AUTUMN 2015 Brides…Where are you??!!!

posted 3 years ago in October 2015
Post # 3
298 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@maReeposa:  ok so you’re kinda like I was… “my wedding is 2 years away, wtf do i do?”

well, i figured out exactly what i wanted and just started doing stuff. started on the centerpieces, ordered the save the dates that wouldn’t be going out for 1 1/2 years…. little things!

Post # 5
251 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

I started already but most things are already booking or booked up for 2015 here lol

Post # 6
45 posts
Newbee

@maReeposa:  I’m in October 2015 as well and know what you mean about not knowing what to do besides stare at our shiny rings hehe. So far we’ve booked a garden for our ceremony (it’ll be Spring in Australia), and the reception venue. We’ll probably book our photographer and videographer within the next couple of months as well because I’ve been finding that booking in early allows us to lock in current prices even though it’s still 2 years away.

I’ve also started researching and comparing where to get my wedding stationery/decorations/favours/bridesmaid dresses etc etc so that when the time comes I know exactly where to order from Sealed

Post # 7
295 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

This is just how I feel!

We booked our venue a week and a half ago (exactly two years to the day!) So now, we’re just like…sitting…and thinking about things we want.

But this year we will probably take care of the venue/reception hall(check), photographer and DJ…bascially the things that book up. But it’s hard not to just jump right in! 

I dislike that pretty much every planning timeline out there is for one year or less.

Post # 8
765 posts
Busy bee

@maReeposa:  Hey there!! i’m October 3rd 2015!! We ALMOST picked the 17th but realized that it’s sweetest day. So we chose the 3rd instead. So what i’m doing right now is a whole lot of planning. Where i’m from we plan our weddings up to two years away though. We tend to have upwards of 200 guests at any given wedding so it takes a lot of planning and a LOT of saving! Right now we’re making up a guest list, and we’re registered to go to two bridal shows this month alone. We booked our date with our church yesterday and we had engagement pictures taken yesterday so we can send them to out of the country family members and because let’s face it… i’ts just fun to buy a cute outfit and take pictures with the love of your life 🙂 starting January we’re going to go looking at venues and hopefully book one. As soon as Royal Caribbean comes up with their 2015 cruise schedule we’ll be booking our honemoon. Enjoy every minute of planning!!!!

Post # 9
1 posts
Wannabee

October 24, 2015 here! My fiance and I wanted a longer engagement so that we can take it easy on planning. We already booked a venue – it was our top choice and we didn’t look at any others. It’s a garden in our neighborhood that has a meadow overlooking the Philadelphia skyline.

I’m in the same boat not knowing what steps to take right now. We plan on booking the photographer ASAP because that’s super important to us, and we have a friend who will DJ for a discounted price.. We sort of know which caterer we’re going to use, but feel funny discussing a meal that’s two years away. I feel like a bit of a weirdo contacting these vendors so far in advance, but I know it has its advantages (lower pricing, etc).

717 more days to go.. hahaha.

Post # 11
295 posts
Helper bee

@maReeposa:  Ooh I can’t wait to start ordering sample invites! And I hear you on the fitness stuff. I’m already thinking diets, skin care, hair care…because all that usually takes awhile to really start making a difference.

Post # 12
1666 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

@maReeposa:  I feel like such a slacker. I haven’t done anything yet, but I also just got engaged this past weekend. Lol!

We want to get married in the Fall of 2015, so we’ll have just about two year engagement. I have some stuff on pinterest and bookmarks for different wedding stuff (like venues, dresses, etc.) but I haven’t discussed that with him yet. I think tonight or this weekend I’ll start showing him or talking with him about budget and the couple of other things I feel really need to be discussed before Tax Season starts in January – Tax Season means he really has no life whatsoever between January and early May, so pre-planning would be left to me.

Post # 15
22 posts
Newbee

October 10th here! We just got engaged this Thanksgiving but have been in the “pre-engaged” stage for quite some time, as I asked him to wait a little while to ask because of gradschool pushing out when we would be able to get married.

I’ve already done quite a lot of planning and had the date in mind before he asked, haha. I feel a bit odd deciding how much detail to go into when talking weddings with relatives, some of them think it odd how much I already know I want as we just now got engaged. Buuuuut, a girls gotta have a plan, right? 🙂

I’m already in love with a venue (both price and looks) and am hoping to go on a tour with FI during my winter break when I am back home and hopefully make our deposit then. I know having all this time will be a huge positive in trying to plan while away at school. 

I’d really like to lock all the other big stuff in soon too, but my mom thinks I’m jumping the gun. With our budget though (around 12,000) I really want to make sure  we  get the affordable but high quality vendors before they are all taken! Anyone else experience this?

Post # 16
295 posts
Helper bee

@antique_acorn:  Congrats on your engagement! And yes, I have experienced this. Surprisingly, not one vendor or relative has looked at us like we’re insane for planning now.

In fact, my mom’s friend (a wedding photographer) said October is now the busiest wedding month for her, and she has had COUNTLESS inquiries for October/November 2015. So it’s best to research and book those big items that need to be scheduled as soon as possible! 

So far we’ve just got reception venue (which also happens to be ceremony hall and caterer) and next up is photographer.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors