Post # 31
Following! My wedding is 08/10/18. I’m also in graduate school so planning has kind of been at a standstill but I’m hoping to get done more over this winter break!
- Booked church & reception venue, and we have a draft of our catering & bar options.
- Bridal party confirmed, 3 out of 7 BMs have dresses (they’re picking their own)
- Purchased wedding dress
- We have a guest list 90% finished
- Makeup artist chosen
- Photographer booked
- Decor/colors/ideas for flowers decided, centerpieces as well
- Save the dates arrived!
Still to do: A LOT. lol. I need to find a DJ, florist, and baker. Those are the main things. All the other little stuff will get done eventually (sending save the dates, choosing invitations, hairstylist, etc.)
Post # 32
bridetobe2018 : I may borrow your timeline
Post # 33
Awesome! We still have plenty to do too, but there is a lot of time ahead of us all so no worries. We still need an officiant, hair/makeup artist, my fiancé needs to pick out his groomsmen suits.
I am picking up my dress in a couple of weeks which is exciting! Thinking of a few alterations.
Keep in touch ladies! So exciting and best to you all!!
Post # 34
- Wedding: August 2018 - Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
I’m getting married 8/25/18. We got engaged 9/23/17.
-venue and date locked in
-catering/bar/cake (all comes with the venue package)
-band locked in
-videographer locked in
-photographer locked in (our engagement shoot is not until April though and I have no idea why. This seems really late)
-officiants locked in
-photo booth locked in
-hair locked in
-save the dates ordered and approved the final proof (going out January/ early February at the latest)
-hotel room blocks locked in
-wedding party chosen
-late night food truck locked in
-bridesmaids dresses chosen yesterday. I have inspiration for what I want the groomsmen to wear but haven’t gone to an actual store to find it yet
-bridesmaids gifts bought! I know this wasn’t something I needed to do right now but I saw the perfect gifts for them heavily discounted online in a Black Friday sale so I swooped them up at 30% off
I have a coordinator who’s guiding me through this so we were holding off on the florist and decor/lighting/ rentals until all the wedding party attire was chosen. Now that ive picked the groomsmen and bridesmaids outfits we can focus more on decor. I think the florist/ rentals are the only big vendors I still have left to book. Still need to hire a makeup person but I have a few options for that. We are in pretty good shape I think. The only thing left to do before the holidays is get everyone’s addresses for the save the dates.
Post # 35
Following! My wedding is 8/24. We have:
– Venue booked (catering / setup decisions outstanding)
– Dress / suit purchased but not altered
– Photographer, ceremony/reception musician, DJ and hair/makeup artists booked
– Wedding party chosen
– Some decor purchased
Post # 36
Hey August Brides! Pulse check! Where are you at in the planning stage now? As for me…
– All vendors are booked (venue, catering, rentals, wait staff, officiant, DJ, hair/makeup, photographer, florist)
– Engagement photos done and came out great!
– Wedding dress purchased, had first alterations appointment, still shopping for the accessories/shoes
– Planning Bachelorette, Bridal Shower & Honeymoon now
– Bridesmaids dresses selected (some but not all bought), groom bought his suit, groomsmen still looking, still looking for mother of bride dress
– Save the Dates sent out, wedding website up
– Have not started the registry or bought the alcohol
– Have not designed the granular wedding details yet, like flowers, bouquets, table settings, but thinking about it now!
… I’m sure I’m missing a dozen other things..