August Honeymoon under $2000??? All Inclusive?

posted 3 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
457 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I can tell you don’t come to Florida, because it’s rainy season here too. What place is August not a rainy season?

Post # 4
457 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I just typed in Google, for no rain in August,a nd “Glacier National Park” in Montana popped up….. You’d probably have to honeymoon up north somewhere, because down south it rains around that time.

Post # 5
7997 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

How about somewhere like Las Vegas? Or maybe somewhere in Arizona? Both places have scorching hot weather with little rain in August.

You can get some awesome Vegas deals. Most of the hotels have excellent pools. You can do day trips to the Grand Canyon and other stuff if you don’t want to stay on the strip the entire time.

I’ve been to Mexico a couple of times, and while you can get all-inclusives at that price, I’d caution against it. You really get what you pay for. If you care at all about food, I wouldn’t recommend it.

Post # 6
6812 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2014

Anything in the islands is going to be rainy season because it’s technically hurricane season from May-November.

I’ve been to the bahamas in June and Riviera Maya, Mx in August and it didn’t rain one time either of those times. Really, tropical storms start around August and September and hurricanes start in September and October and granted, there have been hurricanes earlier than September, but I would probably bet you’re fine on the “rainy season” (tropical rainy season usually means a 15 minute shower in the late afternoon or overnight anyway). 

Otherwise, I would think about maybe doing Cali or something up north somewhere. The weather will be cooler, less humid and probably less rainy.

Post # 7
11379 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

@FutureMrsRoos:  you can sometimes get a reasonable 1 week ai holiday in cuba, including the flight.  just remember, it will be rainy season all over the caribbean.  that does not necessarily mean that it will be rainy all of the time though.  you never know, sometimes it will only rain for 20 minutes each day in the afternoon and then dry up.

Post # 8
1773 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@FutureMrsRoos:  hey, I just came back from 8 days, 7 nights in cancun, Mexico all inclusive for $1600! It never rained while we were there, and it was August! The resort is called the Golden Parnassus. 🙂 food, drinks, alcohol, flights, room, shuttles to and from the airport- all included! 

Post # 10
1773 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@FutureMrsRoos:  nope it was sunny! As pp mentioned before, it’s always going to be rain season in the carribean during that time; it doesn’t mean it will be raining, it just means it’s a time when it could rain, just like in the USA so I wouldnt dwell on that too much. In the 8 days I was there, it wasn’t overcast or rainy, just sunny. I have a thread where I put up some pictures, check it out

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors