- 9 years ago
- Wedding: June 2009
i just discovered the most AMAZING thing!!
all you need is:
A NEW TOILET PLUNGER (from the dollar store)
2 bricks of floral foam
1/4" floral tape
Disposable foam paintbrush 1" wide
a pot or planter
Assorted fresh (or silk) flowers
- Cut brick of floral foam to fit inside container.
Tip: An easy way to get the floral foam the correct size is to shove the brick down into the pot instead of cutting it.
- Cut smaller pieces of floral foam to fill in space in the pot, if necessary.
- Shove toilet-plunger handle into floral foam with rubber bowl facing up.
- Cut remaining floral-foam block to fit into rubber bowl.
- Cut smaller pieces of floral foam to fill any spaces in rubber bowl.
- Strap floral foam in rubber bowl with florist tape, crisscrossing tape to hang over sides of plunger bowl. Wrap another length of florist tape around rubber bowl to secure overhanging tape.
- Use paintbrush to spread white glue onto plunger handle.
- Press handfuls of oak moss onto wet glue to cover handle.
- Insert plant material into rubber bowl. Use additional plant material to hang over and cover rubber bowl, or use glue and moss.
- Cover the floral foam in the container with sphagnum or Spanish moss. Add plants, twigs, etc., as desired.