Post # 1
So fi is at work right now and pgoing together his presents. I got him wwe smackdown tickets and a bath scrubby that looks like a dinosauar ( don’t ask, inside joke)
It just looks so…sad looking. I know he will be thrilled with the tickets but it bothers me that he is getting a card ( with the tickets) and a scrubby.
What elce can I get him. There are no games out he wants, and he will not wear a watch/ jewlwery….not in to cars or hunting or typically”guy” things. Really kinda nerdy 🙂
Post # 3
He sounds just like my husband! Can you work the sentimentals?
Post # 4
Is there anything he doesn’t know he needs? For example I bought SO a new wallet. He had one that worked fine, it was just a bit tatty.
Post # 5
What about some of the ideas on Think Geek? In teh past few years, some of the gifts I’ve gotten my partner includde:
- plenty of t shirts (usually funny ones – I don’t really buy him clothes otherwise!)
- fun candy (ex. caffienated gum, gourmet PB cups)
- books (for Valentines Day I got him this Batman set.. it mostly goesover the history of Batman, but he LOVES it. Also, anything Alton Brown makes my partner smile!)
- Cooking gadgets, even just new measuring cups (I got him a Hulk spatula. My dad got Spiderman)
- a picture frame for our dogs’ pictures
- a new badge holder for work (from Think Geek, natch. I got him the one w/ the symbol for caffeine and one that says Ninja. He breaks his badge holder all the time, and hates the ones that they give him)
- funny little buttons
- don’t think the little scrubby is silly! It will probably have lots of meaning. I got my partner a little stuffed llama (inside joke)a nd he loves it. It’s on his desk.
- a little set from Think Geek (notice a trend) that turns juice into alcohol. They have lots of inexpensive fun things like this. I also got him a stuffed cat that sings “Soft Kitty” from Big Bang Theory
Post # 6
That sounds like a nice present! If you’re worried about how it *looks* could you just wrap the tickets in a small box with some tissue paper or use a gift bag for them?
Post # 7
Since he’s clearly into WWE there’s a ton of merch you could get him…like maybe a tshirt from his fave wrestler to wear to the show (they actually have some pretty nice ones)? They also have tons of DVDs and books…my Fiance LOOOOOVES wrestling books-for xmas I went on amazon and got him a bunch of gently used ones (because really, with books, you can’t even tell)…I got him 7 books and it only cost me like $15 with shipping, and he was SO THRILLED. You could probably put together a WWE “gift bag” for him for under $50 easy, and it woulkd be pretty full too!