(Closed) Best B&B in Vermont

posted 8 years ago in Vermont
Post # 3
208 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I am originally from the Northeast Kingdom of VT (Northeastern corner of the state).  The foliage there is amazing in the fall!  I can recommend the Wildflower Inn (http://www.wildflowerinn.com/) in Lyndonville, VT.  It is former farm on top of a beautiful hill overlooking the mountains.  It is a short drive to Willoughby Lake, which is stunning for sightseeing and hiking and very close to I91 and Route 2 (which is a beautiful drive to Montpelier).  Another B&B in the area that I have heard of is the Rabbit Hill Inn (http://www.rabbithillinn.com/) in Waterford.  I have not stayed at either of these places, nor am I affiliated with them in any way…I’ve just heard good things 🙂

Hope that helps! 

Post # 5
2015 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

My husband and I honeymooned at the Deerhill Inn in West Dover, VT, and we LOVED it. We’ve been to a couple of other B&Bs in VT before, but the Deerhill was by far our favorite place to stay.

The innkeepers were so amazing. One is a chef (Chef Michael) and everything we ate there was amazing. The breakfast every morning is included in the room fees, and you have a choice of pancakes, french toast, granola, etc. And his muffins come with every breakfast, and I swear to God, they’re the best things I’ve ever put in my mouth. The dinners were also amazing (although, quite pricey, but worth it). The dining room overlooks the mountains, so there are amazing views. In the fall, they also put out hot spiced apple cider and some sort of treat (like cookies or coffee cake) every afternoon for guests to enjoy.

West Dover was also a good location. It’s a small town, but it’s a close (and beautifully scenic!) drive to neighboring towns like Bennington, Battleboro and Wilmington. Plenty of cute shops and restaurants in those towns, and our Innkeepers suggested some great drives to take in the foliage, and also, some great hiking destinations.

Post # 6
67 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

My friend’s parents own Eddington House in North Bennington, Vermont.     The reviews on Trip Adivsor are amazing.  North Bennington is a cute little town that has great culture with the eclectic Bennington College in it’s back yard. There is an amazing restaurant called Pangea near by that is loved by many of my friends. Then there is MY favorite restaurant back home, Kevin at Mike’s place.  The best steak ever!  Not far from Route 7a which leads your through the old highway of Vermont that has amazing views! 

Post # 7
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2011

If they’d like to stay in a town with things to do, Woodstock Inn might be a nice choice! It’s beautiful and there are lots of cute shops, restaurants etc. but it’s close to the mountains to see the foliage also!

Post # 8
198 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

The Waybury Inn is a beautiful place in East Middlebury. The Strong House Inn in Vergennes is also really nice. Waybury is in the foothill of the mountains but 10 or so minutes of out Middlebury. Strong House is in Vergennes but closer to Burlington, so they would need to drive about 30 min to get to the mountains.

Post # 10
913 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Hmmm don’t know if you are still looking or not BUT….

We recently purchased a gift certificate for my friend’s bridal shower at this place:

http://www.fortyputneyroad.com — minutes from downtown Brattleboro area

The topic ‘Best B&B in Vermont’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors