August 2018 Brides

posted 1 year ago in August 2018
Post # 2
87 posts
Worker bee

Hey! Sort of similar for me, but I just really dislike odd numbers. I find them ugly to look at so I wanted to have even numbers for my day, and 4 is my lucky number so 04.08.18 for me!

Also in both our families we have no one with an August birthday or anniversary or anything like that, so it seemed like a nice, quite month to choose. 🙂 

Post # 4
87 posts
Worker bee

dcsonlygurl:  Thank you! Can I ask what you have started/ are getting ready to do? I’m mostly just making lists and trying to find a venue right now. It seems like such a long time away but I’m still worried I wont have time to do it all! lol

Post # 6
220 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2019

I just picked August. I really hate outdoor weddings but my fiance wants it outside soooo I agreed on it.

Post # 8
53 posts
Worker bee

Hi fellow 2018 bride!! 🙂 Our day is 8/18/18!! 🙂 We just looked at what dates were saturdays that month and 8/18/18 sounded good 🙂

Post # 10
220 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2019

Rain I fear rain.

Post # 12
58 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2018 - Outdoors

dcsonlygurl:  I chose 8/18/2018. Firstly, I like the significance of 8’s as it symbolizes eternity, so I figured the more the better! Triple infinity!!! And of course I wanted a Saturday, which is why I put this off that far haha. August is also a month that I want to celebrate for many reasons. My parents got married in August. My maternal grandmother’s birthday was in August, as was my mother’s – and my mother passed away in 2011 from cancer, so August is typically a sad month for me. For me personally, I think it’ll be healing to have something to celebrate in August and it’s sort of a post-mortem gift to her. She would’ve loved to be a part of my special day…

Post # 14
58 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2018 - Outdoors

I forgot, 8/18/18 is also a palindrome 🙂 

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors