(Closed) Babies & Seating

posted 10 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
735 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2009

I’m going to hire a couple sitters and have the kids in a seperate area or room. BUT I am also probably going to have the reception at a church so they already have a nursery…. 

maybe have the highchairs in a  seperate area and let the parents use them if they want to.  

Post # 4
1458 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

I would have to say, it depends on how old the baby is, if they are still unable to sit up than the paretns mormally bring car seats with them (the carry kind) with. I always did – this would mean a no for the chair, but if they can sit up and would require a booster or highchair then yes I would make room.

You could always call your venue and see how they have done it in the past. 

I havnen’t had this issue persoanlly as I am not haivng kids at my wedding, after figureing out that it would cost me $1000 extra in chicken fingers, I opted for an adult reception, only with the wedding party kids at the early half of the dinner and dance.

Post # 5
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2008

If it isn’t too much of a hassle, I would try to sit these people at tables with less people or near a corner, so that they have more room for a car seat, booster seat, etc.  That way the parents can have the babies near them, but without taking an extra seat at the table.

Post # 6
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2007 - Ceremony at a cement and stained glass cathedral and reception at a boutique hotel ballroom

I spoke with my facility and babies count for a place setting/space at the table, but not a headcount in terms of food. i also plan to seat the babies closer to the exits since the parents will probably have to access the doors more for feeding/changing purposes.

Post # 7
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

We also hired a babysitter for our reception and it turned out great! Parents will probably bring a babyseat or bassinet if their child is too small to sit on their own. The site should have a few high chairs around, and it shoudln’t be a problem for them to get them to you (even at the last minute). But my site asked me in advance so they knew where to have them. Agree with the poster who said try to seat them in a corner where they’ll have more space.

The topic ‘Babies & Seating’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors