best paper for invites and etc for diy and over 150 invites?

posted 2 years ago in DIY
Post # 2
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: Canal 337

no help on the paper type since i haven’t started on mine yet…but i did have a question: are you doing 150 people or 150 invites?  if you’re having 150 people but some of them are couples/families, you may need 75 (or fewer) invitations.  just wanted to clarify since you’re trying to keep costs low!  🙂

Post # 4
1168 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Michaels and crafts stores sell stock paper (precut into invitation shape).

They have this but they also have things like this without the border. If you use the 40% coupons Im sure you could do this in or under your budget (the set even comes with the envelopes). 

http://www.michaels.com/celebrate-it-occasions-invitation-kit-pearl-white-border/10329705.html#q=invitation+paper&start=16

You can also check office supply stores like Staples which have precut cardstock.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  SparkleBee11.
Post # 5
188 posts
Blushing bee

when i did my invitations, i ordered all of the paper from http://www.paperandmore.com/ for the 65 invitations i made, i ordered 100 sheets of cardstock (pearl white from the “metallic pearlescent” section), steel grey metallic a7 envelopes, and steel grey metallic 4bar envelopes. i had my friend print them at work (she works at a print shop), and it was something like, $40 for the printing.

for 100 invitations, if you do 5×7 invitations, you can design them to be 2 per sheet. so that’s 50 sheets of cardstock. rsvp cards are usually 3.5×5, and you can design them to fit 4 to a sheet. so you’d need another 25 sheets of cardstock. you could order 1 pack of 100 sheets of cardstock, then you’d need to buy envelopes.

to price it out, for basic white matte cardstock and solid colored envelopes, it comes out to be about $70.00:

then you just have to have them printed.

Post # 6
231 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Lubeznik Center for the Arts

We ended up using a template from Wedding Chick’s (http://www.weddingchicks.com and click on “free printables”) and using Vista Print to create the invitations (you get envelopes for free) and return postcards. Everything turned out great and we got 50 for $46, which I thought was a darn good deal. They always seem to have specials for Vista Print, too, and it was so “no hassle” for us. 

Post # 7
34 posts
Newbee

You can also buy the templete on Etsy and instantly download and customize for really cheap! There are tons of desgins on there… you can also request people RSVP online if you have a wedding website. That way you don’t have to print anything additional and your postage will be silghtly less since they won’t weigh as much

Post # 8
34 posts
Newbee

beenonymous765:  This is really helpful! I’ve been looking for paper online but wasn’t sure what to choose… there are too many options!

Post # 9
188 posts
Blushing bee

willkayl:  their shipping time was fantastic, and they pack things really well. the quality is awesome too. they even sell samples, so you can check the colors and all that.

Post # 10
760 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - Gold Hill Gardens

willkayl:  I second the recommendation of beenonymous765 – I ordered the same card stock (pearl metallic), as well as the regular paper in the pearl metallic, and several other colors as well. Everything was packed really well, and I’m a paper person – I keep trying to figure out what I could order from them now that the wedding’s over! 

Post # 12
250 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

I’ve been researching cardsandpockets.com and love that they can send you a swatch/sample of the color for $0.35. I chose a ton of colors and for $3 I got to find the perfect blue without have to do a bulk order and then being disappointed. They sell in bulk 8 1/2 x 11 sheets or you can buy precut ones. Bulk packs of 50 start at $5 depending on the color and if it’s matte or not and the price goes up a little from there. I’m getting mine precut a certain size and for 75 precut ones it’s going to be $30 + free shipping (when they offer it). They sell pretty much everything you need to make an invitation or you can customize your own kit with your own colors.

It may be a tiny bit more than the other website but so far i’ve had a great experience with them. (The last time I ordered swatches, they wrote a personal note on my order sheet saying something along the lines of thank you and enjoy but more elaborate.) 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors