(Closed) Bday Gifts for 4 & 2 yrd old girls?

posted 7 years ago in Holidays
Post # 3
562 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Books! Even if they already have a lot, books are sooooo beneficial for young children! Some of my favorites are Fancy Nancy, the David books (No, David is the first one), and Click, Clack, Moo (and other books by Doreen Cronin). Once my friends and family members start having kids, you better believe that they will be getting a book from me every birthday and Christmas!

Post # 4
427 posts
Helper bee

Lots of stores have really cute dress up clothes and plastic shoes. My daughter loved them when she was 4. For the 2 year old, I would get maybe a baby doll and a stroller to go with it. Kids love pushing their “babies” around! 🙂

Post # 5
687 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I agree with both of the PPs. My niece just turned four and I bought her a ton of dress up clothes, play jewelry, and shoes, a wand, some fairy wings and a bunch of other fun things. Then I bought a fabric covered box and put everything inside. I also put a Fancy Nancy – I Can Read! – book in there that was all about pretending and dressing up. She LOVED IT! And her mom liked it too because she can entertain herself. ust have fun with it! 

Post # 6
7587 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

V-Tech toys for the 4 year old. My bonus son is 3 and a half and he loves all of these learning toys. They’re great for taking in the car too on long drives. 

Post # 7
6010 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

If you decide to do a dress up box/dress up clothes, I’d suggest going to a local thrift store.  My cousin made the most amazing box for her little girls from thrift store finds; it had 80’s prom dresses, awesome hats, gloves, wraps, etc… at a really cheap cost.

Also, for the 2 year old, I’ve seen little doll carriers that look like baby carriers (only, obviously, smaller and lighter).  Maybe something like that would go over well?  Then she could take her baby doll everywhere with her!

Post # 8
131 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

A girl can never have too many dress us clothes! My 4 year old has a TON of them, all over my house, and it’s great. You can never go wrong with books or puzzles, or flash cards at that age either. My 2 year old just got a pack-n-play for her babies and it’s the best toy in the world to her. she loves it and is using it all the time. Something like that with a little blanket for her babies might be perfect!

Post # 9
231 posts
Helper bee

I just got a 4 year old a game called Hoot Owl Hoot. It is a cooperative game with cute little owls and is eco friendly! She loves it! 

I also got her BOB books. They are great for starting to learn how to read. I used them when teaching. 

The topic ‘Bday Gifts for 4 & 2 yrd old girls?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors