- 8 years ago
- Wedding: August 2010
A few weekends ago I had a dual bachelorette party with my best friend, we are each others MOHs and share many of the same friends. We both had BM S in our wedding parties and so we call her the communal BM LOL!
S actually lives in Long Island and so she took over the majority of the planning for the weekend; however, all the BMs came and 1 other friend – there was 6 of us total.
There were a few hiccups on our road trip down to long island from Canada, such as a car breaking down on the highway and me forgetting my passport – but everything worked out in the end.
The Friday night after we arrived we went out in Long Island and had a good time with S’s local friends. And a fun taking some pictures:
Here is a pic of both brides with all the BMs and friend:
This is a fun pic of me with my BMs:
The following day we took the train down to NYC. S did such a great job with planning our NYC events. Bride #1 and I are such huge SATC fans as well as all of the BMs and so she planned us a SATC themed Bachelorette in NYC.
First she took us to TAO which was a restaurant that was filmed in SATC. She didn’t know which episode and so we spent the whole night guessing. The restaurant was incredible, EVERYONE loved their meal and if any of you bees go you MUST have the avocado tempura – it was divine!
Do you know which episode it was?
– we found a girl who worked there to ask her (most of the waiters were men and ours had no clue which episode it was ) It turns out it was the episode in Season 4 I think when Carrie was dating “The Jazz Man” and she went to Tao and Big showed up with a model. Carrie walked in on Big’s date doing Crack in the bathroom.
We watched the episode when we got back to S’s place and it is so funny because Big Says “Turn Left at the Buddha hunny!” to his date and the bathrooms truly are left of a massive Buddha. But the bathrooms are different than what was filmed in the episode.
That night we went to a fun bar in the meat packing district called Marquis, I think!
S created a Bride Wars themed photo scavenger hunt for the night! For Bride #1 and I to compete against each other and made us wear ridiculous items – it was tons of fun!
The next day the BMs surprise Bride #1 and I with the NYC SATC tour. It was a blast! We got to:
- drink Cosmos at the Steve’s Bar “Scout”
- Go to Budhakan where Carrie and Big had their Rehearsal Dinner in Movie #1
- Eat the cupcakes that Carrie and Miranda eat in the park when Miranda tells Carrie she’s moving to Brooklyn
- Go to the “Pleasure Chest” where Charlotte got her Pink Rabbit
- and so on…