ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 29/28

Baby #: 2

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD8, we’re not trying until next cycle

Ovulation Date: August 8

POAS Date: I’ll probably start testing neurotically on August 20/21

Usual Cycle Length: Usually around 29 days

Cycles Trying: August will be the first 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Just trying to time things right. I’ve been on prenatals for months in preparation. 

Trying anything new this month? Nope

Post # 3
4059 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 26 (turning 27 this cycle)/31

Baby #: 1 for me (plus 1 stepson)

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD1

Ovulation Date: 7/20

POAS Date: 8/3

Usual Cycle Length: typically 23-26 days

Cycles Trying: This is number 9…

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): OPK’s, prenatals, Pre-Seed, maca root, complex B, maca root and Fertilaid for DH, temping, charting CM, and trying to time BDing similar to last cycle… every 2 or 3 days before FW, EOD during FW, and ED at positive OPK

Trying anything new this month? I’m hoping to start doing some yoga… but right now I’m still frantically trying to wrap up my thesis.  I may be able to start during or right after my FW.

Link to your chart if charting: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/655f2d

Post # 4
572 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

I’m so excited to finally start posting here! We tried in May, had to take a break for June, but I’m on cd38, have only recently confirmed ovulation and I have no idea if anything matched up, so I’m likely out for July. August will hopefully be our month!

Your age/partner’s age: 30/30

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD38, 11dpo or 8dpo depending on which rules I’m following

Ovulation Date: Possibly around July 31st

POAS Date: July 15th if something miraculous happened this cycle, otherwise August 17th

Usual Cycle Length: Usually between 30 and 34 days, 15 day luteal phase

Cycles Trying: 1 completed

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Charting (I charted to avoid for over 2 years), timing, OPKs (not really necessary, just interesting), maca root in FP, prenatals, improving diets for my husband and myself, pre-seed

Trying anything new this month? I’d like to have more morning sex next cycle, and I’ve heard it’s better for conception 

Link to your chart if charting: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6b930f

Post # 5
223 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Sounds like there could be lots of FTM in August 🙂 That’s exciting! Fingers crossed for everyone

Post # 6
5973 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 28/32

Baby #: 

Ovulation Date: Probably around 7/25..

POAS Date: 8/10

Usual Cycle Length: typically just over 30 days

Cycles Trying: this is 5.

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): I’ll be travelling from the 20th to the 30th.. so we may 100% miss our window.  We’ll BD on the 20th.. if I have a nice short cycle like this one then I could ovulate anywhere from the 23 to the 25th, which would mean some sperm may still be hanging around.. OR if I have a long cycle I could ovulate after I’m back.  So.. basically, our technique will be BD whenever we’re around each other, this cycle, and cross our fingers and hope that I don’t ovulate on the 26th through 29th.

I’ll check CM but there’s no point temping–I’ll be travelling 9 time zones.. there’s no way my temp will know what to do with that.

Trying anything new this month? DH may get a SA, depending on the price.  It’s too early to actually *suspect* anything, but if it’s cheap it’s worth the peace of mind.  (I’m big on paying for peace of mind in every aspect of my life.)

Post # 7
1775 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 28/29

Ovulation Date: 8/4

POAS Date: 8/17

Usual Cycle Length: 35 days

Cycles Trying: 3

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): OPK’s, charting, BD timing, prenatals

Trying anything new this month? Maybe taking it easy this month. We don’t really want an April baby but the thought of waiting for an entire 5 week cycle to pass before trying again doesn’t really work for me… so we’ll see.

Post # 8
56 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 33/34

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 1

Ovulation Date: July 22nd

POAS Date: August 6th

Usual Cycle Length: 26 or 27 days

Cycles Trying: 5th

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): BD timing, prenatals, BBT, OPK and CM

Trying anything new this month? Try to relax more, get more sleep, eat well and stay out of stressful situations.

Post # 9
4059 posts
Honey bee

Made an acupunture appt for Friday. They had a Groupon and had great reviews.  We’ll see how it goes!

Post # 10
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 29/29

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD 2

Ovulation Date: July 26th

POAS Date: August 9th

Usual Cycle Length: 30-31 days

Cycles Trying: Unfortunately now on the 13th cycle :/

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): BDing everyday through fertile week, prenatals and supplements, CM

Trying anything new this month?– Going to start taking new supplements, including red raspberry tea, maca, tribulus, and wild yam. Also hoping to join a support group. In terms of more relaxing news we’re trying to plan a trip up to Montreal and Quebec!

Post # 11
5973 posts
Bee Keeper

SeaOfLove :  i have an appointment on Friday too!

Post # 12
4059 posts
Honey bee

amanda1988 :  Twinsies!

So in my quest to find a new doctor, someone recommended the IVFML podcast to me. I was listening to it on my way to work this morning, and they had a fertility expert on that said if you’re BDing 2-3 times per week or timing BDing for around ovulation and not pregnant in 4-6 months, you should seek out a doctor. His statistics were 80-90% of couple actively TTC will get pregnant during that time. In 6-12 months, that number only increases from 5-10%. Can I go crawl into a hole now?

Post # 13
5973 posts
Bee Keeper

SeaOfLove :  well, I mean it sounds like getting stuff checked out was part of the plan right now anyway right?  Try not to let random “experts” get to you too much xo.

Today I’m surfing the prime day sales and it really bums me out how awesome the sales on baby stuff are (cribs, baby carriers, bottles, etc..).  I almost bought a crib that was $60 off but then I was like AHH DONT JINX IT. So I didn’t. :-/

Post # 14
715 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 26/26

Ovulation Date: 7/26-27

POAS Date: 8/9

Usual Cycle Length: 29 days average, 

Cycles Trying: 10 double digits now. :/

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): OPK’s, BD timing, prenatals, Pre-Seed, maca, soft cup, B6

Trying anything new this month? Think I’m going to call my doctor to check checked out. Also DH is going to get a SA

Link to your chart if charting: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/46f3ea

Post # 15
395 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Hi ladies, I just wanted to introuduce myself. My husband and I finally made the decision to start TTC again, but pretty late to try for this cycle, so I’m kind of between the July and August POAS threads. 

We have a wonderful, crazy, almost 4 year old daughter. I miscarried what would have been our second child in March of 2015, and was diagnosed with breast cancer that same month. I went through chemo and a few surgeries. Knock on wood I am healthy now and feel great, but we took some time to let my body heal and make sure I stayed in remission. My doctors recommended waiting two years after treatment before trying to get pregnant again, and I hit my two year mark in March. After a lot of discussion and soul searching we decided we’d still really like to give our daughter a sibling, so we FINALLY pulled the trigger this week and are TTC again. 

I was already on CD 9 when we made the decision and I have shorter cycles, so we only got a couple of sessions in, but I am excited to officially be trying again.

Your age/partner’s age: 36/41

Baby #2

Current cycle/DPO: CD 12, maybe 1 DPO?

Ovulation date: July 10?

POAS date: July 29?

Usual cycle length: They vary, but 24-25 on average

Cycles trying: first

BFP Plan: Taking prenatal vitamins, trying to time our BDing

Trying anything new this month: Not preventing a pregnancy 🙂

Link to chart: I’m not charting yet, but may try in a cycle or two. I did with both of my previous pregnancies and thought the info was really helpful, but I’m still easing into the process of TTC.

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors