(Closed) Black&White or Color??

posted 8 years ago in Flowers
Post # 3
1251 posts
Bumble bee

I think if you did everything black and white with the flowers as the only pops of color it would be very, very cool looking.

Post # 4
6572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2010

i love the colored flowers! i think as long as you do everything else (bridesmaid dresses, boys suits, linens, etc) in black and white you’ll still be sticking with your theme, but it will be nice to have that pop of color in the flowers.

Post # 5
Bee
2362 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - New York Botanical Garden

I love the pop of color in the flowers!

Post # 6
1752 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I’m the same way.. I am SOOO color loving.. My original scheme was cherry red, watermelon pink & tangerine orange.. but it just wasn’t working.. so I figured, black and white is already part of the wedding with my dress and his tux.. so why don’t we just go with that.

We are using several different colors of green as the accent:  apple, honeydew, sage.. in that range.  I’m doing green roses, lisanthus and about 90% green hydrangea.

I’m hoping it’s classic, but that the green pops.  Our hall is magenta and navy and beige.. so I also didn’t want to conflict with the room TOO much

Post # 8
1245 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

i LOVE the middle bouquet!

But if everything is black and white, and you want some color, definitely go with the last bouquet! It would add a beautiful pop of color!

Post # 9
1049 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 1998

Love colorful flowers, but black and white anemones are so striking too!

Post # 10
436 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I’m doing black and white too! and I’ve been debating the same thing….esp after I saw these boards on Stylemepretty.

Post # 11
368 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I love bringing color out in the flowers as well. I think the third picture you posted, I think the reds/purples/burgundy would look awesome!

Post # 12
1403 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I vote for the pop of color with the flowers, but keep it restricted to just one or two colors.  If you have all the colors of the rainbow in the flowers it will probably look strange against the chic simplicity of your B&W theme.  Since you like the look of wildflowers, how about daisies or sunflowers?

[attachment=894270,110976]

Post # 13
24 posts
Newbee

Ooh, the third one with the blues and pinks etc is fab – I think they would look just gorgeous with a black and white theme – I vote something like that!

I reckon the colour  in the flower would bring out the black and white theme by contrast and vice versa… the black and white flowers might just fade into the background. Also, if you’re doing colour I would do something like that 3rd picture, as I think the 2nd pic with the pale colours doesn’t have enough colour to pop, and isn’t black/white enough to match, so wouldn’t work as well.

Post # 14
2867 posts
Sugar bee

I think color in the flowers would be good. But maybe just do a monocromatic color for flowers – that way it would keep the chic sophisticated crisp look of black and white.

Yellow would be nice. This was on the boards before:

http://pics.boards.weddingbee.com/14939.DamaskYellowBlack1.jpg.resize

or Pink:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_IhUIIcG6cd8/SSMy7avJP3I/AAAAAAAAAJA/Iibx8gClc_w/s1600-h/pink+black+and+white+wedding+inspiration+board+-+Primadonnabride.jpg

Post # 15
404 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I agree with Sweet…Black and White Anemones are great.  For a pop of color, you could also look at green hydrangeas:

[attachment=896137,111168] [attachment=896137,111169]

Post # 16
941 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

i’m doing lots of black and white too, but definitely a pop of color in some of the flowers and shoes and things like that. i say do it!

The topic ‘Black&White or Color??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors