(Closed) B&B in Buffalo, NY?

posted 7 years ago in Travel
Post # 3
3526 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Woot! Woot! Do you know where the wedding is?

B&Bs

Honu House

Beau Fleuve

Here are some resources for you from a NYC transplant turned Buffalonian. it’s a wonderful city. πŸ™‚ Dress warm!

http://artvoice.com/ It’s like NYC’s Village Voice

Home

http://www.buffalochow.com/buffalofoods.html  Great for food reviews. πŸ™‚

Visit Elmwood Village if you can, it’s a great area with lots of local shops and artisans.

What are your hobbies and interests and I can give you some better site recommendations that’s not Niagara Falls! πŸ™‚

Post # 5
2135 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I would check out some of the B&B’s in Ellicottville, NY. Its about an hour south of Buffalo, but its gorgeous. it is a skiing community in the winter, and now the ski resory (Holiday Valley) has an outdorr adventure park. I used to drive thru E-ville all the time on my way to college, its a gorgeous little town, and the B&B’s all look fabulous.

Post # 6
3526 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@Leprechaun:

I’ve been to a wedding there, and I believe their sole caterer is Olivers, the food was fantastic!

In that case staying near downtown/Elmwood Village area will be best for you. πŸ™‚

If you enjoy breweries there is Flying Bison Brewery. Often on weekends they have flight school where you can tour the brewery and make a brew and taste the previous flight school’s brew. My husband and I have been meaning to tour the brewery but yet to get around to it! πŸ™‚

Pearl St Brewery downtown also has brews their own beer and is also a restaurant.

Ellicottville imo will make a great day trip, not sure if you would want to drive that distance after a wedding. There’s Ellicotville Brewing Company which has their own brewery and restaurant. Great food too! And it’s a quaint little town.

Buffalo has no shortage of microbreweries! Go into any Consumer Beverages and there are TONS of local microbreweries available there.

Delaware Park is downtown and beautiful on a fall day to walk through. πŸ™‚

I don’t know of specific antique stores but Allentown area has a bunch of antique stores.

Left Bank always is a good meal (dressy casual) and very reasonable.

Kuni’s on Elmwood has really great sushi.

If you are into Puerto Rican food, Niagara Cafe on Niagara St has some of the best PR food around in any city imo. Def get their tostones, their sauce is to die for and not found anywhere else. Trust me, we’ve all looked! πŸ˜‰

To try a little “Buffalo” get some sponge candyy from Parkside candy on main st, some of the best imo!

If you’re near a Teds Hot Dog run in and grab a hot dog. They serve Sahlen’s and that’s only available in WNY!

Wings (how can you not?) from La Nova Pizzeria.

Betty’s, Shango, Trattoria Aroma are all great brunch places.

You will be surprised by the wide range and great food Buffalo has to offer, I’ll take a look at those blogs I linked to. A great resource for food research since I don’t know your taste buds. If you have any specific cuisines for lunch or dinner let me know and I can make a reco! πŸ™‚

Friday nights are free admission to the Albright Knox Art Gallery ( right next to Buffalo Historical Society.

Martin House
tour is a must if you’re a architecture Buff. Graycliff Estate is a 30 minute drive from downtown.

P.S. http://www.mansionondelaware.com/ is another upscale B&B but a bit pricey.

Have I overwhelmed you yet?? πŸ˜€

Feel free to PM me with any specific questions. πŸ™‚

Post # 7
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@Leprechaun:

also a Ohio girl…..if you have passports & like a little vino – I highly reccomend Nigara on the Lake. There are plenty of B&B’s to choose from or vacation rentals. http://www.niagaraonthelake.com/page/Accommodations

Go a couple days early or stay a couple days after the wedding – I promise you will not be disapointed. But you will need passports to get into Canada. It’s a short 30 drive from Buffalo area, depending on bridges!! Plus you can check out the Falls!! And even a casion if that’s your style!

The Buffalo Mansion is great – but pricey! Let us know where your wedding is at so we can help you on location. We don’t want to put you on the other side of town! Buffalo is small, but not that small!

The topic ‘B&B in Buffalo, NY?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors