(Closed) Bad sea sickness & cruises

posted 8 years ago in Travel
Post # 3
531 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

a lot of people had the dramamine patch behind their ear, and they were drinking.  I only had a problem 1 night other than that there is so much going on during the cruise it is really hard to tell.  Its so fun

Post # 5
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2018

i swear by ginger pills. worked for me!

Post # 7
6572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2010

my brother is horrible with motion sickness and he’s done a few cruises. like you, he can’t do amusement park rides. he’s recently gotten sick from a “wild” golf cart ride, and even going down a water slide that had a few turns. literally, two little turns. he’s pretty bad. i think he uses a patch behind his ear, and he’s usually fine, unless they happen to have an unusual rocky night.

Post # 8
1956 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Tannery Pond at the Darrow School

I’m totally like you, can’t do amusement park rides, anything in motion makes me sick.  I went on one cruise a few years back and honestly, I was pretty miserable for most of it…I tried the dramamine pills and some gum the medic on the ship gave me but neither really worked and even when they did, I never felt %100 normal while on the ship…Personally, it was not a fun experience for me and I decided I wouldn’t do another cruise bc it’s not worth the waste of money…Some of these suggested remedies might work but it def sucks if they don’t since you’re stuck on the ship for the week or whatever…

Post # 10
4466 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

@yrret: Seriously, my sister has tried everything.  And she has bizarre reactions to medication so she tries to avoid Dramamine.  Just make sure and follow the instructions carefully about wear to place them and stuff. 

And plus, they have cute designs :o)

Post # 12
135 posts
Blushing bee

There were only a few moments when I actually felt the boat moving—when it first left port, when I was running on the treadmill and, oddly enough, when I sat down on the toilet.  Sitting down at dinner didn’t bother me, but I think it was because I was facing the direction the boat was moving.  Others at the table said they could feel it moving.  I saw lots of people with the patches behind their ears.  We took pills with us.  Mr. DE took one later on in the trip because he thought the motion of the boat was getting to him a little.  He was fine for the last two days of our cruise.

Post # 13
3098 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

I have HORRIBLE motion sickness… I always have to drive, I can’t even ride (unless my husband is driving, I’m used to his and he will slow down, etc if I need him to, though I still get sick at times), I could never ride an amusement park ride, I can’t go to Imax movies, I can’t play racing video games or watch movies with a shaky camera (like Blair Witch) and I would never go on a cruise, as much as I want to, because I’m so scared I’ll be sick the whole time.

My mom has a little bit of motion sickness issues (nowhere near mine) and she wore some wrist band thing on one and was fine). But I have a friend that never gets motion sickness and she went on a cruise for her honeymoon and had motion sickness the entire time. I really don’t think there’s any way to tell how it will affect you, I’m just too chicken to try. :/

The topic ‘Bad sea sickness & cruises’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors