(Closed) Best Bang for Your Buck Destination Wedding – 15K to Spend for 125 Guests!!

posted 4 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 3
436 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@jdawntelled:  are 100 to 125 people really going to go to a destination wedding? I feel like that is a lot of people for somewhere potentially far away… Does she want in the US or out?

Post # 4
9955 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

TRUE Destination Weddings tend to have much much lower turn outs … Like 0 to well under 50%… I have a feeling she is going to be disappointed if she thinks 125 Guests are going to show up

If she sticks with a mainland location her numbers will go up… And closer to home even more so

$15K is a decent budget she could still do something nice closer to home… If having Family & Friends there is truly importantt to her

Post # 5
11 posts
  • Wedding: October 2008

I’ll add my 2 cents, Rosarito, Baja Mexico.  It is convenient for guest to fly into San Diego and it is only a 25 minute drive from the border. You can also charter a bus to transport guest, which is relatively inexpensive too. There are lots of venue options here, rustic, beach or vineyards.  I was married here and I am a wedding and portrait photographer.  I’d be happy to answer any specific questions.  I also have a blog about my wedding experience and information on some venue availabe there. Let me know if you’re interested and I can PM the link.

Post # 6
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

I think the Dominican Republic is super cost effective.  Lots of bang for your buck.  I also agree, that I’m not sure if it’s realistic to expect 125 at a destination wedding.  We invited 106 and it looks like 30 are attending.

Post # 7
446 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

jdawntelled:  I would say Mexico (Cancun, Riviera Maya, Playa Del Carmen, etc) or Dominican Republic. They have mostly all-inclusive resorts and most of them offer nice wedding packages. However, I have to respectfully disagree with PPs regarding how many people show up. It just depends on the financial/vacation time situation of the bride’s guests, but I’ve heard on many occasions that people were expecting 40, but 70 showed up– literally. Some people will want to book a trip to your wedding who weren’t even invited.

We’re inviting 80 to our Destination Wedding, and so far over 60 are coming.

The topic ‘Best Bang for Your Buck Destination Wedding – 15K to Spend for 125 Guests!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors