(Closed) Barn Venue in Tri-State Area for Fall 2012?

posted 6 years ago in New Jersey – North Central New Jersey
Post # 4
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Happy happy christmas engagement! I think Gedney farm in Mass. is a barn and I went to a wedding once also at Old bethpage Village in Bethpage NY. 

Post # 6
1 posts
  • Wedding: June 2013

I’ve been looking for something like what you’re describing as well so here’s what i’ve found, maybe it will help:

Crossed Keys Bed and Breakfast Inn:
289 Pequest Road ~ Andover, New Jersey 07821

The Raritan Inn at Middle Valley
526 County Road 513
Califon, NJ 07830

The Inn at Fernbrook Farms
142 Bordentown-Georgetown Road (Route 545), Chesterfield Township, NJ

The Wooverton Inn – InnInnkeepers: Carolyn McGavin & Bob Haas
6 Woolverton Road, Stockton, NJ 08559

The Inn at Barley Sheaf Farm
5281 York Road – Holicong, PA – 18928

The Chimney Hill Inn
207 Goat Hill Road ~ Lambertville, New Jersey (NJ) 08530

The Barn at Birchwood
385 Bridge Street – Collegeville, PA – 19426

Some of the websites do not do these sites any justice, and in my desparation to find a place to fit my rustic-barn-vintage feel i’ve visited all of these aside from the barn at birchwood and the inside of chimney hill (saw the property of chimney hill when i did a drive by at night coming home from barley sheaf and it was beautiful).  I do plan to re-visit chimney hill and take a proper tour.

Good Luck!

Post # 8
11 posts
  • Wedding: April 2013

I don’t know if Queens NY is too far for you, but there is a farm in Queens that has site rentals and it has been used for weddings before.

Post # 9
2 posts
  • Wedding: April 2013

hey- i was wondering if you happen to find anything. I am in the same exact boat and have looked at all the places google and everyone else has recommended. I am now resorting to looking for an old warehouse. any help would be great.

Post # 10
107 posts
Blushing bee

Have you tried Bucks Co, PA? I don’t know a venue in particular, but try around Solebury/New Hope/Doylestown. Sorry I can’t be more helpful!

Post # 11
107 posts
Blushing bee

Howellfarm.org. I have no idea if they do events, but it is a great place!

Post # 12
107 posts
Blushing bee

Prallsville Mill in Stockton (near Wolverton Inn)

Cant believe I didn’t thinkif this before- I grew up around here and I always remember thinking if I ever got married, I’d want it tobe here! On the beautiful Delaware River!

Sorry I’m making multiple comments, I’m on my iPad and switching back and forth is a pain.

Good luck!

Post # 15
5 posts
  • Wedding: August 2015

Ms.Sugarsnap:  Hello! I knwo this is a really old post but I am recently engaged and from the same general area and literally looking for the same thing. I grew up on the border of ny, nj, and PA and you think there would be ONE barn type place to rent, right? not at all! They’re all far upstate toward albany/kingston. I wanted to ask you what venue you ended up getting married at! Thanks in advance for your reply! 

The topic ‘Barn Venue in Tri-State Area for Fall 2012?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors