(Closed) BF & I picked out a NON ENGAGEMENT RING for my Cmas present. Thoughts?

posted 6 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
891 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I really like the thought of an I love you ring. And it looks great, that colour is mesmerizing. Congratulations!

Post # 4
7293 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

I think its super sweet!
The ring is beautiful and his intensions are too 🙂

Post # 5
6248 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 1900

Damn girl, you get an “I love you” ring and an engagement ring?  He’s a keeper!  *hehe*

Seriously though, that is a stunning ring.  I understand wanting this to be the ring he proposes to you with if you’re ready and waiting for him to proposal, but at least you have some fabulous bling to show off while you wait.  😉

Post # 6
5921 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

@Chuggy: Wow, awfully snarky for your very first post.

Post # 7
304 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@Linz1231: I agree!

Anyway, I think the ring is beautiful! I also think that your man is very sweet and obviously thinks you deserve the best.

However I think that if you want this to be an engagement ring, perhaps you can talk about that with him and discuss upgrading to the ring of your (his?? hehe) dreams in the future? 🙂

Post # 8
491 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

It’s beautiful!!!

Post # 9
371 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

You can always wear this one on the right hand once you get the engagement ring.  I think it’s beautiful!! 

Post # 10
181 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I love the ring. 

But I’m here to say my honest opinion. 

From what my fiance has told me a guy wanting to get you a “bigger engagement ring” is just an excuse for pushing back what he knows you want. He might not be ready and unsure how to say it. Of course, I dont’ know him – so use your gut instincts.

Post # 11
532 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Beautiful ring. 

But I have to say, I have the same feelings as @adage

If a guy is telling you he only wants to give you the 2 carat diamond ring, and you are telling him the one he’s buying will suffice – but he insists its an “I Love you”. He’s not on the same page. He’s pushing it off because he’s not ready, has concerns or something else. 

Why not call it a promise ring if he plans on getting engaged?

That’s what my Dragon did. I got a promise ring. He originally wanted to propose a year later (and didn’t , which made me nervous) but ultimately did – saying he had car issues that caused him to delay paying off the ring. 

Post # 12
1493 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

@dragonlover: My husband wouldn’t propose to me unless he had the desired ring. He wanted to do it right and when he had the finances. He waited a bit after getting a job and then went out, and bought the ring. I can kind of see the OP’s boyfriend’s reasoning here. At the same time, he’s putting money into a nice ring which could be an engagement ring. Why couldn’t he waited a bit and just got the desired ring? I agree that he’s possibly stalling the OP or seeing if this ring will hold off engagement/marriage discussions awhile longer either to get the desired ring or not.

Post # 13
444 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

I have a feeling he’s using this to get your ring size!

Post # 15
730 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Maybe he’s just using it as an excuse to figure out what size ring you wear…. just a thought!

Post # 16
2305 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

Beautiful ring!

The topic ‘BF & I picked out a NON ENGAGEMENT RING for my Cmas present. Thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors