- 3 years ago
- Wedding: January 2014
I have started blogging several different blogs because I’m always all over the place. My FI talked me into it. But, I have to say I kinda like like it. The craziness of 2 unrelated blogs keeps me entertained. So, without talking about actual links to anyones blogs because that is against the rules I thought maybe we could exchange some general helpful blogging information.
Some information on myself… I live abroad and have a blog based on shopping, art and dog stuff. I am concentrating on only the things I have a high interest in. For example: Thrift stores are almost non exsistant in the area I live in, yet new furniture is extremely expenisive. So, I go out of my way looking to used furnature places. And dogs are treated differently over here. So, I research where to find vets, dog supplies, dog trainers, etc. So, anyway…
I have found some things helpful and some things not so much in the process of blogging. Here’s some of my experiences through trail and error…
As a side I use a wordpress free blog.
- Posts: Posts are new to me. I used to use only pages. But, posts seem to index differently on search engines. I seem to be getting more traffic from posting. The only thing is I have had to make all kinds of catogories because I don’t want all my posts on the same page. So, thats kinda crazy for me. I don’t know if theres a better way to handle posts.
- Follow me: I have never used the follow me feature thinking no one would actually follow me. But, people have and do.
- Follow me e-mail: I always wonder if anyone has any luck with people following your blog through e-mail? Its a system that sends people posts in their email every time you post.
- Twitter timeline: a new feature I think is totally cool is the twitter timeline. It posts every time I post something. But, I always wonder the proper way to use twitter. Do other people have great luck with twitter with blogging? I always hear of people having great success with twitter but how? Do people spend all kinds of time commenting on other peooples twitter accounts?
- Posting on muliple sites at once: I have found if something does not post at least to one other social site I don’t have the energy to use it. Its just to much for me to go around posting everywhere.
- FACEBOOK: Maybe this is a mistake. But, I don’t use facebook anymore. I have a kind of hate with facebook. And I am not familiar with it and in general don’t use it well. Does anyone else have great luck with facebook? I’m talking about free non paying facebook activity.
- Instagram and pintrest: cause great confusion for me and I dont know if they are worth it. I’d like to know if anyone uses them with great success. I’m very curious about these social sites. Any experiences people would like to share about these sites would be interesting to me!
I just thought this woud be a friendly platform to exchange some ideas. Blogging can be confusing. Its kind of line ballet dancing in the mud. If anyone has personal experiences with anything blog wise please feel free to post.