Post # 1
I still have a year and 2 months before my wedding, but it is definately time to get back on the fitness wagon! I have gotten myself a personal trainer (currently cannot move from yesterdays session) and am looking forward to seeing some weight loss.
My trainer was saying that really it comes down to diet… now I eat pretty healthily but I dont deny myself a treat either… how far do you all take diet? Should I go down the route of broccoli and steamed chicken or should I stick with my mostly healthy diet and work out more?
Post # 3
I’m big on moderation and the 80/20 principle. If you eat 80% healthily, the other 20% doesn’t really matter. Treats are good for the soul.
Post # 4
@mepayne: Love that – treats are good for the soul. It does keep you happy on tough days a little treat!
Post # 5
i agree. if you want to be happy and be able to commit to a healthy eating style for life, you need to give yourself some slack every once in awhile. Strict diets where you have to give up your favorite treats forever just don’t last forever. It needs to be a diet you can live with for the long term.
Try eating smaller meals with plenty of protein and veggies and fruits every couple of hours. When I was doing Insanity, I lost weight even though I was eating MORE food and MORE often than I normally do. But I was making really healthy food choices according to their nutrition plan and exercising and increasing my metabolism. I ate every 3 hours (approximately) and my meals were all around 300 calories. It was hard to get five meals a day sometimes but Shakeology and the pbj sandwich meal in the nutrition plan saved me haha. I never felt like I was hungry or missing out on food because I was giving my body enough fuel and the right fuel.
Most importantly, make sure you come up with a diet that you can stick to. Don’t crash diet and make your body feel like it’s missing out on something. Do it the right way.