Post # 1
Rentals are blowing my mind right now… We specifically chose a venue that has what I thought was about half the stuff we needed. Right now this quote I have is about 2x what I was planning for…
What did you plan to spend? What did you end up spending? Did you negotiate???
Things we are looking to rent include:
1) 130 chiavari chairs for dinner (Because 10 months AFTER signing our venue contract they told us they actually only have half as many chairs as they promised… can I do anything about this?!?!)
2) 130 chargers… the venue can’t manage to send me a picture, describe, or even give me a count of theirs, so I’m assuming for now I need to rent… If I wasn’t hours away I would be dropping by… I might still..
3) Dinner tables, linens, & a few extra small tables for other stuff
4) Stage & lighting for live band
5) Dance floor
6) Large Umbrellas for ceremony musicians
7) A small fortune in Patio Heaters for our outdoor reception
8) Market/string lights
9) 4 pieces of “lounge furniture”
10) Yet unknown additional florist’s rentals…
BLAH.. This is my low point of planning/budgeting
Post # 3
We had a larger wedding but didn’t have rentals (everything came included in the reception package), however I just wanted to wish you luck bump this up for you so other bees can weigh in! Good luck!
Post # 4
rentals? anyone? bueller?
Post # 5
I haven’t had my wedding yet, but our rentals are definitely going to be a lot more than what I expected. Our venue comes fully supplied so I didn’t think I’d have to rent anything. But, now I’m realizing how much I hate the chairs and the linens and the venue doesn’t have enough bar tables. I’m negotiating with a few rental companies now, but I don’t know if I’ll be successful yet!
Post # 6
- Wedding: April 2013 - ceremony at a gazebo outside, reception at neighboring restaurant on a lake
We had our reception at a restaurant on a lake that had a beautiful interior with stone pillars and french doors. We went with their white table cloths and linens (even though the colors were soft pink and ivory) because white is close enough (it would’ve cost money to get something other than white that they already had). No chargers. Just had the regular chairs they had which were two different kinds since they seemingly didn’t have enough chairs for the number of people we had. So we didn’t rent anything for the reception – just paid for food. Sister in laws made cake and did decorations/centerpieces. I made all the flowers myself out of paper. So our cake/decorations/flowers cost a total of about $70.
For the ceremony we rented 110 of the cheapest chairs we could find which was 1.50 a piece.
I don’t regret it at all because it was beautiful!! And most people don’t notice all the small things like what kind of chair they are sitting in. If it is comfortable then it is fine. You won’t even have time to enjoy your chairs/chargers/etc because every two steps you take to even try to look at something, someone will stop you to hug you and talk to you! Drop everything from your list of rental stuff that you possibly can and just enjoy the people the day of. We set our budget super low and stuck to it and don’t regret it at all!!!