Best Bang for Your Buck Destination Wedding – 15K to Spend for 125 Guests!!

posted 3 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 3
435 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@jdawntelled:  are 100 to 125 people really going to go to a destination wedding? I feel like that is a lot of people for somewhere potentially far away… Does she want in the US or out?

Post # 4
10219 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

TRUE Destination Weddings tend to have much much lower turn outs … Like 0 to well under 50%… I have a feeling she is going to be disappointed if she thinks 125 Guests are going to show up

If she sticks with a mainland location her numbers will go up… And closer to home even more so

$15K is a decent budget she could still do something nice closer to home… If having Family & Friends there is truly importantt to her

Post # 5
11 posts
  • Wedding: October 2008

I’ll add my 2 cents, Rosarito, Baja Mexico.  It is convenient for guest to fly into San Diego and it is only a 25 minute drive from the border. You can also charter a bus to transport guest, which is relatively inexpensive too. There are lots of venue options here, rustic, beach or vineyards.  I was married here and I am a wedding and portrait photographer.  I’d be happy to answer any specific questions.  I also have a blog about my wedding experience and information on some venue availabe there. Let me know if you’re interested and I can PM the link.

Post # 6
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

I think the Dominican Republic is super cost effective.  Lots of bang for your buck.  I also agree, that I’m not sure if it’s realistic to expect 125 at a destination wedding.  We invited 106 and it looks like 30 are attending.

Post # 7
431 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

jdawntelled:  I would say Mexico (Cancun, Riviera Maya, Playa Del Carmen, etc) or Dominican Republic. They have mostly all-inclusive resorts and most of them offer nice wedding packages. However, I have to respectfully disagree with PPs regarding how many people show up. It just depends on the financial/vacation time situation of the bride’s guests, but I’ve heard on many occasions that people were expecting 40, but 70 showed up– literally. Some people will want to book a trip to your wedding who weren’t even invited.

We’re inviting 80 to our DW, and so far over 60 are coming.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors