- 8 years ago
- Wedding: August 2010
I got married 3 weeks ago today (!) and just wanted to share a little about my day. With the hope that it will get other brides excited for their own weddings and make them feel more relaxed about everything!!
- I thought I would be really nervous, but I wasnt at ALL – I was just happy and excited all day long and so calm!
- Eat throughout the day – I had snacks that were easy to munch on all day long – cheese, apples, carrots, celery, granola bars, etc.
- Dont forget to drink enough water – seriously, its easy to get dehydrated because water is the last thing youll be thinking about!
- Go with the flow – it rained from the time I woke up until 4 PM on the day of the wedding – my ceremony started at 6- I didnt even care it was raining anymore because there was nothing I could do about it!
- Things will go wrong – I hate tulle, it was everywhere…our DJ was less than what we expected and paid for, he did not play any of the songs on our playlist and didnt have our special songs – good thing we had foresight to make a CD!!…our cake looked like it may have been created by a kindergartener, we just laugh because its ridiculous!s
- Try not to do very much the day before AND take the day after to have as reenergizing time – I am so glad we did both of these things. The day before the wedding I got manis and pedis with my mom and all my girls, then we went to lunch and just hung out….the day after the wedding we had a brunch which was great to spend extra time with guests…then we went back to DHs parents house where we went out to dinner to celebrate our first day of marriage – it was so nice to have some down time together before jumping on a plane!
Best wishes to all future brides, especially those whose weddings are this weekend! And now just a couple pictures….with more to come!