August 2018 Brides

posted 3 weeks ago in August 2018
Post # 2
89 posts
Worker bee

Thats awesome! I’d say you’re super ahead of the game! I’m similar, here’s what I have:

-venue booked (caterers included)
-photographer booked
-officiant booked
-bridal party all asked and confirmed
-guest list finalized (90% of our peeps are travelling from either overseas or another province so we’re sending out STD’s nice and early)
-I got my dress last month (best part so far!)
-and most recently! We put a deposit down for a cruise for our honeymoon! 

I also really enjoy crafting so I’ve been doing a lot of decor stuff in my spare time. I made a card box and a banner sign for the head table and I’m working on centerpieces and guestbook now. I think next we’re going to start looking into hotels for our out of town guests and finding a florist.

You’ve got the major stuff down so I think as long as you have a plan in place for what you need/ want to be done next, you’ve got nothing to worry about for a timeline! We got engaged in 2016 and put off planning for a year so I could finish grad school, so I’m just super excited things are starting to ramp up, I can’t believe we’re almost a year out!

Post # 4
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2018

Ummm.  Now I’m nervous.  I’m way behind on all of that! We have our venue booked, and we’re going for a tasting for our food truck catering ina few weeks.  We already chose who we want In the bridal party but haven’t asked them yet.  And that’s all.   I think I need to get to work! Lol

Post # 6
30 posts
Newbee

bridetobe2018 :   I bet it’s a relief to have most of your big stuff planned.  What’s the actual date? Mine is August 11

Post # 7
1 posts
Wannabee

I’m also August 11th!

We have the following done so far:

-Church for ceremony

-Reception Venue (Food & Drink Included)

-Photographer

-Videographer 

-DJ

-Hair and Makeup

-Rooms Blocked 

-Wedding Cake 

-Dress Ordered (Back in March)

-Wedding rings 

-Wedding party has been asked 

We’ve ordered the bulk of our favors, I purchased the lanterns for our centerpieces and we’ve been buying odds and ends (baskets, card box, cake topper, various decor). Our venue has a lawn outside so we just ordered custom cornhole boards.

My fiancé is out of state finishing up his Doctoral program, so I keep myself busy by knocking out wedding tasks. We had a 2+ year engagement and booked our big vendors (venue, photographer/videographer, church) when we got engaged because dates were already filling up for next year! 

Post # 9
1 posts
Wannabee

August 18th!

ceremony/reception venue booked (includes food and beverage)

wedding party chosen

wedding rings purchased

idea on colors 

I feel like I might be missing the bride gene. Lol! 

Post # 10
8 posts
Newbee

August 18!

-Ceremony site (on the beach)

-Reception booked (food/beverage included)

-Photographers booked

-Videographer booked

-Guest list/seating chart finished (ive only got 40 people invited)

-Floris booked

-Stylist/coordintaor booked

– budget determined

– wedding dress appointments scheduled

I’m so excited!!

Post # 11
18 posts
Newbee

voxxgrl :   laulau17 :  I’m also August 18th!

Venue is booked but that is about it! It’s a destination wedding in Mexico and we are flying down there next month to finalize the other details (ceremony location on the grounds, menu, program, decor, lighting, DJ etc.)

Both of you are ahead of me!

I also need the bride gene!😉

Post # 13
8 posts
Newbee

bridetobe2018 :  Oooh! I just chose my dress today, too! 🙂

Why are you having doubts, though?

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors