August 24, 2013

posted 3 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I think 11 days is actually worse than like 50 or 100. I remember then thinking “aahhhh it’s never going to get here” Then time went crazy fast…now it’s stopped…..AAAAHHHH! LOL!

Post # 4
11300 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

I like to lump myself in with you ladies because I think I’m one of maybe two 23rd brides. 

I’m okay. Things are getting ironed out. We’re meeting our photographers this Friday to look at the ceremony site and then discuss some things. The DJ is calling FI on Thursday. FI is picking up our license tomorrow, and dropping off the check for our ceremony venue. I need to take my one bridesmaids’ dress to get steamed because she’s going through a rough time right now and I have her dress and don’t want her to worry.

Post # 5
8910 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

Oops double post.

Post # 6
8910 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Doing good. For the first time, I can really envision that alllll of the tasks for our heavily DIY, non-coordinated wedding are going to get done. So that’s good. Just hoping it doesn’t get too overwhelming in the lead up to the big day.

Paranoid about the weather, though. This has been a wet, very stormy summer here in the Rockies and our venue is 100% outdoors :/ Pleeeeease no storms! I guess it hasn’t been as bad  in my hometown where the wedding is as it has been here….

@vorpalette:  You can totally be one of us! 

Post # 8
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Ladies Im ready to throw the towel…. none of my DIY are coming out, and Im so stress I need more Daysssssss 11 days is not enough. Just found out the 5 invites my mom promise to sent she forgot and she’s telling me now weeks after I sent them out.

Good things going on ummm we Got our marriage license yesterday 🙂

Post # 9
1773 posts
Buzzing bee

So ready! I had a little meltdown today and decided I HAD to have another wedding gown for my reception and I actually went wedding dress shopping again today after work…someone stop me! 

Post # 10
232 posts
Helper bee

@vorpalette:  high-five date twin!

I’m oscillating between “it’s going to be fine” and “OMG how are we going to get this all done?!?”. We are catering our own hors d’oeuvres, rehearsal dinner, and beverages to everything. 0.0. STill need to rent that truck for all this stuff . . feeling terrified I’m forgetting something, but I’m taking all of next week off of work, so surely it will work out, right?

Post # 13
8910 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@pastrygirl:  That’s exactly what we’re doing, too!  Plus DIY Sunday bagel brunch and wedding day flowers.  I thought I was being all thrifty and non-fussy when started planning to do all that, but now that it’s NEXT WEEK, it’s a little overwhelming.  We’re both taking next week off too, and we’ve got a virtual army of friends and family to help.  It’s cool, we can do this! 

@Chelwilly:  step AWAY from the bridal gowns!  😉

Post # 14
232 posts
Helper bee

@lolot:  Wow, you go girl! My opinion is anything past Friday is on my FI’s family if it needs to be planned ahead. We’ll do something, but my god, my FI and I are planning this whole thing 30 minutes from his hometown, so if people want the whole shebang, someone else has got to step up! lol. We’re exhausted.

@Chelwilly:  Don’t do it! You know what my wedding gown is? A reception gown someone bought and never wore. It took her 6 years to sell it. Don’t do it. You won’t change into it. You’ll be all caught up with your guests and looking pretty and time will fly and then you’ll be trying to sell the damn thing to someone on Craigslist like me 🙂

Post # 15
232 posts
Helper bee

@Sweetg1rl084:  Go marriage license! Fi picked ours up today and apparently it came with a pamplet about being pregnant and how you should take folic acid and not do drugs! Pretty hilarious.

Don’t let the DIY stress you out. If it’s any consolation, no one will remember. I was engaged, went to a wedding we are ‘copying’ and still had to look up all the pictures to even remember how the tables were set up. So, don’t stress! You have a marriage license, so it’s going to be great!

Post # 16
11300 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@pastrygirl:  High five! I started a last-minute project last night, haha. Thankfully it’s not very involved, but I have to buy new ink cartridges.

And our marriage license came with a pamphlet on STIs and used the word “smelly,” so I think it was written by a high school student.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors