Post # 1
It’s crunch time! We are at 96 days and counting, how are you holding up what do you still have left to do?
I still have to book our transportation
finish and send out our invites
find my shoes/accesories
Order BM dresses
Figure out ceremony decor
So much to do, so little time!
Post # 3
Get our cupcake man sorted. It just one of those things I keep putting off and keep on putting off.
Bridal Hair: I managed to get a few accessories on the weekend, but I still havent decided on my hairstyle. So i have a quite expensive headband sitting in the wings, and a few pins and a couple of flower accessories that could go. I kinda wanted to have all bases covered but I still havent decided.
Sorting out my makeup look. I have NO idea.
Posting the invitations.
Other than that… I just need to pay alot of people the full amount and we are done.
Also im scared of my hens/bachelorette night also if Im having a bridal shower or not. I dont think my bridesmaids will organise one. 🙁
Post # 4
Hey! It’s coming soon…
Some of the things to do:
-Figure out ceremony details (what’s going to be said, make playlist for music)
-Invites were ordered today (!yes, very late!) so I’ll need to send those out ASAP when they come
-Finalize my attire (making my own headpiece, finding earrings)
-DECOR – book rentals, make/buy whatever I’m DIYing
-Want to bake cookies for favours – need to test recipe and buy stuff to package them
-Figure out who the helpers are going to be (MC, greeters/ushers, etc.)
-Find ties for groomsmen and groom.
-Find out what my florist has been up to…
There’s probably more stuff.
FI is supposed to be arranging transportation and his own suit. Of course neither of these things have happened yet.
Post # 5
bug in a rug. In the same boat as you as the GM suits and transport. Be interesting to see what the outcome is. Im refusing to step in 😛
Post # 6
We/I’m doing pretty good!
- Working on finalizing our invite design right now. Should be ready to print in the next week or two. Def have to finish prior to Memorial Day weekend because I’ll be bringing home the invites for my side. My mom wants to hand them out.
- Bridal Shower is Memorial Day weekend
- Picking up a cake tasting package the same weekend.
- Menu is finalized!!! Our amazing coordinator came through on all accounts including our Asian Station menu changes!!!
- FI & GM have begun shopping their suits, I’m not terribly worried
- Know what we’re doing for RD and day after brunch. Just gotta call when we get closer to make reservations for a large group.
- Other than that just got to get started on all the little DIY projects. This week or next we have to start making our home brew for the wedding.
- Flower Girl Custom Dress order has been placed. Crossing fingers that they come out like we want them to.
- We’ve been looking at airfare for HM. We’re close enough now that the second I see them low enough I’m booking!
I think it’s time we all started a big list!
I’m going to make one and post it up to our HM itinerary in our office. I think it’ll be so liberating to start crossing things off the list!
Post # 7
We’re doing a tiny destination wedding so things aren’t as busy, but here what we’ve done:
Wedding planner (who’s also doing the flowers, cake, venue permit)
booked restaurant for reception
Booked our cabin for when we’re there
Ordered my gown
book hair stylist/makeup artist
will sent out invitations
order tux or suit
buy veil/hair flowers
buy wedding bubbles
buy signature mat
research and book rehearsal dinner location
Post # 8
I already had to take over when zero progress was being made on getting a DJ. But yes, I’m definitely not going to be doing anything about transport and suits. He keeps saying that the transportation issue is ‘not a big deal’ (uh, yeah, that’s why I assigned it to you! haha), so he doesn’t think he needs to get on it. Actually, now he wants to ask his groomsmen for help on it!
Post # 9
Hi Date Twins,
I hope that everyone is doing well and knocking off items from the “to-do” list. I’m getting soooo excited! In fact, I can’t wait for it all to be over!! Is anyone else feeling this way?
Post # 10
We are getting married in August, but I think we are planning for a couple years ahead even though my year says 2011. 🙂 Gives us more time to do schooling, be with our babies, plan our perfect day, and just take our time and have fun doing it.
Good luck and congratulations!
Post # 11
Um. For some reason I thought we had 60 some odd days.
At least the list is getting shorter! Can’t wait for the day to come!! In a good way.
Post # 12
1littlep I hear you! I’m definitely feeling the same way.
How are everyone’s RSVPs coming in?
We are meeting with our venue to finalize everything next weekend and after that just little projects: slideshow, programs, place cards, seating chart. I think that’s it!
Post # 13
So many payments due in the next couple weeks…..*barf*
Post # 14
Ahhhh August 6 is coming up wayyyyyy too fast. Looking at all of your to-do lists has me a little freaked out as I think my list might be even longer than that and I’m having to put wedding business on hold at the moment to finish up my semester at school and find a job in Korea (where we’re headed after wedding)……good luck all!!
Post # 15
- We have our entire ceremony and vows written.
- Tuxes picked out.
- Music selections made and sent to the DJ.
- I had my first fitting yesterday
- RSVPs are coming, though I wish faster, still have 40+ sitting out there waiting for answers.
- I made our seating chart, just waiting for the final list of names.
I’m not even sure what’s left. I ordered our cake cutter and flutes today. I have to design some sort of email to invite people to the rehearsal dinner.
Post # 16
Ohmygosh, 50 days?!?
Big weekend … writing program, buying FI’s kippah, buying the glass to break, buying a frame for our ketubah, buying a PEN for our ketubah.
Oh, and choosing processional music.