Bachelorette Party 911!!!!!! Need Ideas!!!

posted 3 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
8910 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

Go out on a boat in the bay or ocean or whatever is near Philly?  Wine tasting?  A spa and just do massages / etc rather than skin treatments?

Post # 4
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@helen_rita:  We are going to a place called Uptown Art where you paint as a group. They give you instructions on how to do the entire thing and you get to take your 16 x 24 painting home with you. You get to drink wine or beer while you do it too. It’s relatively cheap. I’ve noticed they don’t have a location in Pennsylvania, but maybe there is something similar you could search out? It’s a big thing down here in the South lately. Definitely different and pretty much risk free! But I also second the winery idea. That would be nice!

Post # 5
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Does the bride drink?  Wine tasting?  Brewery tours?  You could always just do a ladies sleepover.  

Post # 6
606 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@lolot:  Those are great ideas!  Also, what about a comedy show?  Or, is she a sports fan?  Dinner followed by a night baseball game would also be fun but low key.

Post # 7
5351 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2009

Dinner then to see a live band, jazz bar for chilled music, or improv comedy show. 

Post # 8
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Ask the bride! See what she wants to do! Shame on that MOH!

Side note – if you do anything outside make sure the bride wears sunscreen! She doesn’t need to be fried for her wedding day!! 🙂

Post # 10
790 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@helen_rita:  

WHATEVER you do DO NOT go to the Cave, there website is very deceiving, we just took our soon to be bride there for hers, she loved it but shes easy to please but we both hated it it was so cheap and the stage looked like it was made of milk cartons…LORD…Dont go their!

I would love a spa day, but did you said “we’re scared to take her to a spa three days before her wedding” what about just junk food and chick flicks if shes really simple an a home-body.

Post # 11
3514 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

@helen_rita:  Sex and the city tour!!!! It’s in New york and tons of fun! Plus cheap!

Post # 12
1689 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Tuesday night:

Have the girls over for a sleepover.  Get some super throw back movies (like Clueless) and some board games. 

Wednesday Day:

Wake everyone up by 9, and head out for a beach day (I’m assume you are about an hour away from the Jersey Shore). Get pastries and coffee made up beforehand so everyone can grab and head out the door. 

If you are feeling creative, get matching sarongs for you guys and something slightly different for her.  It will make super cute beach photos.  I got one recently from Ocean State Job Lot for $5 and get compliments a lot.

Wednesday Night:

Head back to Philly around 3:00.  Let the girls shower and change.  Then head out for Tapas around 6:00 (I’d pre-order and work it into the price for the girls).  Let everyone snack and drink (for maximum cute photos for the bride, ask every girl to bring a little black dress and ask the bride to wear something colorful).

Then head out to a show of your choice: comedy, local, etc.

Then hit up a wine bar afterwards for a night cap.

Hopefully this gives you some idea 🙂

Post # 13
452 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I’ve been brainstorming ideas for my best friends bachelorette party as she told me outright she didn’t want to go out drinking either.

Currently I’m thinking we all get dressed up and go out for a nice dinner together then come home for an old fashioned girls night sleepover.  Wedding themed movies all night like bridesmaids, the wedding singer, etc. and maybe some at home DIY spa treatments (like honey and banana face masks).  They have recipe books for at home spa treatments that you could look at or even a quick google search.

Although, again- 3 days before the wedding you don’t want to put anything on your faces that could cause a breakout, etc.  Maybe just endugle in a few yummy snacks!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors