Bees in the first trimester- how do you keep your mind off baby 24/7?

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
1817 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I honestly focused on work a lot. I work in an O.R. so that was pretty easy. Also nothing is wrong with getting excited and looking at baby items! I mean your pregnant! And yes things can happen, but that doesn’t mean you wouldn’t get pregnant again! I say keep looking or find some website that will suck time away like failblog.org or something like that. I cannot believe how much time that site sucks my life away.

Post # 4
2232 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Have another baby! LOL This is my second pregnancy and I’m so busy with my first that I go days without even remembering I’m pregnant. Enjoy the hyper-focus now while you can!

Post # 5
2884 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

i did a lot of research and reading on websites/forums and baby books. Thing is, i assumed 12 weeks would be the magical mark when i stopped worrying. I haven’t =S  you get to 12 weeks and it’ll be whether the baby is moving or how much, whether youll be one of the small percentages that has problems after the first tri etc etc. And then, youll be waiting for V day (the day of viability when your baby can survive on the outside)

time still goes slowly for me haha and im over 16 weeks! i think learn all you can about pregnancy in the mean time, it really helps =)

Post # 6
7654 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

@hspw714:  I am going to tell you NOT to stop researching 🙂 I don’t feel there is anything wrong with being on baby forums and researching the hell out of your pregnancy. Your pregnant! Of course this will consume most your thoughts. I understand you don’t want to get too far ahead of yourself, but I think at this point to talk about your pregnancy and research options is totally ok because you may get pregnant again one day and will need/want the info anyhow.

For me, I just go with the flow. I try not to talk about it all the time with my parents and try to make things about them too. It’s easy to get wrapped up in all baby all the time, but it is an exciting time and they understand. I fill the rest of my time with watching tv, Facebooking, and focusing on my marriage because I know that after baby comes, my marriage may suffer for a few months, so my man gets as much attention as possible right now 🙂

Post # 7
7262 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2013

I’m in my third trimester, and I still think about my baby/being pregnant almost constantly. I’m not sure that goes away…

Post # 8
2114 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I have not figured it out yet….but i’m only two days into knowing…I hope I can stop obsessing sooner or later. 

Post # 9
728 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

How do you stop thinking about it? Haha you don’t. 

It is constantly on my mind. I just finished my first week back to school which I thought would distract me. Nope. I still think about it every waking moment and dream about it at night. I am almost 11 weeks now and I don’t think it will ever go away. Even when this little bean goes off to college 🙂

Post # 10
1284 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I too think it’s fine to be obsessed with your pregnancy, it’s pretty natural! But, I think there are useful things to be researching and not-so-useful… Like googling things that can go wrong and scaring yourself silly = not useful. Reading about week-by-week progression, or positive birth stories, or your hospital/birth centre/home birth options, or sleeping strategies for babies = great! (In my opinion, anyway)

Good luck! Hope you have a happy and non-eventful pregnancy 🙂

Post # 11
3011 posts
Sugar bee

@hspw714:  you don’t! I’m 23w now and baby is always on my mind. My google is full of pregnancy related searches. Now that he kicks so much I get distracted at work in meetings! 

I do try to only discuss w my pregnant friends, my bee month fb groups & my mom. It’s not that interesting for anyone else!

Post # 12
1083 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Yep, have to agree wih PPs that you never really stop thinking about it, and I’m sure once baby is here, you will constantly think about him/her too! I’m 38.5 weeks and all I’ve done this whole year is think about baby 🙂 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors