(Closed) August 31st 2013

posted 5 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
866 posts
Busy bee

I am a fellow Aug. 31! I am excited by just about everything, the dress, the band, the ceremony, having my whole wedding party all together. I am a little overwhelmed as I am having a wedding for 200+ in my backyard (big backyard) but I love planning a wedding!

Post # 5
866 posts
Busy bee

I woke up from a perfectly lovely nap yesterday suddenly terrified of how i willmake it al happen. So many little details to think of!  I go back and forth from excitement to terror it appears. I wonder sometimes, am I really going to pull this off?

Post # 7
231 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Hi Ladies!! I am an August 31 bride too. It feels like its coming quickly! I am having 250+ people and feeling a bit stressed although things are coming together nicely. We’re doing a country/vintage wedding at a barn venue. Im excited!! I keep feeling like I am forgetting some little detail.

Post # 8
33 posts
Newbee

Bees!!!! I am also an August 31, 2013 bride to be!!!

So far, I have all the big stuff booked (hall, church, catering, DJ, photographer, cake.. etc). This month I need to focus on buying my centerpiece materials, and I want to buy my wedding shoes!

Also, this month I am taking my maids shopping to pick their dresses 🙂 they will all choose different dresses in knee length and Navy. I can’t WAIT to see them all in them! Also, I am trying on my dress for them for the first time 🙂

We are having an adult-only reception, inviting between 350-400 guests, and we’re doing an indoor reception!

Post # 9
33 posts
Newbee

PS– less than 8 months to go!

Post # 10
241 posts
Helper bee

Chiming in as an August 31st bride too!! 

Post # 11
37 posts
Newbee

August 31st is clearly a good day.  Working to get a photographer/cake/florist finalized by the end of the month. Save the Dates are out! That and the hotel were my biggest to do for a long weekend wedding.

Post # 12
23 posts
Newbee

I’m also Aug 31!!! We’re having 120ish including vendors at Hollyburn Country Club.  I have my dress, bridesmaid dresses, photographer, decor vendor, and that’s it.  I feel a little behind but not really haha.

Post # 13
131 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Hello ladies!! Another August 31st bride here! It’s so lovely to find some other people with the same day! We’ve only been engaged about a month (12/12/12 proposal) but I have thrown myself into planning. Eight months doesn’t actually seem that long now…

So far we’ve got church and reception venue (FI’s dad is a vicar so will be marrying us in our home church, reception will be in their/the vicarage garden), photographer, caterer, I’ve found a dress and am in the process of picking bridesmaid dresses, my lovely mother will be making our cake. Save The Dates are being made and sent out!

233 days to go! 

Post # 14
466 posts
Helper bee

I am an August 31st, 2013 bride too!! Yay!

We’ve only been engaged since December 1st, 2012 but I have done SO much. We are getting married in my parent’s backyard (it’s big and gorgeous!) with approx. 100 guests. Dress is ordered, wedding planner hired, cake ordered, photographer taken care of and the save the dates were sent out at the beginning of the week! I’m in the process of working on the invites. Sunday we’ll ask our favourite pastor if he can perform the ceremony. We have a meeting with a DJ, florist, and caterer next week too! Busy but SO fun! I have made too many Etsy purchases in the last month but I already have most of the decor sorted and have even started my DIY projects!

Post # 15
458 posts
Helper bee

Hello August 31, 2013 ladies! I’m so excited for our wedding date! For those of us in the US and Canada at least, it’s Labor Day weekend! We’re doing our 250+ wedding at a resort, since about half of our wedding guests will be traveling across the country or internationally. We’re having a fiesta party for resort guests on Friday night, THE WEDDING! on Saturday, and hopefully just relaxing on the Lake Michigan beach with friends on Sunday.

I felt like I was WAY behind (I had only booked the venue and sent out save-the-dates), but in the last 3 weeks I: bought a dress, met with a seamstress to make the bridesmaids dresses, picked out groomsmen suits, picked out flowers, picked out centerpieces & decorations, chose a photographer, chose a harpist, and began putting together a playlist with my fiance. So, if you’re feeling behind, I just want to let you know that it can all come together very quickly whenever you’re able to start working on it =)

When do you all plan on sending invitations? My goal is to have them sent by June 1, and I’m going to ask guests to RSVP by August 2 (which will be our 5-year dating anniversary).

Post # 16
474 posts
Helper bee

Another August 31st bride here !!!  I was nervous about having a Labor Day weekend wedding and when I mentioned it to family and friends, they thought I was crazy for worrying about it.  It is a big “go down the shore” weekend in the area and I didn’t want to have only 10 people show up !

We have the venue, DJ, photographer and I have my gown and shoes.  Our venue covers cake, centerpieces etc.  Our tasting is in February, so that will be done and our food, cake and centerpieces will be decided on shortly thereafter.  Still need to do the STDs, but for right now, I feel like we are in a good spot. 

The topic ‘August 31st 2013’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors