Post # 1
I thought we could try and balance out the vent thread (which I’ve just posted on. Twice.) with the successes in this busy preparation time.
– our rings have arrived
– after many emails we finally managed to organise a date to meet the vicar
– also finally off to buy flower girl dresses this weekend
– people are actually coming to my hen do 🙂
Post # 3
Way to be positive!! I guess things that are going well are:
- all but one bridesmaids have their dresses and all the guys have their suits
- our day-of coordinator has been working on our timeline for the wedding day and said everything is falling into place well
- we should be very close to what we wanted as far as how many people actually plan to attend. We may even be under what we wanted which is awesome!
- I’m not stressed about how we’re going to pay for things. FI and I have been saving for nearly 2 years (before we even officially got engaged) and both of our parents have been very generous in helping us pay for everything.
Post # 6
- Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat
– We have our rings
– My hair/makeup is booked
– My final fitting is this Saturday
– We decided to nix a hosted rehearsal dinner to save on money and stress
– We have enough money as of this moment to cover everything, even the honeymoon. That said, my next paycheque is still going into savings lol
Post # 7
@bmo88: I do too, but we still have four and a half weeks 🙁 However, I am getting a surprising amount done during term time. And I know that when term ends I have a couple of completely empty weeks before the wedding!
Post # 8
We have the rings, most of the ceremony nailed down, the food, cake and alcohol figured out, and lots of people offering to help us with projects that still need to be done.
Post # 9
I cant believe things are happening so quickly. Some great things happening!
– Bridesmaid dresses should be here end of week
– All last minute items purchases(Cake stand, aisle runner, cake table decor)
– Wedding invites almost ready for mailing
– Bought bridesmaids jewelry
– I just hit one of my “end” goals for weight loss! Wahoooooo!
Post # 10
I like this!
1. Our flowers are within budget.
2. My dress fits.
3. We have rings.
4. We’re under our goal number for attendees.
Post # 11
I’m going to try!
1. I got a cute sign from etsy for $18 and it is already being shipped
2. Ties came in for ring bearers and they are freaking adorable
3. FI’s ring was $200 under budget (yay Tungsten!)
4. RSVPs are coming in quickly, so we hopefully won’t have to chase too many people
Post # 12
- Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA
Good idea! Glad to hear that a bunch of things are going well for everyone.
– All our important family and friends are coming! Yay!
– Just found a coupon for 50% off a regular-priced item from Men’s Wearhouse. We don’t have FI’s suit yet and didn’t want to spend a whole lot. So YAY!
– I was in pretty good shape to start with, but I’ve been vetter at working out / eating well for the last 6 weeks. I definitely feel more toned and slim, and I’ve lost ~4 pounds. Yay! And my guy has been on board too, and he’s lost over 20 pounds since Christmas. Woot!
– I’m marrying the love of my life and it’s gonna be SO FUN!!!!!!!!!!
Post # 13
- Wedding: August 2013 - The Liberty House
I’m glad you posted this because I feel like everything is going really well for me at this point! I just booked our dj and florist this month and those were our last two vendors. My dress is here and I’m having a fitting in two weeks. I just bought my wedding band yesterday. We are currently assembling our invitations and should be able to finish them tonight if my directions cards come in the mail today. We got FI’s suit over the weekend as well as the ties for our groomsmen. Now I really just have to do a few projects and work out
Post # 14
We’ve booked everything!
People are actually RSVPing….
Thankfully we’ve avoided a lot of wedding drama that I read about so frequently on wedding forums, so I’m counting myself lucky
Post # 15
Things are going. The list of stuff to do is getting smaller. That’s all I have to say.
Post # 16
– Several guests we invited with children are leaving their children at home.
– I sent FMIL a link to a gorrrrgeous bouquet from a local florist with the comment “I found the perfect bouquet…but lollllllllllllllll they are joking with that price! That’s nearly the entire cost of ALL of the flowers I’d planned on getting.” She replied back, “Get whatever you want, I’m paying.” The answer is still no, because the very idea of paying THAT MUCH for one bouquet makes me sick to my stomach. I can get more than enough flowers to DIY for about $30 more.