Post # 1
So I’m having the hardest time choosing a ring bearer (or deciding if we even want one?) we’ve already asked our little flower girl, she was easy, she was really the only little girl we know lol but shes an absolute doll. Shes the daughter of fi’s cousin and will be 2 years and 8 months old at the wedding, though she looks nearly 3-4 now and she just turned 2, so shes a fairly mature looking little thing for her age. She also speaks well, is well behaved and can walk like a model. Perfect!
heres the hard part… i really want a young man to escort her, but there are quite a few boys on both sides and because it will be a child free wedding, the only little boy at the reception will be the ring bearer. So here are my top contenders:
1. My nephew. He will only be 10 months old at the time though… His parents are both in the wedding party. I am not ok with a baby crying during any part of my wedding, and he would have to be able to independently walk down the aisle (i dont like the wagons or someone carrying the ring bearer… Theres just no point to even having a ring bearer if they cant carry the rings down the aisle!)… It just doesnt seem feasible, but my mother is convinced he WILL be the ring bearer because he is her only grandson and is the light of her life at the moment… Great.
2. my cousins kid 1. He is 5 years old, a little “sensitive” and very very shy. I would be worried about him even making it down the aisle but he is the oldest of my options.
3. My cousins kid 2. Brother of the young man above, he is 4 and is CRAZY. Off the walls, insane nut job. Hes pretty much a wild beast.
4. My cousins kid 3. his father is brothers with choice 2 & 3s father. He is 3 and is a little doll. He looks like a cabbage patch kid and is calm and obedient. His grandmother (my aunt) has been accused of favouring him over her other grandchildren though, so i worry that choosing him will create more tension in the family.
5. Fi’s cousins kid is 4, and I dont know much about him. I’ve never met him, but I was quite close with his mom (fi’s cousin) when she lived with fi.
6. No ring bearer!
Post # 3
I say #4 for the photos or #5, to keep the family peace, but I would choose #4. Just say #1 can’t walk and you didn’t want to make #2 and #3 jealous of eachother. Ring bearers are too cute to leave out!
Post # 4
@dv3849: It sounds like “cousins kid 3” is the best choice – BUT, you never know how a kid will act at any given time. I highly doubt your nephew will be able to walk down the aisle on his own at 10 months, my nephew will be turning 1 this month and just learned to walk like a month ago. And he definitely wouldn’t make it all the way down an aisle.
Post # 5
@dv3849: Theres just no point to even having a ring bearer if they cant carry the rings down the aisle!)…
Most weddings I have been to the ring bearer doesnt actually carry the ring, since its a little kid. Usually they carry the pillow but the best man holds the rings.
Post # 6
I’d say no ring bearer. You can’t ask one cousins son to be the ring bearer and have his siblings not even invited or another cousins kids not even there. It could create unnessary drama. I think the nephew would be the obvious choice as he is the most closely related, however 10 months is a little young, and it is doubtful he’d be able to do it by himself like you wanted. But if he is well behaved, it might be cute and special
Post # 7
My son is autistic and he is usually out of control most of the time. He was a perfect little angel on our wedding day though RIGHT BEFORE he was to walk down the aisle he didn’t want to get out of my dad’s arms. My wedding planner grabbed him, handed him the pillow and pushed him out the door:
Post # 8
@lindseyl06: That’s adorable!
Post # 9
@dv3849: I think it’s hard for strangers to pick one kid over the other. Also you cannot seperate 2 brothers from each other, and have one not even come to the wedding…like pp said it will create drama.
I say have all at the wedding (as guests) or have non at all.
Post # 10
I think 4 or 5 are your best bets!
Post # 11
Sounds like there is no right answer. Just skip it.