Post # 1
I always love to hear about new gadgets/housewares that people love.
First, Darling Husband got me a Shark steam mop. I’ve wanted one of those things since we registered for one, and I was excited to clean with it. I also love that it is eco-friendly and cleans with just steam. I definitely want to get a Bissell spot shot or other handheld steam cleaner (for kitchen counters, the bathtub, etc.) in the future. Judging by the pad on the mop, this thing really does lift a lot of dirt off of the floor.
My mom got us more place settings to match our Fiestaware everyday dishes. We had ivory and chocolate, but we’ve added two place settings of lemongrass ( a bright green color). I love having a new color added into the mix :).
My sister got me one of those Babycakes cake pop makers, along with a really cute cookbook with all different ideas. I’ll be hosting a bridal shower this year, and noticed there is a recipe for the pops that look like little 3-tiered wedding cakes – perfect!
My mom also got us a belgian waffle maker. Haven’t used this yet, but I think it will be great for weekend mornings when we make a big breakfast together.
What did the rest of the Hive receive for the house?
Post # 3
I got a spice rack, beautiful red cake stand and black and decker food processor. can’t wait to use it!!!!!
Post # 4
I got a crock pot! I LOVE it! I am not a good cook, but I have made 2 awesome dinners with it so far and one more tonight planned! It is sooo easy. I recommend to all the bees!
Post # 5
I got a food processor! It is the same one I gave my mom last year for Christmas. My husband got it for me since I borrowed my mom’s this fall to puree pumpkin.
Post # 6
I got a flip fold from a friend of mine who raved about it. I’ve just folded one load of laundry with it so far and it’s pretty cool! I definitely need to use it more to get quicker with it, but it certainly does a much more orderly job than me.
I also got a gorgeous minimalist wine rack that I’ve been coveting for YEARS. I don’t know why I never just went and bought it for myself but it’s one of those things that’s just better as a gift, haha.
Post # 7
My inlaws gave me a fabric steamer, which I have been coveting for awhile. I’m ridiculously excited to use it. It will do clothes and furniture, so I plan to steam everything.
I was super lucky and got a Dyson from my parents this year (crazy cross-border shopping sales!). My apartment is mostly hardwood, but we have some area rugs, and I have to say that this vacuum is life-changing. lol
@MrsEdamame: Do you like the Shark Steamer? That is next on my list.
Post # 8
We got a Dyson too and I cannot wait to use it this weekend! We have a pretty big house and have resorted to using the wet-vac because our old vacuum just wasn’t working. We were also given a wooden drying rack that I’ve been drooling over since we bought the house 2 years ago.
Post # 9
A new microwave, deep fryer, a bigger George Foreman grill & an elecric fireplace!
We was real good this year & santa brought us everything we asked for! 😉
Post # 10
Kitchen Aid stand mixerer with the pasta attachment 😀 Fiance *squealed* when he opened the box. His family are the BEST at presents.
Post # 11
@MrsEdamame: I got that Babycakes cake pop maker for a friend and got the cupcake maker myself! Can’t wait to use it! I also got some silicone bakeware, cookie cutters, a cute cheese wedge dip bowl, some Christmas themed spreaders and Christmas themed salt and pepper shakers.
My mom hates to give me house things as presents. I love it though! It’s hard to convince her I like to get cool housewares (and kitchen stuff especially) as gifts. A lot of it is stuff I won’t necessarily buy for myself, like the amazing blender and food processor I got for my bday from my fiance. I love that thing!
Post # 12
@MrsEdamame: We have the Shark Steam Mop. It’s pretty tough to actually get the crap off the floor (DH bent the handle trying) but it does work wonders.
We got a lot of stuff from our registry for Christmas. I guess that’s what happens when you get married 2 months before the holidays. I’m not complaining though! Getting something I actually want is a heck of a lot better than getting some more pajamas…
- Rest of our dishes: These actually weren’t the same ones we registered for since those kept going in and out of stock but they’re pretty damn close. My mom found them at TJ Maxx and they were a fraction of the price. Go mom!
- Duvet set: We got the most amazing down comforter ever for our bridal shower but it’s been sitting in our spare bedroom still in the bag since we didn’t want to ruin it by using it without a cover. I am madly in love with our bed now. Seriously, it’s like impossible to get up in the morning. For the last 2 days we’ve rolled out of bed an hour late (but somehow only managed to be like 15 minutes late to work!).
- Mandolin: This was one of those “maybe we’ll use it at some point” registry items. I wasn’t heart broken when we didn’t get it for our shower but I’m excited to use it now.
- Roasting Pan: We’ve lived together for over 6 years and we’ve never owned a roasting pan. I look forward to making a big honkin’ turkey this winter.
- Worlds softest throw blanket: We registered for 2 but we only got 1 (I guess my aunt wasn’t feeling the hot pink one that I put on the registry for me, lol). I’ve yet to let Darling Husband feel its awesomeness. Once I do, I’ll never see it again. That baby is all mine!
- Sheets: We registered for reeeeeaaalllllyyy expensive ones but we didn’t get them. My IL’s got us a really nice set for Christmas. Not the same ones we registered for but they’re still awesome. Who doesn’t love the stay cool sheets?! They’ve changed the way I sleep.
I think that’s about it as far as household stuff goes. We were pretty spoiled this year!
Post # 13
I got a set of Pyrex casserole dishes from my mom. *LOVE*
Post # 14
@ArwenBride: I really do! It heats up quickly, and the floor dries really quickly – within less than a minute or two. Judging by the pad after I cleaned the kitchen and bathroom, it does pick up a lot of dirt. So much quicker than a mop and bucket. We used to have the Swiffer Wet Jet, and I hated it because the mopping solution always left the floor feeling sticky. I’ve used the Shark twice now, and it is much better.
Post # 15
I collect Fiesta ware and my dishes are all fiesta. My aunt found me an awesome knife block and set from Fiesta. It looks so great on my counter! Love it.
Post # 16
Glad to hear the reviews on the Shark Steam Mop. We registered for it, but didn’t get it. I have a bunch of credit at BB&B though, so I think I’m going to get it anyway. I HATE doing floors!
One of the best things we got is one of the simplest. A cast iron bacon press. The lady at BB&B talked us out of the panini maker when we registered, and told us just to ask for that and use it with our grill pan. I am so glad she did! It is super versatile (have not actually used it for bacon yet though, lol!) It makes awesome panini’s and Is great for making steaks, or really any other kind of meat, in your grill pan. Plus, it takes up WAY less space than a panini maker!