(Closed) August 6th, 2011 Brides!

posted 7 years ago in August 2011
Post # 3
348 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

i thought tomorrow was the 100-day mark! is it today?!!

AHHHH!!! i’m not as stressed as i thought i would be. i have a lot left to do but i have gotten SO much done so far! have you sent out your invitations already?! i’m waiting on shower RSVPs right now!

Post # 5
3126 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

oh geez. I thought I was doing well until you pointed out we are at the 100 day mark! I have my invites addressed and stamped. They are sitting here ready to work out, I am just missing one.last.address!

Post # 6
348 posts
Helper bee

oh man! i think my counter thing is set up differently than yours! mine says 101 for today. do you have an iphone?

ok, so i’ve bought my dress, MOH dress, BM suit, FI’s suit, done with table numbers, made cake flags, i know which shoes i’m going to buy, bought necklace/earrings, booked DJ (and photographer, minister, cake-maker, and venue), made our photo guestbook, bathroom baskets made, rings bought, hotel block of rooms booked, honeymoon booked, sent out save the dates, have decided on and finalized invitations….

PHEW! i’m sure there’s other stuff but those are the things we’ve done off the top of my head! our colors are light pink/charcoal/cream & we are using touches of pearls/polka dots/initials throughout our venue.

ETA: where’s your destination wedding going to be? FUN!

Post # 9
3126 posts
Sugar bee

My colors are like a combination of both of yours! We are doing white, black, charcoal and red and we have polka dots everywhere (including our tableclothes!)

It seems to be a lot easier to list what we still have left to do instead of what we have done. We have to book our tables/chairs/tableclothes (we know what we want, we just have to get our butts in gear), finalize with the caterer, buy my shoes (I know what I am getting, just once again..was waiting on funds) and revist our ceremony site to refresh our memories.

@mrs.jk: I’d also love to know what you put in your bathroom baskets. I still have to make these as well!

Post # 10
348 posts
Helper bee

ooooh! a wedding in the mountains sounds fanastically beautiful! i’m loving your colors! red shoes will be perfect! πŸ™‚

ok, so we are expecting between 130-150 people. we found a hotel that is close to our venue, checked out some reviews, and picked the best lookin’ one! the people that are coming in from out of town are not that picky, luckily! when thinking about bathroom baskets i just thought about things that i’ve wished i had at wedding receptions: pepto bismol, floss, gum, hairspray, static guard, tide stain pen, bug spray/bug bite ointment… things like that! we went to a discount store and hit up the travel-section – they had most everything we needed.

no problem on the questions… ask away!

Post # 12
348 posts
Helper bee

@MissTatas: i can make up a list of the stuff we put in the baskets if you want!

@anglang25: our centerpieces are going to be very simple. a 5x5x5 square glass vase filled with white or cream roses and white hydrangeas…  and then 3-4 glass votive candle holders, each with a cream colored votive candle! i’m still trying to figure out our table number holders — tall or short?!

Post # 14
518 posts
Busy bee

I feel like most everything is in place, but according to my checklist I still have 115 TO DO’S LEFT?!?!?! How is that possible? So that’s definitely stressful. The main thing I’m nervous about is losing weight before the weddding. I will be so disappointed in myself if I don’t lose anothe 10-15 pounds in the next 100 days πŸ™

Post # 15
3126 posts
Sugar bee

I am doing a hodge podge for centerpieces. We are having our reception in our backyard. We have mason jars for flowers (I added ribbon to the mason jars to make it pop a little more), we are doing red 36in balloons, we have crystal candle holders with red candles, we are having someone make us red paper hearts that we are hanging from a string in some mason jars, and I will be making more candle holders by painting tin cans and adding ribbon and crystals to match my pearl and crystal bouquet. It sounds like a hot mess but I have a vision in my head and I know it will turn out okay πŸ™‚

Post # 16
348 posts
Helper bee

@anglang25: yep, i think the bug spray would come in handy at both of our weddings! ours is outside – both ceremony & reception!

we’re doing a buffet style meal – sit down was way too expensive for us. we’re not doing a full bar either – just beer & wine. neither FI or i are big drinkers – i mostly like drinks where you can’t taste the alcohol. haha!

The topic ‘August 6th, 2011 Brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors