(Closed) Birds Nested in Gutter & Are Attacking

posted 8 years ago in Home
Post # 3
18645 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I would probably destroy the nest (though you might end up killing some eggs that way).  They probably can’t do anything because they don’t want to kill the baby birds.

Post # 4
2695 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

We have a nest in our hanging fern on the front porch.  They don’t bother us when we come in and out just chirp a lot.  It’s my understanding the hatch and leave the nest pretty quickly.  So you might go in and out another door if you don’t want to remove them.

Post # 5
2008 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

If it was me I would just ignore them.  Well, actually it depends on what kind of bird it is.  I would evict Starlings. 

Post # 6
1003 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I would probably just leave it until they have had their babies and are gone. After that then just destroy their nest. What kind of birds are they? I know up here there are laws against distrubing nests so better safe than sorry.

Post # 7
2562 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I had this problem last year in my old house – a group of blue jays had their babies in my garden – whenever you walked out the door to the car they started diving and squawking at you – my poor dog got dive-bombed whenever he went to potty in the yard.

I didn’t want to kill baby birds though, so I just waited it out, it was over in a couple weeks when the babies left the nest – once they were gone I destroyed the nest.

The topic ‘Birds Nested in Gutter & Are Attacking’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors