August 22 2015 : )

posted 2 years ago in August 2015
Post # 2
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

jpbee:  Twin here!!  We too are getting married on August 22, 2015 🙂

We just got engaged on August 30th and I didnt want to really have more than a year wait so we booked our date fairly quickly!

We are doing things a bit different and having a very intimate affair with immediate family only in attendance.  A week later we are having a big reception at all hall with all of our extended family and friends so they can peek into what our day was like and celebrate our marriage!  So far I just have the date(s) figured out and the hall booked!

Where are you at for planning?!

Post # 4
7 posts
Newbee

We’re getting married on August 22, 2015 too!  We got engaged on July 30, 2014.

So far, I’ve booked the ceremony/reception/catering venue, the dj, officiant and the photographer.  We just had our engagement shoot on Monday.  I’ve asked all my girls and bought the flower girl’s dress.  I know my colors are navy with gold, silver, copper and rose gold but I can’t decide on a theme.

Post # 5
79 posts
Worker bee

jpbee:  Just saw your reply now!  And… since I’ve last posted, we have actually had to move the date due to travel issues with one of my sisters and she is obviously a very important guest so we ended up moving the ceremony date to August 28th, 2015.  We are having our reception the following day so that the immediate family from out of town (Aunt & fam travel from far as well) can attend both events as we really want them to be able to!  Still getting the intamacy we wanted but its working out better because it will all be in the same weekend so its not like we are taking over everyones lives for two weekends rather than the preferred single weekend. <br /><br />We are definitely doing a lot of the decor ourselves with DIY projects!  The vibe is sort of a rustic chic with using lace, lanterns, rounds of wood…  The colours are going to be a mix of purples (I am loving the pastels lately), grey and cream.. <br /><br />I am actually heading up to my Parents this weekend where we are having thanksgiving so my sisters, mom and myself are having what I am calling a wedding pow pow so we can start to get the ball rolling!  It’s so exciting!

Best of luck to you August 22nd ladies!  My Mom told me that according to numerology 22 is a ‘power’ number and it’s related to building solid foundations (how perfect?!). 

Post # 8
426 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

jpbee:  congrats! Yay to August brides! I got married on august 30th this year yay! Congrats again! xxx

Post # 9
1242 posts
Bumble bee

jpbee:  Awh, this is my date as well! I literally have everything done but the centerpieces and other small details- which will be my winter project 🙂

Post # 10
1537 posts
Bumble bee

I have our venue, florist, photographer and DJ booked. We did engagement pictures in September. The only major vendor left to book is the cake, but I can’t do that yet since I am not living where the wedding is located. Save the dates have arrived and I just need to address those. I have picked a bridesmaid dress and it will probably be ordered next month. Not really sure what else is left to do this early in the game, I plan on just sitting back and not doing a whole lot until after the holidays.

Post # 12
1242 posts
Bumble bee

jpbee:  I’m really excited to start working on the crafty things too, I’m just making myself wait so I still have a little to do as the wedding gets closer. We’ve been engaged since March 2014

Post # 13
1537 posts
Bumble bee

jpbee:  I do have my dress! I ordered it in August, and it arrived only a month later. So, its actually already sitting in my closet.  No cars for us, we are getting married at an Inn. The ceremony is overlooking the lake on a gazebo and the reception is in a tent on the lawn, so everything is all in one place. 

Good luck with the florist! I found that to be a frustrating process. The prices just seemed so insane for something that gets thrown out the next day. I had to drastically alter my ideas for centerpieces once I saw the prices. Apparently, I have expensive taste in flowers!  I found a nice florist who was willing to work with my budget, but definitely had to make some sacrifices in the process! 

Post # 15
7 posts
Newbee

jpbee:  

I’m sorry I didn’t see your response sooner.

The reason we went with that date is because I wanted a summer wedding but I’m hoping it won’t be too hot.  I love the heat but some of my guests do not.  That was the best date my venue had available.  If the weather cooperates, we’ll be getting married right next to a lake.

I wore a pretty tan sweater with a subtle gold thread in it, skinny jeans and tall boots.  It was a challenge to find something special without being too dressy.  I wasn’t going to get e-photos done but they came with my photography package.  Honestly, I now feel like it is a great way to start a relationship with your photographer and become more relaxed in front of the camera.  I’ve seen “stiff” looking wedding and engagement photos and I was worried ours might look like that.  I was SO happy with how they came out and we had such a great time with our photographer that I am even MORE excited about the wedding.

On a side note, I love to take photos so one of the many things I love about my FI is that he doesn’t mind having his pic taken.  I snuck the first photo I took of him.  It was the first time we cooked together.  He was sick and we were making soup.  I thought it was so wonderful that I had this fun and handsome guy cooking in my kitchen that I wanted a photo to remember it.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors