Black Friday 2014/ Cyber Monday

posted 2 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 4
217 posts
Helper bee

Oh dear. I’m normally such a frugal person and such a conservative shopper. I think through EVERYTHING a billion times over and honestly, rarely ever make impulse buys.

Today has been an impulse buy kind of day…

PowerSkin has their Pop’n battery chargers for 99 cents! (Originally $49.99), so naturally I bought one for everyone on my list. Unfortunately you have to pay $7.99 for shipping on each one, but I thought that was a decent deal.

Then I wanted to get something nice for my FI. I love him. Haha. He never asks for anything and this is the last Christmas before we are married (and combining bank accounts). He is frugal and I know that in the future I have to clear big purchases through him (because he would do the same for me). Those freaking Amazon Lightening Deals got me in a frenzy. I bought a 50″ Toshiba HDTV… I feel a little numb and am only taking solace in the fact that I get free returns and am not paying for shipping. But goodness. I can’t believe that just happened. I don’t know if he will be elated or if he will want to kill me. Now I don’t know if I should return it (before it even ships), sleep on it or if I should just be excited. At $399, it was a pretty good deal. I’ve called a few tech stores who said that the specs on the TV are good and that I got a good deal. I just don’t know what to do. I’m seriously fighting the urge to cancel the purchase.

Post # 5
2428 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

happyhappyhappa:  why would you cancel! That’s an awesome deal. It can be a Christmas gift for both of you!

Post # 6
217 posts
Helper bee

TaraMay_:  Ah! Thanks for the encouragement. It is definitely over my budget (by about double) and there is a part of me that feels guilty for spending so much at a time when we are trying to figure out how to pay for the wedding on our own. My mom asked me yesterday if I purchase a bigger item if she could go in with me for him (because he is so hard to shop for), but even still, when we are looking at ways we can save here and there on wedding planning, it just feels weird. If we weren’t engaged, I think it probably wouldn’t feel like such a big deal to me. 🙂

Post # 7
1377 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

freckledjasmin:  I have a bird feeder set out that I usually have about 70 birds come to, and a couple squirrels. I also have a horse that probably goes through treats a bit too fast. But I did get 100lbs of good quality song bird seed, a few pounds of squirrel feed, and a few bags of horse treats for $30 all told, at 6:30 in the morning. 

Post # 8
2428 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

happyhappyhappa:  aw that’s understandable. But a splurge every so often is okay too! It’s definitely important to save money, but more important to live in the now I think (I waffle back and forth on this all the time, relative to how much we have in our bank account ). In the grand scheme of all that is wedding, a few hundred dollars won’t make tooooo much of a difference. Enjoy it!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors