Babyfever:: game plan operation TTC…. late 2015

posted 2 years ago in Married Life
Post # 2
4043 posts
Honey bee

ladyw:  Yep, but we are planning on waiting longer. We got married last August and will be celebrating 11 years together this August. I am only 26 and he is almost 28, so we want to wait until I am 30. 

It’s crazy, I haven’t really had baby fever until the past 3-4 months and I am trying to make it go away (I work in education and even being around misbehaving children isn’t stopping it). But our plans are to pay off our remaing student loans, go to Europe and the East Coast for vacations, pay extra on our mortgage and then build our savings up again before we TTC. We should be able to tackle that in the nex 4-5 years.

Post # 3
751 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

ladyw:  hi! i could have written this post! We will go off birth control August 2015, so about a year from now. This may sound odd but how i control my baby fever is to do research on all things baby. I find when my husband and i dont talk about babies if festers and grows in me and i have no outlet. But hearing him be excited and hear what i am reading about it just helps… I think its a combination of talking about our dreams for starting our family and talking about how waiting a little longer we can be in a better situation and enjoy it even a little bit more and live out our dreams…

We are also saying a bit each week.  Im hoping between 50-100 a week. Some weeks might be less and some more.  

I wonder what kind of cool baby stuff we will out when we have babies! New strollers? Pumps? Baby gear or mama gear? 

Im a dreamer… Lol

Post # 4
7664 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2013 - UK

If I could give a (random) piece of advice? Depending on your age, you may have to factor in the fact that you might not get pregnant right away…. it could take a long time. Some people try for years.

Just something to consider… again, depending on your age.

Post # 7
728 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I’m not in the same situation now (as my LO is 3 months old), but I was there a couple years ago. What helped me was to start to track my cycles and prepare my body for pregnancy. I got to know my body and my cycles really well which made TTC less of a mistery for me. I found trying not to think about it made the baby fever worse. Good luck with the wait and congrats in advance! Positive thinking is always the best way to go about it!

Post # 8
1055 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

DH and I alternate getting baby fever. Ultimately, we want to wait til we get our house and take one last Sandals vacation for awhile. Plan was house in October, Sandals in December but the house has been pushed back to December. Unfortunately that means the “pre-babymoon” won’t happen til Spring since I can’t take vacation at work from January til April 15!  

I look at baby pinterest stuff constantly but won’t let myself pin them yet!

Post # 9
7664 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2013 - UK

ladyw:  Well, if you’re in your mid 20s then I think you’ll probably be OK, LOL!

I only say this because I’m 30 and have been trying for 7 months and counting…

Post # 10
470 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

ladyw:  yes 🙂 

FI and I are getting married this November. We’ll be starting TTC mid to late next year. theres a few things left on our baby to do list, and it should all be done by then!! 

Post # 11
17 posts
  • Wedding: May 2011

We are! I will be going off the pill in october (thats when my prescrition runs out and i don’t want to refill it!) And will be charting to aviod until spring/summer 2015 when we will start ttc! I agree with MrsMath on the charting, i definitely think it will help keep me occupied and help me understand everything better:) 

Post # 12
979 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

We are getting married in June of next year, and my IUD has to come out in May… we haven’t decided when we’ll TTC, originally we were thinking August, but we’ll probably just see if we’re ready then or not. I already have two children (4 and 6) so I dont want to wait too much longer, but at the same time, we’re kinda enjoying the kids been pretty independent right now.

Post # 13
1028 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I get baby fever all the time. Its really hard at family events cause three of my cousins have babies under 1. But we plan on this time next year. We just bought a house in April and are working on paying off debt from that. I too just look up the cost of day care around here and that helps settle the fever for now. 

Post # 14
706 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

We just got married last month and baby fever is killing me now. The original plan was to start trying next month, but we have decided on August or September 2015. I won’t graduate nursing school until May 2016 and would like to complete my boards before baby arrives. For now, we are tackling as much debt as possible and hope to buy a house in the spring of 2016..also before a baby comes!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors