around but I can’t stop !!! Lol it’s like all I think about now lol 

anyone else doing this ?

Post # 10
110 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: Los Coyotes Country Club

August 26 here. I have nothing done. We’re touring venues now and hopeful for a place by August 15. I got engaged Memoral Day weekend, so I wanted to enjoy my engagement before I jumped into planning. I hoping to have my dress purchased by the end of October. 

Post # 11
45 posts
Newbee

I’m your twin date!! August 26th 2017 in Australia, so it will be winter, but surprisingly I was on a wait list for my date at the venue, but its mine now! I have my Venue(includes ceremony space, catering and some decor), Photographer/Videographer and meeting with florists next month so I know exactly what flowers are in season for next year! 

Post # 13
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2017 - the winery at st george

To answer the question We have booked our venue, our officiant and the bakery.  I still have to look for dresses but I am losing weight so I am putting that off until NOvember.

Post # 14
255 posts
Helper bee

Any 8/12/17?? Almost a year away! 

Post # 15
60 posts
Worker bee

@Cupcakenurse I am 8/11/17! I wanted 8/12 but there is a HUGE bike race that evening which blocks off all the streets around our venue, so I moved to the day before. Hoping for a good turn out since it’s a friday, but we’ve already saved 8K by switching dates!

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors